Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone Rovers Yearbook 2012

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

After the success of the international best-sellers Featherstone Rovers Yearbook 2010 and Featherstone Rovers Yearbook 2011, work has now begun on this year's edition.

Another memorable year, Im sure you'd agree, with many ups and downs, highs and lows, ins and outs, laughs and tears, smiles and frowns, shouts and whispers, victories and defeats (not many of them, but still).

Having read previously volumes, Im sure you know the format, but it's basically the story of the year, from as many angles as possible. I'd like to hear from anyone who would like to share their thoughts and feelings about the year. Players, fans, volunteers, whoever.

Have a think about it , and drop me a PM. If your words focus on one particular moment, one awesome try, one crunching tackle, one witty comment, one cherished win, or one special feeling, then it's easier to find a place for it in the book.

Go for it.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#2 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

After the success of the international best-sellers Featherstone Rovers Yearbook 2010 and Featherstone Rovers Yearbook 2011, work has now begun on this year's edition.

Another memorable year, Im sure you'd agree, with many ups and downs, highs and lows, ins and outs, laughs and tears, smiles and frowns, shouts and whispers, victories and defeats (not many of them, but still).

Having read previously volumes, Im sure you know the format, but it's basically the story of the year, from as many angles as possible. I'd like to hear from anyone who would like to share their thoughts and feelings about the year. Players, fans, volunteers, whoever.

Have a think about it , and drop me a PM. If your words focus on one particular moment, one awesome try, one crunching tackle, one witty comment, one cherished win, or one special feeling, then it's easier to find a place for it in the book.

Go for it.
Sent a PM today Mark. Look forward to the book, Col.

#3 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Anyone who hasn't read the 2011 edition can still purchase a copy from the club shop/website. It's a fantastic read and a must for all Rovers fans. I can't wait for this seasons, let's hope it has a happy ending like last years.

#4 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

pm sent

#5 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far.

Which was your try of the season? So many to choose from.

#6 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

The 1 that wins us the GF with 30 seconds to go B)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

My try of the season is one that probably wasn't the best move but it had a huge significance in my opinion. We had just conceeded 60 the week before and we were then to play Castleford. The game started with Cas almost going the length of the field, then scoring shortly afterwards when young Daryll Clark cut through our defence to score (albeit, it looked a little short) at this point Robin and I looked at one another a little sheepishly, the doom brothers thinking that we were riding for a hiding. Sure enough Cas were on the attack again shortly after, with sphyncters twitching we watched Danny Orr put a huge bomb up into the air in our 20, only for the ball to catch the wind and fall into Briggsy's arms, he then fed Tangi who hared for their line, with Orr in pursuit he cut back inside and scored a try which in my opinion gave the lads and the crowd belief that we were in business in a match which, in some peoples minds, was the most important match for Featherstone Rovers in the post Super League era. The rest is History.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 09 September 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

My try of the season is one that probably wasn't the best move but it had a huge significance in my opinion. We had just conceeded 60 the week before and we were then to play Castleford. The game started with Cas almost going the length of the field, then scoring shortly afterwards when young Clarke cut through our defence to score (albeit, it looked a little short) at this point Robin and I looked st one another a little sheepishly, the doom brothers thinking that we were riding for a hiding. Sure enough Cas were on the attack again shortly after, with sphyncters twitching we watched Danny Orr put a huge bomb up into the air in our 20, only for the ball to catch the wind and fall into Briggsy's arms, he then fed Tangi who hared for their line, with Orr in pursuit he cut back inside and scored a try which in my opinion gave the lads and the crowd belief that we were in business in a match which, in some peoples minds, was the most important match for Featherstone Rovers in the post Super League era. The rest is History.

i'd better just get the dvd out and check that again, (any excuse)
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#9 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

The defensive efforts against Wigan and cas are my stand out moments of the season , they epitomised what it is to put on the featherstone jersey and drain every last effort out of your body, priceless for me
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#10 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

500 fans travelling to leigh to spend 3 hours stuck on the M62. Arrive at half time to watch us graft a last minute win out.

#11 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Plenty of contributions in so far. If folks use their real name I can give you credit in the book.

#12 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

One of the highlights for me this season has been the line busting runs of James Kitchen. He's moved up to the reserves and looks comfortable at that level already. He plays with a smile on his face and is a big hit (pardon the pun) with the fans who follows the reserves. He also has a wicked offload pass that seems to work every time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users