Photo
- - - - -

Two new signings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
136 replies to this topic

#61 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

bostock staying i for one am pleased but in the words of dear old oliver please sir i want more

#62 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

underwhelmed, don't think we get enough game time out of him, too slow for 3/4s, too timid for pack. just my opinion.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#63 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

We differ on this one old fella. i think bossy gives us options in t'forrads. Agree he's hasn't the pace for a back.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#64 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

We differ on this one old fella. i think bossy gives us options in t'forrads. Agree he's hasn't the pace for a back.

thats fair enough Robin, we all have our own ideas on what different players bring to the team.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#65 Ovo

Ovo
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Bossy as a prop off the bench I reckon. I am happy with our signings, hungry guys that will develop and put pressure on existing players. Better than big bucks for a name imo.
Anything I post is a personal opinion

#66 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

I am happy that Bostock has been retained.

In the last two matches he has brought some real "go forward" in each of his stints from the bench.

I think the runs he makes really draws defenders in, creating room ouside him & he is deadly from 6 foot out!

Think his days as anything but an emergency back are over but can see him growing into a decent prop.

Good luck Bosy!

#67 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Glad about Bozzy. Started the season well with his brave try at the Shay in the NRC last second win, but when he came back from injury he was mainly a fringe player, so none of the moves seemed to involve him. I can't see the point of playing him at centre then not giving him decent ball near the line, where he is most dangerous. Great bench player, though, because he puts pressure on tired defences and he never misses a tackle, unless exposed for pace.

#68 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

As I said Steve am glad he is staying plus all the other lads good stuff but where's the player that's gonna light me up and make me jump around the room and yes I know we have the number s of a consistent side that is great I just believe a couple more sl experience players and we have real lift off by the way o love this Featherstone Rogers

#69 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

I meant rovers not rogers by the do you remember him

Edit use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 19 September 2012 - 07:05 AM.

#70 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

Really pleased bostock is staying. He has had some big games for us over the last couple of years. And as been mentioned not many people get past him. To me he is very dependable back up

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#71 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

I meant rovers not rogers by the do you remember him

Edit use of text speak

I had a double look back up the thread then , thought we had signed a Mr Rogers . Quite funny , at least it wouldn't take much to find a chant for the player.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#72 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Would that be Roy Rogers

I had a double look back up the thread then , thought we had signed a Mr Rogers . Quite funny , at least it wouldn't take much to find a chant for the player.

Would that be Roy Rogers?

#73 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

My guess is we will probably find out tomorrow who the new signings are, the Pont and #### will want first dibbs on the story. A Ellis for one me thinks.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#74 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hoping we find out tonight at the forum!
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#75 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

20 year old centre signed last night from our nearest neighbours. Will leave the name at the moment as it maybe an announcement for tonight.

Seems like we will have a big squad next season with lots of talented youngsters for the future.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#76 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Double post.must get used to new phone

Edited by Stratobill, 19 September 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#77 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,609 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

AB re-signing confirmation anywhere?

#78 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Forgive me who is a b

#79 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Sorry just had a senior moment do

#80 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Forgive me who is a b

whoops, nearly got myself into trouble there.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image