Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Two new signings

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#21 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

I just wonder where all these new players will play . I would hope that if any player leaves they are going onto bigger clubs I.e. super league like last close season. Many of our squad would enhance super league just as zak proved.

A lot of the announced signings are young which is the way to go and a year in our league with Rovers will make them excellent players . A lot of teams in our league are spending big on players which leads me to believe promotion and relegation will start from next season. Let's see what today's bulls announcement brings.

In my opinion, we need some strengthening in a couple of positions for next season. We're short of cover at prop, and possibly wing if Tangi doesn't stay. I'd also like to see us sign a hooker to rotate with Benny Kaye, who offers a bit more in attack. As has been suggested elsewhere, Andy Ellis please. :D

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#22 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

i asked at the match last night if we would be running a 19s and 23s next season. i was told that the rfl haven't decided on the format yet, we may get to know sometime next month. how on earth can clubs recruit when they dont know what teams they will be running.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#23 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

i asked at the match last night if we would be running a 19s and 23s next season. i was told that the rfl haven't decided on the format yet, we may get to know sometime next month. how on earth can clubs recruit when they dont know what teams they will be running.

That is poor tbh. At least all clubs are in the same boat with that one, so we're not at a disadvantage compared to our competitors.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#24 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

I reckon they are both Wakie players. They said they were going to be paraded before the Leigh game. Then at the Leigh game said there were in the super league playoffs. Wakie are the only team who made the playoffs in the last few days. All other clubs were int the playoffs already so they could of never been shown at Leigh game. I'll go for fox or cockayne along with Ellis.

#25 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

The return of either player would be amazing considering how well they are both playing and loved by the Trinity supporters , huge testament to the Rovers club spirit.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#26 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

The above players would be great but we need a prop

#27 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Cockayne signed a new deal a few weeks ago.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#28 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Fox n Ellis then

#29 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Theres still 5 months or so to sign a prop. Dont worry if 1 of these 2 isnt one.

Cummins Out.

#30 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Mick Haley? Do we know if he has been offered a new contact?

Has looked good when fit but been unlucky with injuries.

#31 SCOTTY

SCOTTY
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Could one of them be a certain little blond player born and bred in Fev?

Edited by SCOTTY, 16 September 2012 - 01:51 AM.

The truth is out there?

#32 Jason Alcorn

Jason Alcorn
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

My only concern would be that these "big super league" players are dropping a division and playing only for money and not for the club. Hope I'm wrong and I'm sure DP is wise enough not to pick players like this or let it happen, but the doubt is still there!

#33 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

All the players play for the money to a certain extent Bill, even the ones we have now

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#34 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Something that has happened when we have signed big players in the past is, it sometimes causes friction within the squad due to the lower paid player thinking that the higher paid player should do more work i.e. tackles/runs so slacks off.

I really don't think Daryl will allow such nonsense to ruin the team spirit.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#35 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

one of them may be a southerner........ B) ...a longggggggggggggggggggg way south!....and i bet he likes his rum :D

#36 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

oooo ya naughty boy Gaz!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#37 ruggerbeleeg

ruggerbeleeg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

An outside punt might be Matt James to replace Malloney.

#38 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Going to Fax isn't he? They've more props than Dowty's!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#39 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

One of them is a certain little blond player born in Milton Keynes.

Fixed

Edited by Matt J, 16 September 2012 - 01:34 PM.

Cummins Out.

#40 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

one of them may be a southerner........ B) ...a longggggggggggggggggggg way south!....and i bet he likes his rum :D

Milton Keynes is south

Cummins Out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users