Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Two new signings

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Who will be the 2 new players to sign this week ?

#2 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Is this one of them?

FEATHERSTONE Rovers have signed Huddersfield Giants back rower Joe Fox on a one-year contract for next season.

The 20-year-old, who is from Featherstone, was named the Giants under 20s player of the year in 2011.
Rovers head coach Daryl Powell (pictured) said: “We are delighted to offer an opportunity to a talented young back rower who has been with Huddersfield from a young age.
“He is an athletic back rower who will thrive within the Featherstone Rovers environment.”
Fox said: “I’m looking forward to joining my home town club.

I understand he has just been voted the Giants U20 player of the year for the second year running!

Edited by exiled rover, 12 September 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#3 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Apparently 2 more on there way to us and signing players like Fox shows we are thinking of the future of the club as well

Edited by jt, 12 September 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#4 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Looks a good prospect! Would he go in the reserves or are we thinking first team?

UP THE ROVERS!

#5 jon

jon
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Will there even be a reserves for him to go into

#6 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Looks a good prospect! Would he go in the reserves or are we thinking first team?

I'd suspect 1st team squad. Whether he will make the team will depend on how he goes compared to our other backrowers. ;)

Certainly looks a promising signing, and good to see a local lad back too. :)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#7 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

At 20, he‘ll probably be looking at the first team.

Looks like a decent signing.

Cummins Out.

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

i've seen him in the 20s this season and the 9s, i know i'm not Daryl powell but i don't think he's anywhere near 1st team yet. that's not to say he won't be in the future. hard work and patience i would say
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#9 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

i've seen him in the 20s this season and the 9s, i know i'm not Daryl powell but i don't think he's anywhere near 1st team yet. that's not to say he won't be in the future. hard work and patience i would say

Ill trust your judgement.

Cummins Out.

#10 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

from the fev website...

On behalf of Featherstone Rovers I am pleased to confirm that two Super League quality players are in the process of agreeing terms with Rovers as the club seeks to strengthen its squad to give us the best possible chance next season.

In conjunction with Daryl Powell, we are aiming to build on a quality squad that is already assembled. After a meeting in London yesterday, Daryl contacted 'both players' wNho jumped at the chance to represent Featherstone Rovers as the club continues Fevolution.
Assuming both further players sign before the Leigh game we hope the club can unveil them in club shirts prior to the match. The club believes this is a statement to Rugby League that Featherstone Rovers wants to play top league rugby. We hope the club will soon unveil a consortium who will soon give Daryl access to more funds to enhance the existing squad and develop the training environment.
The fans recognise that the club has punched above its weight in recent years and now its had additional resources it can only help grow our status. We are 'hedging our bets' and building the club on the premise that promotion/relegation may replace licensing but that licensing may continue in years to come. If we plan for both then we can show our 'excellence' both on and off the field.
Daryl will ensure the squad performs at this business side of the season. Winning the play offs means everything to this club and it will be a statement that Featherstone has had yet another brilliant season.
I believe we will get into Super League meaning investing in our youth academy becomes a significant priority. This will ensure the club sustains growth and development and can compete for top league rugby honours in years to come.

Great. News!!!!!

UP THE ROVERS!

#11 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

• Huddersfield Examiner Sep 5th 2012

• "The awards for the academy players at the club were once again competitive, with some outstanding nominations.
    Under 20s Player of the Year went again to Joe Fox, who has won the award for the last two seasons.
    He is an outstanding player who is versatile and comfortable playing in a number of positions.
    He is a real star for the future and shows a consistency well beyond his years."

• Sounds very promising, let's hope DP has brought in a real diamond.

• Any speculation on the other two......? Exciting times!

#12 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

does two super league quality players mean the same as two quality super league players ?
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#13 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

No it dont R n O but, i will go along with the former if they are all young and hungry for success .

#14 ruggerbeleeg

ruggerbeleeg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Just a question on funding and the reference to a consortium making more available.
Does that mean that Fev have not been spending the full amount allowed in the salary cap?

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Ben Hellewell is one of them...
Posted Image

#16 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ben Hellewell is one of them...

he has signed but he is not one of the two.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#17 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

The 2 could not be named due to still having SL commitments to fulfill.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#18 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

I'm gonna have a punt here I reckon with wakes signing their halfback me thinks Andy Ellis may be one of the signing players i would be well chuffed with the three already in sound pretty good too I reckon things shaping nicely

#19 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

I just wonder where all these new players will play . I would hope that if any player leaves they are going onto bigger clubs I.e. super league like last close season. Many of our squad would enhance super league just as zak proved.

A lot of the announced signings are young which is the way to go and a year in our league with Rovers will make them excellent players . A lot of teams in our league are spending big on players which leads me to believe promotion and relegation will start from next season. Let's see what today's bulls announcement brings.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#20 Vince

Vince
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

I'm gonna have a punt here I reckon with wakes signing their halfback me thinks Andy Ellis may be one of the signing players i would be well chuffed with the three already in sound pretty good too I reckon things shaping nicely

Could be a good guess. Signings are from clubs still with Super League commitments, so not London as not in top 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users