Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Penky confirmed as returning to Leigh

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

worst-kept secret becomes official

http://www.halifaxco...-2013-1-4923986

#2 FaxMachine

FaxMachine
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

worst-kept secret becomes official

http://www.halifaxco...-2013-1-4923986

Slight correction.

Not "returning" to Leigh. He's never played for them previously. ;)

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

He's been the best 9 in the comp since Andy Ellis virtually won the championship for Barra in 09! If Andy Ellis does drop back down to the championship I believe he would again be the best 9 in the comp again.

Penky has done for us so many times. A gnawing little git I would love to see being 'given one', he's so bloody good!! Wouldn't have minded seeing him in a rovers shirt at all, but not to be.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

If Andy Ellis does drop back down to the championship I believe he would again be the best 9 in the comp again.

To us, pretty please. :lol:

As for Penky, he's always been a thorn in our side. Excellent player, and one Fax will miss.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

He's been the best 9 in the comp since Andy Ellis virtually won the championship for Barra in 09! If Andy Ellis does drop back down to the championship I believe he would again be the best 9 in the comp again.

Penky has done for us so many times. A gnawing little git I would love to see being 'given one', he's so bloody good!! Wouldn't have minded seeing him in a rovers shirt at all, but not to be.

You can't go round buying everyone,time to give little teams like Leigh a chance,you won't need it,but good luck tonight.

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

You can't go round buying everyone,time to give little teams like Leigh a chance,you won't need it,but good luck tonight.

I know it appears that Fev is a bit flush at the mo, but it isn't always about the money.But cheers anyway Andy. As always, I will get myself into a lather about tonight and if Vausey comes out to play and stands with us I can see he and I mythering about our impending doom!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 605 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Top player. He deserves to leave with his head held high

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Top player. He deserves to leave with his head held high

on a pikestaff :D :D :D