Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RIP Donald Hunt

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ben+olis dad

ben+olis dad
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

While we are all over the moon with winning the League again,lets spare a moment to remember Donald Hunt

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

i had the pleasure of speaking to Donald on a number of occasions, a true gentleman. RIP Donald and condolences to the family.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Lovely man, and a good servant to this great club of ours, Donald was also heavily involved in the local branch of The Royal British Legion. Condolences to his family and friends.
Im Fev and im proud

#4 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Fantastic man was Donald and and one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. I had the pleasure of working alongside him as a committee member and director of the club for many years and his passion for Rovers was immeasurable. He'll be sadly missed by all who knew him. Condolences to to Moira and family.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#5 Ovo

Ovo
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

How very sad I am to read this. What a great man!
Anything I post is a personal opinion

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,918 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

Fantastic man was Donald and and one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. I had the pleasure of working alongside him as a committee member and director of the club for many years and his passion for Rovers was immeasurable. He'll be sadly missed by all who knew him. Condolences to to Moira and family.

I echo your words Terry
Donald was a true gentleman, with a great sense of humour and a twinkle in his eye.
He was very influential in establishing the magnificent war memorial on station lane-I urge everyone to visit it if they haven't already and pause a while.
Donald's experiences in world war 2 are the subject of a book he wrote: he was an officer in the Royal Irish Horse, a tank regiment in North Africa.
We owe a lot to people like him, and the rest of his rapidly disappearing generation.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#7 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

I echo your words Terry
Donald was a true gentleman, with a great sense of humour and a twinkle in his eye.
He was very influential in establishing the magnificent war memorial on station lane-I urge everyone to visit it if they haven't already and pause a while.
Donald's experiences in world war 2 are the subject of a book he wrote: he was an officer in the Royal Irish Horse, a tank regiment in North Africa.
We owe a lot to people like him, and the rest of his rapidly disappearing generation.

Yes.

Rest in Peace.

A Fev Blog

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

i had the pleasure of speaking to Donald on a number of occasions, a true gentleman. RIP Donald and condolences to the family.

I endorse all those sentiments OR. Met him on a number of occasions a smashing bloke and a gentleman in the true sense of the word.

#9 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

R.I.P Donald a very nice gentleman..
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

I served on a couple of committees with Donald and his contributions were always thoughtful and polite.

As someone said, a very nice man and I'm sad to hear of his passing.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

When's the funeral ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#12 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:32 PM