NCL 3 next season

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#141 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

I stated clearly why Bramley failed the criteria and got my comment deleted and blocked from further comment. Obviously someone wants to perpetuate a lie.

Your comment is still there and has, in fact, attracted an abusive reply.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#142 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,142 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Your comment is still there and has, in fact, attracted an abusive reply.

I don't see how they can on the one hand claim to not know why they were rejected but on the other hand shout abuse at simple explanations.

#143 stupid

stupid
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

bowes i have not abused anyone ...

#144 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

That's hardly the same as Essex Eels or Manchester.

I think the problem with these two clubs and a few others at the time was having over ambitious committees.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#145 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,142 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

bowes i have not abused anyone ...

I agree. I was referring to the poster on Code13.

#146 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

I almost phoned you yesterday, but it would probably have turned into me moaning down the phone for about half an hour, so decided you could probably do without that ;)

Anytime you need to moan, just call! Theres plenty afoot, its just not being broadcast on here ;-)

#147 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Anytime you need to moan, just call! Theres plenty afoot, its just not being broadcast on here ;-)

Got your own column in RLW or whatever it's called

#148 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Not that it matters but Stanningley don't own the ground either Leeds city council own itl and Stanningley lease it and Bramley rent it.

Bramley's bid may have been speculative but NCL should have advised all clubs approved or not at the same time & discussed with the clubs their applications and what criteria they did or didn't meet prior to issuing names. That's the only business like way to run an organisation.After the clubs voted the full list of applicants should be published showing details of all criteria and how they were marked.

Not doing so leaves a bitter taste, leads to pages of ill informed speculation & does nothing at all to improve the image of RL from the outside.

#149 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Got your own column in RLW or whatever it's called

Lol! I really should. I might call it Thorney Issues ;-)

Reffed Balby Carr 6th form today v St Wilfreds, of, er, Featherstone, Ponte.... some good players knocking about!

#150 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Lol! I really should. I might call it Thorney Issues ;-)

Reffed Balby Carr 6th form today v St Wilfreds, of, er, Featherstone, Ponte.... some good players knocking about!

Balby would be a good area to set up another open aged side in Donny as it could take in players all the way to Rotherham with no competition that side of town

#151 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yes, that's the impression I got when talking to other people at the RFL. I'm just impatient ;)
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#152 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Just been reading the NCL website and saw this -

The National Conference League has invited nine new clubs to enter the competition for the 2013 season following an NCL clubs meeting earlier this week where existing clubs voted in favour of them being accepted. Coventry Bears, Peterlee Pumas, Nottingham Outlaws. Kells, Hindley, Wigan St Cuthberts, Underbank, Pilkington Recs and Barrow Island now have until Tuesday October 2nd to confirm their application ......... Further details about next year’s structure and process will follow after theTuesday 2nd deadline.

Does the comment about next years 'struture and process' refer to the amateur (summer) leagues below the NCL as well, or is that a totally seperate set up? As I visit several clubs in the south east to watch the amateur game, I was just wondering when we would find out about their league set ups etc.

#153 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,142 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Just been reading the NCL website and saw this -

The National Conference League has invited nine new clubs to enter the competition for the 2013 season following an NCL clubs meeting earlier this week where existing clubs voted in favour of them being accepted. Coventry Bears, Peterlee Pumas, Nottingham Outlaws. Kells, Hindley, Wigan St Cuthberts, Underbank, Pilkington Recs and Barrow Island now have until Tuesday October 2nd to confirm their application ......... Further details about next year’s structure and process will follow after theTuesday 2nd deadline.

Does the comment about next years 'struture and process' refer to the amateur (summer) leagues below the NCL as well, or is that a totally seperate set up? As I visit several clubs in the south east to watch the amateur game, I was just wondering when we would find out about their league set ups etc.

This is just the NCL. I doubt we'll know the make up of 'the other tier 3 league' til December and lower leagues January or February (this is based on past seasons experience)

#154 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Peterlee is an interesting one. I know they played in the Yorkshire league under the North East Colliers name but nobody talked about them playing NCL.

#155 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Having been to watch many Sonics games over the past 3 years I'm at the point of not bothering anymore. The year to year uncertainty is a joke. All this nonsense from the rfl about a clear structure is pathetic. I can only conclude that the only expansion that interests the rfl are those that come with a backer and none that involve organic bottom up growth. I honestly can't think of any other sport where so many fans, players and admin are so blinkered and selfish.

#156 FAZ

FAZ
  • Coach
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Hope it's not Sonics related then

#157 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,142 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Having been to watch many Sonics games over the past 3 years I'm at the point of not bothering anymore. The year to year uncertainty is a joke. All this nonsense from the rfl about a clear structure is pathetic. I can only conclude that the only expansion that interests the rfl are those that come with a backer and none that involve organic bottom up growth. I honestly can't think of any other sport where so many fans, players and admin are so blinkered and selfish.

Watch this space for a strong league uniting the likes of Bristol, Nottingham and Northampton.

#158 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Watch this space for a strong league uniting the likes of Bristol, Nottingham and Northampton.

How can it be stronger than what it was?

#159 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,142 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

How can it be stronger than what it was?

It can't. But it will be more sustainable.

#160 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I saw the RFL director/executive responsible for the community game at the Championship Grand Final, so I asked him what was happening. He basically said "don't worry, we'll know more very soon but something is being sorted". So he's confident, at least. Which I suppose is a good sign!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users