The Gossip Thread

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#61 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Very versatile, would do a job anywhere for the team. I think only position he didnt play for us in his first spell was 9 such as his versatility. Like i said hed suit Glenns style of play in attack and strengthen our defence in the 2nd row or centres. Hed probably come back too if the money was decent,as whats already been said,he was pushed to leave! Everyoone at the club would love him back.

A top guy too is Brevvi,a local lad and hed add great experiece for the younger lads. I remember 2 of our former coaches who always said Alex should of played in SL. Hes the type of Jon Wilkin of the Championship...

Be great if Glenn signed him up.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 15 September 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#62 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Didnt you know every club is throwing money at players except Dewsbury, Dewsbury players play for the Rams for love. :rolleyes: B) :lol:

Some do - but others play for us because we are a soft touch - step up flannagan and faallen. :o

#63 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

would andy bostock be a good signing for us again?,heard hes looking for a new club for next season,quality player

Big, Injury prone and a Featherstone reject will put him on Halifax's wishlist although would be a good signing for Batley running down the slope.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#64 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Signing Bossy would be a big step backwards IMO. There's better centre's and second rowers out there than him!

#65 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Keep him. He didnt give a s**t about us a few years ago, why should he be any different now? We can do better and I dont want to see him back in a Rams shirt. We probably cant afford his pie bill anyway.

:lol: priceless!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#66 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Staying at Fev

#67 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Happy wi that Phil. not got the pace he had but he's bloody strong and he'll play anywhere. do a job at prop would bossy!

#68 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Happy wi that Phil. not got the pace he had but he's bloody strong and he'll play anywhere. do a job at prop would bossy!

Poor tackler and a dodgy shoulder would keep him out of the pack I reckon.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#69 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Poor tackler????
Well I've seen almost every game he's played in a Fev shirt. poor tackler is not a criticism i would level at him. he has his weaknesses like every other player. poor tackling has not been one of them whilst he's played at Fev johnny me owd cocker!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 15 September 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#70 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Robin, just ignore them, Bostock was a very good player for us, strong runner, good tackler, had a few injuries but I bet Glenn Morrison would have had him back at the Rams given half the chance. Watched him on TV on Thursday and he looked just as good as when he played for us.

#71 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Bloody strong forrad still. i like the bloke. Comes across as a right nice lad too.

#72 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I've always said that - prop in the mould of graham (ex StH) - only much prettier of course. :lol:

#73 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

He'll play anywhere grumpy. that's one of his strengths. very strong in the opponents 20.
The look of fear in his face if he gets the ball in a gap with 80m to go to the line is there for all to see!! His days as a back are over. but in the pack he's there on merit and repeatedly proves his worth as a forrad.

#74 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Can't understand the negative comments from the dewsbury supporters. Gave good service to us for a number of seasons and scored a lot of tries. Would love him back at Dewsbury.
Posted Image

#75 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

Can't understand the negative comments from the dewsbury supporters. Gave good service to us for a number of seasons and scored a lot of tries. Would love him back at Dewsbury.

I agree rambo, I rated him when he was with us (although I don't think he ever realised his potential, because he was used as a back instead of an impact forward) and like robin says, he hasn't the pace to be a back anymore ... can still do an awful lot of damage as a forward though. He was/is injury prone, and i have to agree with BSJ on that score, but bringing on from the bench might help. I'd not be disappointed if fev changed their minds and let us have him.

#76 MICKY1920

MICKY1920
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

If our FB site is correct you have managed to get our Jy-Mel Coleman despite the fact he
had apparently signed for Cougars.

A top fella,

Good reader of the game, defence ok, passing very good, speed average at best.

As for his kicking in open play and opening up gaps, Top class in my opinion.

He will be missed at Cougar Park.

Visit my Rugby Video highlights page

http://www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920

#77 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Makes you wonder where the rams get their money from doesn't. hope it doesn't all end in tears etc etc etc :lol: :lol:

#78 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Makes you wonder where the rams get their money from doesn't. hope it doesn't all end in tears etc etc etc :lol: :lol:

Read our chairman's statement from the forum and he explains exactly where our money comes from. In case it help you, it doesn't come from any sugar daddy.

Now then tell me again just where Fev's money comes from, and how much more will come when you don't get a SL licence?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#79 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

You don't do irony too well do you johnny? :lol:
its a mischievous response to the adverse comment York got on here for doing just what dews are now doing!!!!

For info:- our chairman has put no money into the club in 2011 or 2012. The club is moving forward and as a result our marketing gadgy, Paul Taylor and Craig posket our CEO have nailed some bloody impressive sponsorship deals since 2010 which has given the club impetus and growth. from 2006 we've come a bloody long way. there's no predicting what will happen of a sl app is unsuccessful. personally i think we'll see a return to p&r.

Edited by Robin Evans, 16 September 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#80 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

our contract budget is virtually the same as last year and our highest terms player has taken a cut to stay at the club , lets put it this way robin , steve crossley alone is costing fev nearly three time what our hignest contract so far is ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users