Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Gossip Thread

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#101 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

according to the press were in talks with tommy gallagher (leigh) n mikali aizue (halifax),hope they sign,2 quality players

Not so sure. TG wasn't good enough for Batley and hasn't broken any pots at Leigh. MA is an impact player at best (a second class Shaun Williams even) which means the other forwards have to do a lot more work on his behalf.

We need a 60 minute prop/pack leader before anything else. What's Fielden up to next season? :rolleyes:
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#102 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Hel know Glenn too from his Bulls days. Lets wait and see. He as said hes looking for a Championship club this season.

They never played together at Bradford. Personally, I'd guard against any Championship club signing him on. I think he has his mind on other matters these days, having read the articles on him in this weeks RL press.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#103 Bostic Boots

Bostic Boots
  • Players
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I have recently been informed by an ex ostrich, that a certain Ryan Esders has signed for another Championship club. And could Nicholson be moving on?

#104 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

I have recently been informed by an ex ostrich, that a certain Ryan Esders has signed for another Championship club. And could Nicholson be moving on?

Not really bothered gruck - neither of them were brilliant last year.

#105 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

I've been impressed by Esders whenever I've seen him play - direct running and tough tackling. However, he's got an unfortunate tendency for indiscipline.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#106 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Id like both to stay but it is worth noting that in 2 seasons Nicholsons best game by far was against Batley. If he plays like that everyweek and re signs for us it will be great.

As for Esders strong centre, again would like him to stay but if they dont,they dont and we move on. Players come and go,thats life and sport and imsure that wel replace them well.

#107 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Theys a vicious rumour about that you was created by accident when your mother slept with her brother,is this true?? And Ash Lindsay as signing for Dewsbury?

#108 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Looks like esders has gone up to the Mount. Not a bad player but not as good as faal. Wonder if batley will play him in second row I think they have quite a few centres.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#109 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Not really bothered gruck - neither of them were brilliant last year.

Esders not in same league as Aden Faal and had a very up and down season. However I predict he will be devasting when we play the Doggies. Would very much like to keep matty Nicholson. Thought he had potential and I would have liked to see what he could do under a different coach.

#110 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 952 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

Esders not in same league as Aden Faal and had a very up and down season. However I predict he will be devasting when we play the Doggies. Would very much like to keep matty Nicholson. Thought he had potential and I would have liked to see what he could do under a different coach.

I agree Esders dropped too much ball for my liking and just hope GM goes out to keep Nicholson

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#111 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Looks like we have signed Tommy Gallagher from Leigh
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#112 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

stanley gene? whats he up to these days,wonder if he would be worth a shout,they say he lives with our new PNG signing,could he still do ok at our level or is he past it?,no-one seems to know how old he is?

#113 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Last i heard hes got his free bus pass lol

#114 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

stanley gene? whats he up to these days,wonder if he would be worth a shout,they say he lives with our new PNG signing,could he still do ok at our level or is he past it?,no-one seems to know how old he is?

I read on wikipedia that stanley is 38 years old
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#115 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 952 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

I read on wikipedia that stanley is 38 years old

Numbers are the wrong way round!

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#116 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Heard a rumour that Scott Spaven has signed on again good signing imo looked a lot better after wj left has anybody else heard of anymore signing on

#117 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'm sure Tom will be able to confirm any more signings , if we have any this week,still think they will be quite a few more to come.

#118 scally

scally
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

If there are any more signings to announce this week they must be really top secret because we didn't even get a mention in this weeks League Express.We announced 3 top quality signings last week yet not even a mention.

#119 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

There will definitely be a pretty significant announcement later this week.

If you don't already, then I'd advise you to follow Glenn on Twitter, as he's been keeping fans up to date with progress on signings (and is clearly more in the know than me!).

You don't have to 'have' Twitter to read Glenn's tweets. Just click on the link above and you should be able to get everything.

We're working on getting a picture of him in his Rams gear to replace the Wakey one on his profile pic!

#120 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Looking forward to this significant announcement later this week,wonder what it is.The quicker we get Glenn in the red,amber and black gear for his profile picture the better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users