Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
834 replies to this topic

#121 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Last Ripper Street tonight. Great series. Jerome Flynn's career resurrection gets better and better.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#122 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Last Ripper Street tonight. Great series. Jerome Flynn's career resurrection gets better and better.

yes
really enjoyed it
quality ensemble acting
well crafted stories

I hope it returns
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#123 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Some great telly on Sunday nights ATM. Call the Midwife, Wonders of Life and Top Gear (not fashionable to say this but I like it). Good old BBC.

Been enjoying a US show that to my knowledge hasn't been aired over here yet called Community. It's a quirky sitcom about a group of mature students at a community college. Clever script with lots of references and foreshadowing that are only noticed on repeat viewings. When I say quirky it's not quite in the Mighty Boosh league but they have had episodes filmed using claymation, one rendered like a video game and the two paintballing episodes were brilliant.
Fides invicta triumphat

#124 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,787 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Some great telly on Sunday nights ATM. Call the Midwife, Wonders of Life and Top Gear (not fashionable to say this but I like it). Good old BBC.

This latest series of Top Gear hasn't exactly been vintage stuff, IMO.

'Dancing on the Edge' finished last night. I wasn't sure about it when it started, but ended up enjoying it quite a lot, mainly due to the excellent cast and music.

Who'd have thought that Mel Smith would turn in a fine and understated performance like he did? Especially if you've ever watched 'Morons from Outer Space'. :D

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#125 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,787 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I saw a trailer for 'The Challenger' on the BBC last night. A dramatisation of the enquiry into the Challenger space shuttle disaster. Looks like it might be good, especially for fans of Richard Feynmann and his books.

William Hurt plays Feynmann, and the cast also includes Bruce Greenwood, Brian Dennehy, Kevin McNally, Joanne Whalley, Eve Best and Henry Goodman.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#126 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,787 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I saw a trailer for 'The Challenger' on the BBC last night. A dramatisation of the enquiry into the Challenger space shuttle disaster. Looks like it might be good, especially for fans of Richard Feynmann and his books.

William Hurt plays Feynmann, and the cast also includes Bruce Greenwood, Brian Dennehy, Kevin McNally, Joanne Whalley, Eve Best and Henry Goodman.

Well, that was pretty damn good! William Hurt had a good attempt at Feynman, although the character was at least 20% Donald Sutherland. The rest of the cast were very good indeed.

The story was, I suppose necessarily, simplified, but if you want to know more, Feynman's book 'What do you care what other people think?' is a very fine read.

#127 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well, that was pretty damn good! William Hurt had a good attempt at Feynman, although the character was at least 20% Donald Sutherland. The rest of the cast were very good indeed.

The story was, I suppose necessarily, simplified, but if you want to know more, Feynman's book 'What do you care what other people think?' is a very fine read.

Really enjoyed it, fine performances all round.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#128 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

missed it: ######. It got really good reviews and William Hurt doesn't turn poor performance in.
Keeping it local

#129 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Just started watching 'The Syndicate' a lot of which was filmed in Bradford. Girl has just met a lad who claims to have just signed for the Bulls and has some sort of Bulls t-shirt on. Proper coverage at last!!

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#130 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Just started watching 'The Syndicate' a lot of which was filmed in Bradford. Girl has just met a lad who claims to have just signed for the Bulls and has some sort of Bulls t-shirt on. Proper coverage at last!!

Saw it was a Kay Mellor effort so decided to leave it.

Currently working our way thought season 2 blu rays of Game Of Thrones ready for season 3. Superb stuff.
Fides invicta triumphat

#131 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Currently working our way thought season 2 blu rays of Game Of Thrones ready for season 3. Superb stuff.

Not exactly a fan of hers either, just watching it to do a bit of scene and extra spotting. There was quite a big scene filmed at Odsal though.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#132 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

watched it because there are actor in it that I like

it's the usual plot but with nurses uniforms.
Keeping it local

#133 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

I think I'll give it a look for the Bradford on TV angle. I was in the same year at school with the lass Natalie Gavin, we spoke only occasionally though, she's been in quite a few things now, good on her!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#134 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

I think I'll give it a look for the Bradford on TV angle. I was in the same year at school with the lass Natalie Gavin, we spoke only occasionally though, she's been in quite a few things now, good on her!

sh was superb in prisoners wives
Keeping it local

#135 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,787 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

missed it: ######. It got really good reviews and William Hurt doesn't turn poor performance in.

Worth catching on iPlayer, if you are able. If not, get the book. And there is plenty of the real Richard Feynman on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgaw9qe7DEE

#136 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Worth catching on iPlayer, if you are able. If not, get the book. And there is plenty of the real Richard Feynman on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgaw9qe7DEE

I've got it. I'll see

I'm practicing my guitar today when I can get off my ass
Keeping it local

#137 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Watched the first episode of I, Claudius last night on BBC Four. Typical for the period the whole thing looks very staged, but the writing was spot on and the acting top notch. Even Brian Blessed managed not to shout.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#138 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

The Matt Lucas awards is easily ghe most smug, self regarding, unfunny, pointless waste of time and licence fee payers' money on te beeb
Keeping it local

#139 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

The Matt Lucas awards is easily ghe most smug, self regarding, unfunny, pointless waste of time and licence fee payers' money on te beeb

Steady on. It might be all those things (it's certainly a waste of airtime), but surely the Six Nations coverage and the fawning smugness of Inverdale is worse?
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#140 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Either half of that wasn't Bradford, or there's half of Bradford I haven't seen.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users