Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington it is.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

The moment people truly believe the future viability of Swinton Lions is totally dependent on John Kidd's personal financial backing then its right we all take a step back and question, "What's the point?".

the "point" is no matter how much we all agree or disagree with each other we all want the best for the swinton lions, and i know i bang on about it but until we get a ground in m27 (agecroft in the wrong place too far from the center of town imo) the club will struggle to progress/stand still. And as for the tie up with warrington imo just another nail in the coffin for the lower leagues and any hope of promotion to sl.

#62 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Indeed what is the point....zzzzzzzzzzzz

#63 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

One thing I have been wondering, who pays the players wages if on dual role with a club?

#64 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

There's the Richard Marshall connection too

Two questions:

Did the Saints partner with anyone?
Who is Richard Marshall?

And thinking back, at the 5 Cups night, other than Lions, was Adrian Morley the only other player of note present? Coincidence?
Posted Image

#65 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Two questions:

Who is Richard Marshall?

And thinking back, at the 5 Cups night, other than Lions, was Adrian Morley the only other player of note present? Coincidence?

Richard Marshall played for us in 2006 and was a prop/ back rower in super league with Huddersfield Halifax and London.
Hes now assistant coach and u20s coach at Warrington and can often be seen at our games.
As for Morley and saints Ive no idea Im afraid.

#66 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

One thing I have been wondering, who pays the players wages if on dual role with a club?

Me and you mate. We can have a whip round at half time.

#67 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Two questions:

Who is Richard Marshall?

Morley is very good friends with watto, dont think theres anything in it he goes to a few do's with watto

#68 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

ha ha happy days Mark.

I was only wondering because if we are taking there young players because they wont get much game time at warrington and doing then a favour by giving them this then the Wolves should stump half of there wages or all of them, if this was the case it free's our salary funding to bring in some established players from our league.

I only hope we are actually getting something out of this partnership and we have just rolled over and had our pants pulled down and give in to there every demand.

#69 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Oldham.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#70 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

I think warrington pay their contract and swinton pay match fees and personal terms or thats how it was last season

#71 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

I think warrington pay their contract and swinton pay match fees and personal terms or thats how it was last season

Can you email jonty with the details of where to leave his money.

#72 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Can you email jonty with the details of where to leave his money.

:lol: :lol:

You have to agree though that the supporters are a significant - very significant - source of income at the club, yet have little say in governance and decision making.

Edited by Jonty, 17 September 2012 - 08:50 PM.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#73 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Course I do. I pay towards the trust and go every week as do many less vocal fans who do much much more for free.
I'm just trying to be fair.
I think it is easy to criticise over and over again and it gets boring

#74 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Course I do. I pay towards the trust and go every week as do many less vocal fans who do much much more for free.
I'm just trying to be fair.
I think it is easy to criticise over and over again and it gets boring

Fair enough.
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#75 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Lets face it, we are not going to bring any more fans back until we get our ground, and we won't do that till we gain success on the field. We are not in a position to opt out of this arrangement yet and we all know it. To do so is to possibly face relegation and our ultimate death. No coach can produce a team from nothing and SM is no exception.
Short term, long term, any term, I will be watching the Lions whist they still pull on a shirt. Get onboard and support the side whoever they are!!!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#76 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Well said Loyallion

#77 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

I have to disagree a little Loyallion I think we could potentially still attract new supporters if marketed right, Duffymoon only put couple of posts on facebook and 4 paying new fans come everyweek now as a result of this. This is what I was saying a few months back how do we know if we can't get new supporters if we don't try new things and if it does not work try something else.

Your spot on about the team pal

#78 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

I have to disagree a little Loyallion I think we could potentially still attract new supporters if marketed right, Duffymoon only put couple of posts on facebook and 4 paying new fans come everyweek now as a result of this. This is what I was saying a few months back how do we know if we can't get new supporters if we don't try new things and if it does not work try something else.

Your spot on about the team pal

I agree mate but at this point in time it would be a massive gamble to rely on it.
Support can be generated in many ways and we have never been proactive enough. We need to start right now, but in tandem with the new partnership with a long term aim of weaning ourselves off it when in our new home!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#79 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

After weeks of speculation, changes to the Academy structures have finally been confirmed. Is it the end to British Rugby League as we know it? I think not…

Give my blog a read if you like! :)
Posted Image

#80 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

After weeks of speculation, changes to the Academy structures have finally been confirmed. Is it the end to British Rugby League as we know it? I think not…

Give my blog a read if you like! :)

Sorry, can't be bovvered!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users