TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Leigh.Thurs 13thSept.7.30pm

Match Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Extra Time

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (44 votes [88.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.00%

2. Leigh To Win (5 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Featherstone After E.Time (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Leigh After E.Time (1 votes [2.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Vince

Vince
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Henderson is a disgrace, cheap shot. Then mouth off when Crashley and Stokes are separating him from a good kicking.

Noble saying ‘he only went for the ball‘ has persuaded me that Premier Sports isnt worth renewing.

Theres a reason Kevin is the forgotten brother.

Think you're wrong about Premier Sport coverage Matt. The team may be controversial in what they say at times but for me its streets ahead of listening to that set of idiots on Sky. Throughout the commentary I heard them say some very complimentary things about Featherstone, and at half time were saying much the same as DP about what we needed to do.

Edited by Vince, 14 September 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#42 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

The most blatantly bent display from a ref I have ever witnessed ruined what would have been a classic 2nd half.

#43 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

I bet you didn't say the ref was bent in the first 20 minutes. Our forwards ran you ragged in the second half, thats why you lost.

#44 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

First 20 was fairly even when he policed things fairly, after that he made things up as he went along eg not playing ball correctly, the other 100 he let go.
I was expecting a pasting due to our missing forwards and small squad, I got a great gutsy display that should have gone to the wire but for a bent ref.

#45 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

First 20 minutes the penalty count was 4 v 0 to Leigh

#46 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

so you agreed with the penalties he gave you...but disagree with the ones he gave against you....Mmmm
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#47 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

They were lucky that they didn't have a second sending off for the blatant stamp on Finny as well

#48 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

so you agreed with the penalties he gave you...but disagree with the ones he gave against you....Mmmm

I would have been happy with an even count at the end, look at how he refs it on the tape. The little things that matter, ptb interference, 10m, what he calls to the defence, and where he positions himself. He was bent and working to orders.

#49 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

They were lucky that they didn't have a second sending off for the blatant stamp on Finny as well

Missed that one, what minute was it and I'll have a look. Think you may be a couple light with the on reports.

#50 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

What, missed one, even with the playback facilty!

But in your eyes you expect the ref to get everything right with a snap decision at full speed.

Because he, in your opinion, favoured the opposition he is bent and working to orders.

Get real for goodness sake. Most Fev fans think he favoured Leigh in the first half. He got some right, some wrong, we all agree he was ###### so get over it.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#51 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Nice, filter pulls the word cr ap!! :o

#52 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

I would have been happy with an even count at the end, look at how he refs it on the tape. The little things that matter, ptb interference, 10m, what he calls to the defence, and where he positions himself. He was bent and working to orders.

Jesus h arkwright. Craig. come and see me. we can work on that paranoid dillusion of yours. I'll charge only "mates rates", it won't cost you a fortune!!!! :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#53 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

For most of the season some Fev fans, including me at times have believed that there was an agenda against us as we have been on the wrong end of refereeing displays on many occassions. In reality it's just that the referees are not up to the job. I haven't seen the game on disc yet but if we have got the rub of the green then it's probably one of the only times we have this season so i'll take it.
I agree we might be one or two light if the disciplinary panel go to town on the incidents but if Leigh get to the final they will not have 2 of the players available who started on Thursday.

#54 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

It was only recently that Fev had a try disallowed when 2 Batley defenders obstructed each other...work that one out. Refs get things wrong. I will agree that maybe Leigh might have had the McNally try allowed had there been no screen; Us fans cannot change anything.Its gone now and the Leigh players need to forget what happened and get their team to the final cos I'm sure it will make a great final with a great atmosphere;

#55 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Incorrect play of the ball pulled ONCE in both Sl play off matches tonight so Leigh are now part of an elite club ;)

#56 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Just watching a rerun of the game and have this question, we have had a player put on report for tripping, one for kicking out and one i haven't reached yet. If those players are found guilty what will happen to the Leigh player who lead with the elbow to the face? as dangerous if not more so than tripping. A penalty was given so is that it or could the RFL consider further action?
If not then it seems unfair that we have players on report and they don't. The signal against Briggs was for tripping so the ref surely must have seen it so why put it on report?

#57 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

Just watching a rerun of the game and have this question, we have had a player put on report for tripping, one for kicking out and one i haven't reached yet. If those players are found guilty what will happen to the Leigh player who lead with the elbow to the face? as dangerous if not more so than tripping. A penalty was given so is that it or could the RFL consider further action?
If not then it seems unfair that we have players on report and they don't. The signal against Briggs was for tripping so the ref surely must have seen it so why put it on report?

What about England running in and throwing punches? The ref was a disgrace to be quite blunt. I think Fev need to decide whether they want to play rugby league or wrestle. IN my opinion they hold down more than any other team in the Championship and got away with it through weak refereeing..

Edited by Maureen T-k, 15 September 2012 - 10:13 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#58 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

What about England running in and throwing punches? The ref was a disgrace to be quite blunt. I think Fev need to decide whether they want to play rugby league or wrestle. IN my opinion they hold down more than any other team in the Championship and got away with it through weak refereeing..

Thought it was Karl Harrison posting there for a minute!!
The referee was a pure disgrace by the way for both sides
Im Fev and im proud

#59 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

I think the British game wants to get up to speed with the rest of the world or stay behind by 10 years like they currently are.

Cummins Out.

#60 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Not disagreeing with what you are saying just asking the question using an example. We could have players suspended through incidents put on report where the referee clearly saw what happened yet he didn't put other stuff on report that he saw which was just as bad if not worse.
Fev often hold a player up,turn him then complete the tackle. We score lots of points, have a good defence and more often than not come out on the wrong end of the penlty count (see earlier threads about how harshly we are treated by referees).Funny that when we do lose matches the wrestling debate isn't flagged up as an issue. 3 League leaders titles, one Grand Final and a runners up, i'll take that and if your coach wants to use the same tactics then go for it, if not don't complain just find a way to combat it.