• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

you can lead a horse to water but...

Or to continue the equine theme, a bad jockey wont follow your instructions & a good one wont need them.

I guess we aint gonna agree but intetesting to hear an opposing view of things, cheers.

#62 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,122 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Or to continue the equine theme, a bad jockey wont follow your instructions & a good one wont need them.

I guess we aint gonna agree but intetesting to hear an opposing view of things, cheers.

I think that's a good analogy
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#63 Chappies Dummy

Chappies Dummy
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

only if I disagree with the criticism: and 'shooting down' is a bit strong.

I think Rovers will never have a better chance: every day they are becoming more and more unignorable.
Getting into SL isn't even ther biggest battle. It's what happens when you get there. There's no point being a spear carrier. Clubs have to be competitive and have to grow. What was the point in Leigh being in SL foir instanece, especially when the club they replaced was superior? It has taken wakefield Wildcats from 1998 to now to get their act even remotely together. London Broncos have gone from a well supported competitive club to a shadow of their former selves over the past few years. Others have grown. If Rovers get into SL the club has to grow in support and financially and as a business. I put my head in my hands when I read on here about spreading our support base as far as a town or village a few miles away, when we should be gaining interest from all over the country, and when we should be attracting people from a wider cross section of society.

i agree this is our best chance, and if we get there i believe with our current bod we would be competitive. We are already better run than some sl clubs but im not confident that the rfl will give us a chance at sl

#64 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

they probably don't,.
edit: is your convesation with people on holiday the equivalent of "I've got a mate at work who's a soccer fan and he can't believe what happens in Rugby League." Were the people you were speaking to familiar with the historical issues that beset rugby league?

Well I don't believe they were which kind of reinforced my point that even the cup holders (arguably a bigger name than Fev) failed to generate any interest and that some hadn't heard of any other clubs other than Wigan, Saints and Leeds! So it's hardly likely they would have any idea of the marginalised history of our game.But as you point out, there are many sports fans at work who do not comment positively about RL, in particular the issues of P&R. But that has little to do with this thread.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#65 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,122 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Well I don't believe they were which kind of reinforced my point that even the cup holders (arguably a bigger name than Fev) failed to generate any interest and that some hadn't heard of any other clubs other than Wigan, Saints and Leeds! So it's hardly likely they would have any idea of the marginalised history of our game.But as you point out, there are many sports fans at work who do not comment positively about RL, in particular the issues of P&R. But that has little to do with this thread.

and it would be easier and more justified to comment unfavourably about for instance soccer.
Keeping it local

#66 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

don't get that comment chris?

#67 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,122 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

don't get that comment chris?

well

we get this "I've got a mate at work who's a soccer fan who can't believe what goes on in Rugbyu League' ####

I'd rather have what goes on in Rugby League, which is whether you agree with wehat happens or not is an attempt to address issues, than what goes on in soccer, union, boxing etc etc anyday. Yet people continue to play this riff-lessons hoiung well by the way.
Keeping it local

#68 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

Fair comment. so would i. sometimes there are valid comparisons to be made with other sports but by and large id agree.

The boy is selling his LP. My new vehicle comes thru work next week so I'm thinking of giving the Nissan Note to the boy in exchange for the LP! If I can sell it to the planning commitee!!!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 13 September 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#69 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,122 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Fair comment. so would i. sometimes there are valid comparisons to be made with other sports but by and large id agree.

The boy is selling his LP. My new vehicle comes thru work next week so I'm thinking of giving the Nissan Note to the boy in exchange for the LP! If I can sell it to the planning commitee!!!!

sounds reasonable to me, but then it would
Keeping it local

#70 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

The boy is selling his LP.

I sold a few LPs. They're quite collectible even in this day of CDs and iTunes downloads but the covers need to be in good condition and no scratches if you're going to get a decent price.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#71 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

I sold a few LPs. They're quite collectible even in this day of CDs and iTunes downloads but the covers need to be in good condition and no scratches if you're going to get a decent price.

did you sell em to les paul
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#72 andyc

andyc
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Have any of you lot got jobs (laugh out loud). Can't wait for the match up the rovers
WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).
ROVERS ROVERS

#73 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Have any of you lot got jobs (laugh out loud). Can't wait for the match up the rovers

i'm retired but the others have no excuse. (and yes, that's retired, not retard)
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#74 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Ah the privelage of rank! I talk sheeeite on here - others work!!! :lol:

#75 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Ah the privelage of rank! I talk sheeeite on here - others work!!! :lol:

a lot of what you say is rank Robin :D
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#76 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

its my day off B)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#77 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

a lot of what you say is rank Robin :D

:lol: 2@ :lol:

#78 andyc

andyc
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Retired oldrover? Early on in the forum you were described as a child fev fans retire early."!!
WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).
ROVERS ROVERS

#79 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Retired oldrover? Early on in the forum you were described as a child fev fans retire early."!!

physically retired, mentally a child, but god forbid i become morose
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#80 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

What does morose mean ? Is it a reference to supporting our neighbors that play in mucky yellow ? CAN'T find smileys on new phone
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users