Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Gossip Thread

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#121 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

I was discusted to buy the league express monday to get no mension....

Was this just by mistake though? What always frustrates my dad is the lack of media coverage we get. Radio Leeds will announce Hunslet and Rhinos news but never any big Dewsbury signings.... Like Aizue...

I also follow Glenn which is useful and have to say i also think Tom deserves a huge pat on the back for keeping us all informed, hes doing a great job

#122 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

The problem is we won't get the media coverage from Radio Leeds when we live in a area with lots of Super League teams around here.They did have some news about a resigning for Hunslet last week,it must had been a quiet news day for them,so they had to put something on the news that day.The rugby papers are better for our so called smaller clubs,but you are right about Tom,we are getting news about the club on a day to day basis,when its busy.When before you was lucky if the club's website was changed once a month.

#123 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

There will definitely be a pretty significant announcement later this week.

If you don't already, then I'd advise you to follow Glenn on Twitter, as he's been keeping fans up to date with progress on signings (and is clearly more in the know than me!).

You don't have to 'have' Twitter to read Glenn's tweets. Just click on the link above and you should be able to get everything.

We're working on getting a picture of him in his Rams gear to replace the Wakey one on his profile pic!

It says on one of Glen's tweets,a new signing tomorrow,and more during the week :D

#124 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

From the man himself.

#125 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Gareth Walker does an excellent job of covering the Rams and the rest of the clubs in Championships on a weekly basis, and I was surprised to see us missing from Monday's League Express.

I'll speak with Martyn and Gareth this week and get to the bottom of it. :)

#126 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Tom
Your fixation with bottoms is disturbing.
I think the clubs policy of drip-feeding info is exactly what we need. We have seen so many speculative bids knocked back so it's refreshing to know that signings are in the bag. Congrats to Tom and the Rams in my opinion
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#127 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Well we now know we won't be signing Ash Lindsay,strange he turned down Batley first offer,wonder if we had contract talks with him,or maybe he was asking for too much,and decided to take the first offer from Batley .

#128 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Well we now know we won't be signing Ash Lindsay,strange he turned down Batley first offer,wonder if we had contract talks with him,or maybe he was asking for too much,and decided to take the first offer from Batley .

Apparently, there weren't any talks with Dewsbury, just an offer which he refused. He also didn't turn any Batley offer down. Just wanted to contemplate a possible retirement before saying yay or nay.
SIGNATURE

#129 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Tom
Your fixation with bottoms is disturbing.
I think the clubs policy of drip-feeding info is exactly what we need. We have seen so many speculative bids knocked back so it's refreshing to know that signings are in the bag. Congrats to Tom and the Rams in my opinion

I agree, as I said elsewhere on the forum GM goes about his work in a very professional way, only making announcements once he is sure everything is finalised, and not feeding speculation.

If he runs the playing side as well as he is running the out of season business we will do well under his regime.

#130 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Apparently, there weren't any talks with Dewsbury, just an offer which he refused. He also didn't turn any Batley offer down. Just wanted to contemplate a possible retirement before saying yay or nay.

Can't really blame him for thinking about all his options,thanks for the information.

#131 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

The news is being handled very well, congratulations to all concerned.

Tom, could you update the 2013 squad thread please?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#132 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Welcome back, BSJ!

The thread is up to date, although there may be a new addition this tea-time. ;)

#133 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Welcome back, BSJ!

The thread is up to date, although there may be a new addition this tea-time. ;)

OK thanks Tom. You're doing a great job, as always.

On the forum this thread still shows last update Sept 10th and no new postings so I haven't checked it out till now.

I'm not back BTW - still surviving in outside temperatures of 27C - it's tough I can tell you!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#134 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

OK thanks Tom. You're doing a great job, as always.

On the forum this thread still shows last update Sept 10th and no new postings so I haven't checked it out till now.

I'm not back BTW - still surviving in outside temperatures of 27C - it's tough I can tell you!

I'm just editing the same post, which is why it isn't showing up as a recent date.

#135 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm just editing the same post, which is why it isn't showing up as a recent date.

So the solution is..........................

B)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#136 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Gareth Walker does an excellent job of covering the Rams and the rest of the clubs in Championships on a weekly basis, and I was surprised to see us missing from Monday's League Express.

I'll speak with Martyn and Gareth this week and get to the bottom of it. :)

Stick gavin@loverugbyleague.com on your mailing list too please.

I'll make sure you get coverage on our website too.

Newspapers are so last century... ;)
Posted Image

#137 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Cheers Gav, will do.

#138 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Two big fast second rowers now please Glenn.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 05 October 2012 - 03:56 PM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#139 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Two big fast second rowers now please Glenn.

Lucas Walshaw...

#140 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Lucas Walshaw...

According to the press, GM has almost completed his squad. So far it's a mixture of old faces, promising but untried kids and a couple of journeymen. I'd still like to see one or two "wow" signings - hope GM is saving the best until last. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users