Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Gossip Thread

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Alex Bretherton. Now heres a player who im sure would come back! Still not signed up at Batley and would certainly fit in Glenns style of play!!

Bring Brevvi home!

I'd swap him for faal anyday, but word on the dogs forum is that he could be bound for fax. :(

#42 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hope he re-signs for us (Batley)...very solid and reliable.

Although at the same time didn't hit the same heights and make the same impact this year as he did in 2011.

Still a decent player to have at this level though.

#43 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hope he re-signs for us (Batley)...very solid and reliable.

Although at the same time didn't hit the same heights and make the same impact this year as he did in 2011.

Still a decent player to have at this level though.

He's not good enough - Harold said so.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#44 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Out of all the ex players still good enough to do a job for us,i would put Brev at the top of my wish lists,second would be Ian Preece,third Dom Maloney and forth is Andy Bossy.

#45 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

would be a good signing for us again?,heard hes looking for a new club for next season,quality player

hi andy how are you!!!!

#46 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

He didnt want to go in the first place he was pushed.

#47 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

He played well again last night in the forwards I hope we keep him But York have said they are interested

#48 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

York will be smarting at not signing spicer .

#49 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Out of all the ex players still good enough to do a job for us,i would put Brev at the top of my wish lists,second would be Ian Preece,third Dom Maloney and forth is Andy Bossy.

Liam Finn. Andy Robinson, surely better than preece and bostock

#50 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Liam Finn. Andy Robinson, surely better than preece and bostock

I was thinking of players where we might have a chance of getting back,Finn and Adam Robinson are contracted to their clubs for 2013.

Edited by andyram, 14 September 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#51 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Think you'll find there are one or two other options for us in the pipeline, however agree it's a shame as really rate Spicer but he did same last season and no doubt succeeded in getting his wages up using us as the lever.
Posted Image

#52 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

I hope we don't sign Bossy. I am sure there are better centres in the Wakefield under 20's than him. I hope we can get Bretherton back though as he didn't want to leave in the first place.

#53 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

:D :D :D

#54 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Think you'll find there are one or two other options for us in the pipeline, however agree it's a shame as really rate Spicer but he did same last season and no doubt succeeded in getting his wages up using us as the lever.

No, no, no. Dewsbury pay their players in penny whistles and bags of Seabrooks crisps. All other clubs are paying astronomical wages to players that they can't possibly afford.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#55 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

No, no, no. Dewsbury pay their players in penny whistles and bags of Seabrooks crisps. All other clubs are paying astronomical wages to players that they can't possibly afford.

This must include the puppies.Maybe its better for u my friend to keep quiet on this one.

#56 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

I think the comments went over EQUALIZER's head. Bless him.

#57 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

Bretherton and Preece are both quality and I hope we (batley) can keep them both for next season.

#58 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

I'd take Bretherton back, but we don't need Preece as we have Craven!

#59 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Ooooh, bitter Harold, very bitter.

:D
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#60 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Didnt you know every club is throwing money at players except Dewsbury, Dewsbury players play for the Rams for love. :rolleyes: B) :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users