Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NCL 3 next season

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#161 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

I saw the RFL director/executive responsible for the community game at the Championship Grand Final, so I asked him what was happening. He basically said "don't worry, we'll know more very soon but something is being sorted". So he's confident, at least. Which I suppose is a good sign!

Ha Ha, That sounds about correct from what I was told last night by a sacked RFL Development officers, he said the RFL are a joke and are in disarray from top to bottom, he mentioned going into meeting where they basically made it up as they went along and if we are all honest it really does show.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#162 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,876 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Ha Ha, That sounds about correct from what I was told last night by a sacked RFL Development officers, he said the RFL are a joke and are in disarray from top to bottom, he mentioned going into meeting where they basically made it up as they went along and if we are all honest it really does show.

Really? Somebody who's been sacked from an organisation doesn't rate it much?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#163 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ha Ha, That sounds about correct from what I was told last night

To be fair, this particular director, in my experience, does know what he's talking about. He told me he expected at least one club that had been offered a place in NCL3 to turn it down.

Looks like he was right
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#164 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

There are concerns for most of the development officers' jobs because of Sport England cuts.

But there definitely is a plan for a league for the likes of Northampton, St Albans, Bristol, Nottingham etc just the line up is confirmed. Plans for such a league came out officially in 2010 or 2011 so we can't say it's made up in the spot. In fact the RFL have had hopes for such a league dating back to after the 2006 season.

#165 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

There are concerns for most of the development officers' jobs because of Sport England cuts.

But there definitely is a plan for a league for the likes of Northampton, St Albans, Bristol, Nottingham etc just the line up is confirmed. Plans for such a league came out officially in 2010 or 2011 so we can't say it's made up in the spot. In fact the RFL have had hopes for such a league dating back to after the 2006 season.

Did I state any specific area of development? I'd say the Tier3 Midlands is more an Idea and it's obviously they have not got a plan just yet.

This falls into what I was basically told, they (The RFL) come up with a idea without a plan on how to get from `A` to `B`, they then try to make up a plan on how to make it work as they go along.

I'm sure we are all aware they normally cock up with plan `A` without having a plan `B`anyway.

I also find it amusing how some call the RFL when they think things arn't going their way but soon change their tune once they feel the RFL have given them something.

#166 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

The RFL are often bad but this plan is actually more advanced than you'd think.

#167 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

To be fair, this particular director, in my experience, does know what he's talking about. He told me he expected at least one club that had been offered a place in NCL3 to turn it down.

Looks like he was right

According to the NCL website Nottingham Outlaws and Barrow Island declined the option. The other 7 have been admitted and there are another two clubs being considered.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#168 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

According to the NCL website Nottingham Outlaws and Barrow Island declined the option. The other 7 have been admitted and there are another two clubs being considered.

Who is being considered?

#169 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Who is being considered?

Your new bid and Blackbrook I believe. Anyone else meeting criteria is welcome to apply.

Edited by bowes, 08 October 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#170 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Your new bid and Blackbrook I believe. Anyone else meeting criteria is welcome to apply.

Should make for a strong league.

#171 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Should make for a strong league.

Yes.

You'll be our local derby

#172 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

The RFL are often bad but this plan is actually more advanced than you'd think.

Mr Contradiction, two weeks ago you was doing a little bit of spread betting because you didn't know what the RFL was going to do next and now your saying this plan is in an advanced state :D Sounds more like we'll sit down with an idea to try and work a plan out.

#173 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I'd like to see Bristol given a crack.

#174 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

No need to worry then RL will come to the rescue like a knight shining amour or will it be in arriving too late at night dressed in dull tinfoil after the wake!!

#175 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

The NCL remains the bedrock of Tier 3. That will not change , nor for the duration of the agreement with the RFL will it's governance.

Nottingham have declined for reasons explained elsewhere on these threads ; Barrow Island largely withdrew because of planning issues ( trees and field works ?) Both clubs respected the process and will be welcome again should the shoe fit.

The NCL will proceed with a third division of ten if necessary. I have heard talk of other applications. Should they materialize ( the application process is never closed ) then they will be treated with due process and if appropriate club vote further down the line.....

The NCL Management have meanwhile to consider and advise upon , as normal, the re-selection process and issues of fixture failures in what has been a trying season.....

And so to the rest of Tier 3.

Think ' Hub ' activity. A Midlands League at ( almost ) NCL levels is a progressive and sustainable model And more easily fundable. It has been in the making for longer than most people realise. London / South will follow later.

Coventry need NCL opposition prior to CC1 ; Bristol need to rain check their massive gains over the last 3 months before moving forward.

And for the visionaries , Tier 3 outside the NCL could well prove to be an entirely different ball game to that in the heartlands ,with CC1 running reserves in the same competition as stand alone clubs........

Traditional structures / innovative approaches ? Great debates to be had..........

#176 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,264 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Tier 3 in the Midlands and South might have to have a different set of standards and rules to the more established NCL, and I don't see any contradiction in this provided the aim of the southern league is to achieve the levels of the northern one, off the pitch and on.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#177 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Mr Contradiction, two weeks ago you was doing a little bit of spread betting because you didn't know what the RFL was going to do next and now your saying this plan is in an advanced state :D Sounds more like we'll sit down with an idea to try and work a plan out.

You're confusing the plan existing with me knowing of its existence.

#178 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Tier 3 in the Midlands and South might have to have a different set of standards and rules to the more established NCL, and I don't see any contradiction in this provided the aim of the southern league is to achieve the levels of the northern one, off the pitch and on.

Yes.

Also the definition of Midlands won't match the official one. I expect to see clubs from the South West and East included with possibilities of outposts in north London, South Wales and South Yorkshire. If London and South is a long term plan as well then naturally the league will need to expand before it buds off the new league (which could look to build on the junior development in places like Surrey and Kent as well as London)

A CC1 Coventry Bears could enter reserves in the midlands division.

#179 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

The NCL remains the bedrock of Tier 3. That will not change , nor for the duration of the agreement with the RFL will it's governance.

Nottingham have declined for reasons explained elsewhere on these threads ; Barrow Island largely withdrew because of planning issues ( trees and field works ?) Both clubs respected the process and will be welcome again should the shoe fit.

The NCL will proceed with a third division of ten if necessary. I have heard talk of other applications. Should they materialize ( the application process is never closed ) then they will be treated with due process and if appropriate club vote further down the line.....

The NCL Management have meanwhile to consider and advise upon , as normal, the re-selection process and issues of fixture failures in what has been a trying season.....

And so to the rest of Tier 3.

Think ' Hub ' activity. A Midlands League at ( almost ) NCL levels is a progressive and sustainable model And more easily fundable. It has been in the making for longer than most people realise. London / South will follow later.

Coventry need NCL opposition prior to CC1 ; Bristol need to rain check their massive gains over the last 3 months before moving forward.

And for the visionaries , Tier 3 outside the NCL could well prove to be an entirely different ball game to that in the heartlands ,with CC1 running reserves in the same competition as stand alone clubs........

Traditional structures / innovative approaches ? Great debates to be had..........

Reading the League Express today and it seems that it's a done deal with Championship players (Up to 5 to be able to play at one time) playing in the NCL - Don't forget you heard it here first.

#180 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

You're confusing the plan existing with me knowing of its existence.

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users