Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Gossip Thread

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#81 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

aye I know!
But I wasn't the one having a dig at York's recruitment and pontificating where they get their wonga from!!!!!

I hope Dews continue to recruit well and return to be a force and make the championship a much stronger place - just as I aford York the same accord.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#82 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Looks like Andy Ellis has signed for Fev, top class player.
Cougars have signed Paul white Shaun hesketh James Haley from fax.'
Aizue from could be on his way to batley.
We are signing tom lillywhite a prop from Wakefield on a dr.

Edited by Ramite, 16 September 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#83 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Like the look of Coleman. If he signs along the young prop from Wakey,along with the following Austin, Wainwright, Scott, Nicholson, Chandler, Tonksy,Spavin and Esders then id say we only need another experieced prop, a couple more centres and maybe a winger, a second row, a loose and another good halfback and experienced hooker, then our squad will look decent.

I realy hope we dont retain Samuels, Schofiled, Barlow and Akaidere as they aint good enough at this level.

#84 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

For what its worth, Heres some potential targets who may do a good job for us whos available or likely to be available and some i reckon Glenn will be looking at.

Scott Murrel for hooker or halfback whos been released by Hull KR. Youngstandoff with SL experiece but wont get much game time next season Danny Nicklas on dual from Hull fc, Cain Southernwood, Alex Bretherton, Local lads loose forward Chris Annakin and centre or 2ndrow Lucas Walshaw from Wakey(both currently on loan to Workington and Doncaster) Wakey prop Matt James(former Barrow prop) and Adam Slater, 2nd rower from Wakeys under20s,son of Richard.

#85 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

I've read somewhere that Jy-mel Coleman has signed for the Rams!

#86 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

If our FB site is correct you have managed to get our Jy-Mel Coleman despite the fact he
had apparently signed for Cougars.

A top fella,

Good reader of the game, defence ok, passing very good, speed average at best.

As for his kicking in open play and opening up gaps, Top class in my opinion.

He will be missed at Cougar Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L4byorhwss

If keighley are signing quality players like white, why on earth would coleman want to leave ? Don't think GM would know much about him either, as he hasn't been at either of his clubs. Sounds to me like his agent has been on twotter or farcebook to lever a bit more contract money out of the cougars. :rolleyes:

#87 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Glenns seen a fair bit of Championship games and maybe hes heard good reports about him from his mates who play in the Championship Sam Obst, Demetriou, Korkidas, who was all at Wakefield with Morrison?

#88 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

. I'd not be disappointed if fev changed their minds and let us have him.

neither would i
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#89 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

neither would i

win win situation then. :lol:

#90 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Like the look of Coleman. If he signs along the young prop from Wakey,along with the following Austin, Wainwright, Scott, Nicholson, Chandler, Tonksy,Spavin and Esders then id say we only need another experieced prop, a couple more centres and maybe a winger, a second row, a loose and another good halfback and experienced hooker, then our squad will look decent.

I realy hope we dont retain Samuels, Schofiled, Barlow and Akaidere as they aint good enough at this level.

Wainwright isn't worth retaining and Esders was a liability towards the back end. I reckon we'll see wholesale changes resulting from GM working his contacts. Also, the word was that we were entering into a nursery agreement with Bradford, so now they have SL guaranteed for next year we may see some movement from there - when they eventually determine what their squad is, that is.

I reckon we may need to revert to squad numbers so that we can recognise which player is which.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#91 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

True about Wainwright and Esders but surely Esders could be a useful player if he sorts himself out?

Didnt Glenn say we wouldnt be a feeder club?

#92 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

True about Wainwright and Esders but surely Esders could be a useful player if he sorts himself out?

Didnt Glenn say we wouldnt be a feeder club?

I thought he was talking about Fev! (Irony alert!!)

GM doesn't actually run the club, just coaches the team, so any decisions about nursery/feeder status won't be in his control. As I said I had only "heard" that we were entering an arrangement with the Bulls - it may be wrong.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#93 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Staying at Fev

Good... but the only time we manage to get an overlap on any team, Bostocks on the wing and 80m to go :/

Cummins Out.

#94 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Jason Golden signs for the Knights from London. :lol:

#95 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Rumour former GB and Bradford and Crusaders winger n fullback Stuart Reardon as joined the Rams after a year in France?

If so could do a good job for us in the centres?

#96 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

If keighley are signing quality players like white, why on earth would coleman want to leave ? Don't think GM would know much about him either, as he hasn't been at either of his clubs. Sounds to me like his agent has been on twotter or farcebook to lever a bit more contract money out of the cougars. :rolleyes:

knows where the try line is against batley...so thats a positive
could do with getting a little fitter (carrying a bit of timber in some of the tries)
overall cannot by any stretch of the imagination could be any worse than our now departed halfback

happy bunny :) :) :)

#97 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Rumour former GB and Bradford and Crusaders winger n fullback Stuart Reardon as joined the Rams after a year in France?

If so could do a good job for us in the centres?

Hope this deal happens,the lad would bring some experience to the team.He's only 31 next month,been playing at a good level in France,so he will be match fit.

#98 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hel know Glenn too from his Bulls days. Lets wait and see. He as said hes looking for a Championship club this season.

#99 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Simon Brown and Jonny Pressley in at York.

#100 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

according to the press were in talks with tommy gallagher (leigh) n mikali aizue (halifax),hope they sign,2 quality players