• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#101 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Wally Lewis?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#102 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

sari Lewis?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#103 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

ahh - lambchop

#104 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

mint
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#105 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

You have some sauce!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#106 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I'm not revealing my sources!

#107 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

I suspect there are a few that are on the sauce. :blink: :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#108 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Apparently no annoucement till tomorrow now someone posted on facebook that that is from lee crooks

#109 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Was Currier unlucky? In the first instance, yes. Then everybody is forgetting that he put on two stones, fair enough when your not fit, but if you recall he was good to go, played a few games start of 94/95 only to fall over playing pool, whilst alledgedly bladdered, re igniting the intial injury, and we had to sign firstly Warren Wilson and then Daz Hughes, when Wilson had to go.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 20 September 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#110 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

come on then, lets be having this press release

#111 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Talking to one of my pupils today, her Brother 19/20 year old, back row forward (physique similar to Jon Grayshon),who is one of my ex pupils could be signing. He has previous family links with the club.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 21 September 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#112 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Was Currier unlucky? In the first instance, yes. Then everybody is forgetting that he put on two stones, fair enough when your not fit, but if you recall he was good to go, played a few games start of 94/95 only to fall over playing pool, whilst alledgedly bladdered, re igniting the intial injury, and we had to sign firstly Warren Wilson and then Daz Hughes, when Wilson had to go.

Didn't we sign Matt Calland as a replacement for Currier? I seem to remember him going to Bradford for about £80K just after SL was started up.

#113 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Didn't we sign Matt Calland as a replacement for Currier? I seem to remember him going to Bradford for about £80K just after SL was started up.

Now there was a good centre..... the best by a country mile. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#114 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

If I remember rightly Steve we signed Currier for the 93/94 season, he got crocked pre season, so Francis Maloney played in the Right Centre position for most of that season, Then as a temporary measure Iva Ropati was re-signed to play in the centres late 93/94 season, I remember him scoring at Headingley March 94. I also think Currier became available just prior to the 94/95 season, but Maloney left. So Rovers had Currier and Ropati available and I believe Calland was also signed in that close season as cover for these.
Ropati played the first few games of the 94/95 season then went for some reason, Currier got crocked again and we were left with Calland and a sequence of different short term personel to cover the centre. Wilson, Brett Rodger and Daz Hughes. The problem was compounded because Pearson did his knee early in that season so we had a lad called Nixon an aussie at stand off. Nixon didn't last the season and Brett Rodger subsequently played at stand off in the latter stages. Callard scored at Elland Road to put us briefly in the lead in the CC semi. If I remember rightly Tuuta also played stand off on certain occasions that fateful season and Calland played in the back row in the last couple of league games, before as you quite rightly said he went to Bradford as Fox, Newlove and Clark had done in previous years.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 21 September 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#115 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Andrew, if thats from memory, you've got one heck of a memory
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#116 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Andrew, if thats from memory, you've got one heck of a memory

Swear on my life, Dave. It's a season and a personal time that still haunts me, and is still engrained on my memory.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 21 September 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#117 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,389 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

If I remember rightly Steve we signed Currier for the 93/94 season, he got crocked pre season, so Francis Maloney played in the Right Centre position for most of that season, Then as a temporary measure Iva Ropati was re-signed to play in the centres late 93/94 season, I remember him scoring at Headingley March 94. I also think Currier became available just prior to the 94/95 season, but Maloney left. So Rovers had Currier and Ropati available and I believe Calland was also signed in that close season as cover for these.
Ropati played the first few games of the 94/95 season then went for some reason, Currier got crocked again and we were left with Calland and a sequence of different short term personel to cover the centre. Wilson, Brett Rodger and Daz Hughes. The problem was compounded because Pearson did his knee early in that season so we had a lad called Nixon an aussie at stand off. Nixon didn't last the season and Brett Rodger subsequently played at stand off in the latter stages. Callard scored at Elland Road to put us briefly in the lead in the CC semi. If I remember rightly Tuuta also played stand off on certain occasions that fateful season and Calland played in the back row in the last couple of league games, before as you quite rightly said he went to Bradford as Fox, Newlove and Clark had done in previous years.

Mark Nixon is a kiwi

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#118 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

I don't think Francis Malloney played in the centre but always at stand off. From what I recall the 93/94 season Franny had a storming start and was outstanding when we beat Wigan at home. We also had Martin Pearson and because of Frany's form he played full back. Franny then got tapped up and handed in a transfer request which resulted in him being dropped and Pee wee was then reverted back to his prefered position of stand off. Pee wees first game back at 6 was Wakefield away and he had an absoloute stormer. Franny was then sold onto Warrington at the end of the season and we bought Mark Aston.

The 94/95 seaon pee wee had a season endining cruciate ligament injury versus Salford away and we brough Mark Nixon in to replace him. However Nixon was not very creative so we moved him into the centre and played Tuuta at 6. I remeber the Calland try at Elland road very cleary because for 1 second I though I would be seeing my beloved Featherstone Rovers at Wembley, however Jim Fallon ripped us to bits down the right side and a week later we had no club because we were being forced to merge with Cas & Wakey. From being on top of the world to having no club devestated me, however I am proud to say that we thought the merger resulting in the Rovers being a very special part of my life and always will be.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#119 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

The Cats chief executive also said he “doesn’t know anything” about rumours linking hooker Andy Ellis to Featherstone Rovers but admits the club’s high number of hookers could see some move elsewhere in search of regular first-team action.

http://www.wakefield...roach-1-4945765

Please view my photos.

#120 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Didnt Carl Gibson come in when Currier got injured?
Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users