RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 39,806 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

What does morose mean ? Is it a reference to supporting our neighbors that play in mucky yellow ? CAN'T find smileys on new phone

it's a code isn't it? dots and dashes and that

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 14 September 2012 - 10:17 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

#82 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

Probiz linked with Salford according to an article in the Manchester Evening News.

http://menmedia.co.u...ews - RSS Feed)

#83 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

I thought probizz was generating all funds towards fev or am I being naive

#84 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

At least half of the 'elite' comp is experiencing serious difficulties Chris. Anecdotally, I'm hearing from players and ex employees that Huddersfield aren't in great shape either.
We can no longer guarantee our best players stay in league - they go to union!
We are as far behind the aussies as ever - but we agree, there are a zillion other reasons for this.
We have had more clubs up sh it creek in such a short space of time than I can remember.
The RFL's own scrutiny has been left wanting.
There perseverence with Crusaders, despite evidence to the contrary, and the RFL's involvement in the visa fiasco, moving sticks to wrexham etc, left the RFL looking - I'll use embarrassed ....I could use a plethora of other descriptors.
The inability to adress the gap twixt SL and the game below SL.
The absence of any 'where to we go from here plan'... It's the "we have licencing now and we're stickjing with it cos it's the best thing ever and by the time we properly evaluate it and the games gone down the U bend, it'll be too late, but ne'er mind eh" that still agrieves me.
There have always been clubs going ar se upards - including our own. But since licencing was introduced there does appear to have been many more high profile 'difficulties' than I can ever remember.

You think the game is not on it's botty?? I think it is!! C'est la vie. There goes a difference of opinion.

Your definition of not being on it's ar se and mine are evidently different.

Just a quick point. I'm diversing a bit Robin. Just back from ho.liday and saw a headline when I was passing a newsagents at a stop off point. It was to do with the RU making a complete cock up of new broadcasting rights. I hadn't much time so didn't get it all in depth. But it suggested all is not right in the RU camp.

#85 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

#86 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Could I remind everyone that capitals are important. Contrast the following:
I helped Uncle Jack off his horse.
I helped uncle jack off his horse.
So remember it is Featherstone Rovers.

#87 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Yes I thought that was the idea,could be mistaken though.

Anyone ?

#88 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Could I remind everyone that capitals are important. Contrast the following:
I helped Uncle Jack off his horse.
I helped uncle jack off his horse.
So remember it is Featherstone Rovers.

Ok Sir LOL

#89 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hope uNCLE jACK is ok, was it a big horse?
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#90 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

Yes you would think that a probiz is a probiz. Must see to this cold.

#91 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hope uNCLE jACK is ok, was it a big horse?

Not it's keen on rugby. Its a pack horse.

#92 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

Just to clarify, Workington were not a strategic inclusion in Sl, they actually won promotion the year before SL1 and finished 9th in the Stones Bitter "Big League". The cut off point for SL1 being the top 10 plus London and PSG to make up SL1. Just saying.....

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#93 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Oldham weren't either.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#94 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Can anyone assist my ailing memory. Were Oldham & Workington relegated from Super League, or did they go bust? Same question with PSG? The reason I ask this is that I'm sure that I read somewhere at the time that, because Rovers finished 11th, they would be the first in line to go up if any SL club folded.
Was this true?

#95 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Can anyone assist my ailing memory. Were Oldham & Workington relegated from Super League, or did they go bust? Same question with PSG? The reason I ask this is that I'm sure that I read somewhere at the time that, because Rovers finished 11th, they would be the first in line to go up if any SL club folded.
Was this true?

Oldham and Workington went bust after being relegated - they were no parachute payments then and it was before players' contracts became null and void on relgation. Paris just went bust.

The often quoted 'Rovers are next in line should anyone drop out' was clearly just spin to appease the Rovers faithful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users