League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Leigh.Thurs 13thSept.7.30pm

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Extra Time

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (44 votes [88.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.00%

2. Leigh To Win (5 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Featherstone After E.Time (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Leigh After E.Time (1 votes [2.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

Jesus h arkwright. Craig. come and see me. we can work on that paranoid dillusion of yours. I'll charge only "mates rates", it won't cost you a fortune!!!! :lol: :lol:

Don't trust that BP gold badge of yours :D

#62 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Not disagreeing with what you are saying just asking the question using an example. We could have players suspended through incidents put on report where the referee clearly saw what happened yet he didn't put other stuff on report that he saw which was just as bad if not worse.
Fev often hold a player up,turn him then complete the tackle. We score lots of points, have a good defence and more often than not come out on the wrong end of the penlty count (see earlier threads about how harshly we are treated by referees).Funny that when we do lose matches the wrestling debate isn't flagged up as an issue. 3 League leaders titles, one Grand Final and a runners up, i'll take that and if your coach wants to use the same tactics then go for it, if not don't complain just find a way to combat it.

You should always come out on the wrong side of a penalty count because thats how Powell coaches you, he will allow penalties but not QPTB's. Thats why Harrison and others are so p'd off with how you are allowed to do this when the directive to clubs is so different. I hope we get Gnason should we meet again, he will slaughter you and not be afraid of using the bin, whilst most refs hit you then give up. Great tactics if you get away with them as Wigan did in 2011 btw, but you should be penalised every time.

#63 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Great tactics if you get away with them as Wigan did in 2011 btw, but you should be penalised every time.

Which just makes us better at playing the margins than Leigh Craig. Quality coaching if you ask me!
I'll bet you wish Leigh were in the same position and able to utilise the same margins. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#64 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Which just makes us better at playing the margins than Leigh Craig. Quality coaching if you ask me!
I'll bet you wish Leigh were in the same position and able to utilise the same margins. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I am honest Robin I feel if thats how all coaches coached their teams it would be awful to watch, my fear is that if you are allowed to get away with it again and again thats what coaches will drill pre season. The result will be awful, did you watch the Wakey v Widnes game the other week!!!!

#65 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

No. I don't watch SL - unless it's free or I can rip it off for nowt, and then I'm not an avid follower of that comp.

We're always going to cencede penalties because we're coached right to the edge of what is/isn't acceptable in the tackle. Rightly so. But in the knowledge that we will be able to defend our line if that is the case. It's part of the game. It always will be. The better coaches will be able to adjust ammend their coaching to suit the changes in the law or approaches from the referees. It's what our lot do so well.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#66 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

I really do get fed up with people who moan about our tackling technique. The fact is that per game Fev carry out more dominant tackles than anyone else, stopping the opposition dead in their tracks, driving them backwards into the ground. Referees are not going to penalise for that. The knock-on from that is that referees are slower to penalise Fev when we do transgress. Other teams moan about it because they get penalised for taking players straight to ground and then laying all over them thinking they are doing what Fev do but being well short of the mark.Fev have a better tackling technique than two thirds of Superleague clubs. So to all you moaners, shut -up and stoip sucking those sour grapes!

#67 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Whats penalised in British is encouraged in Australia.

If you cant get a quick PTB, run harder, win the contact and get a better PTB.

Cummins Out.

#68 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Spot on Pualie.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users