Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

WALT BOOTH RIP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Walt was my best mate at Notmanton Grammar. I did aer and English homeworks at half a crown a pop and he was my minder. We used to play truant together and got up to all sorts. Walt was a gresat Rugby player and was full back in the all conquering Normanton Grammar School rugby union team. It was all conquering because it had the likes of Allan Agar, Mick Morgan and Bill Francis in it.
Walt signed for Huddersfield straight after leaving school and I'm sure a lot of you will know what he contributed to local amateur rugby as a player abd a 'character'. I always enjoyed meeting Walt and shooting the breeze with him.
I was shocked to learn of his death. I hadn't seen him for quite a while.
RIP Walt and thanks for the memories.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Walt was my best mate at Notmanton Grammar. I did aer and English homeworks at half a crown a pop and he was my minder. We used to play truant together and got up to all sorts. Walt was a gresat Rugby player and was full back in the all conquering Normanton Grammar School rugby union team. It was all conquering because it had the likes of Allan Agar, Mick Morgan and Bill Francis in it.
Walt signed for Huddersfield straight after leaving school and I'm sure a lot of you will know what he contributed to local amateur rugby as a player abd a 'character'. I always enjoyed meeting Walt and shooting the breeze with him.
I was shocked to learn of his death. I hadn't seen him for quite a while.
RIP Walt and thanks for the memories.

a very respectful silence for Walt at tonights game, R.I.P.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

a very respectful silence for Walt at tonights game, R.I.P.

One of Featherstones great characters, spent many a happy hour in Walts company, whether it was in the pub or on our regular jaunts to the 1960's theme weekends at Butlins, condolences to his wife Lynne and kids Craig and Lindsey and all his Grandchildren
Im Fev and im proud

#4 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Loved the man. Used to play squash with Walt in our younger years. Always remember him bringing the ladder out so that the crew could climb up to the video nest/ coaching platform at the top of the stand before they installed the walkway. One of the best.

Condolences to Lynne, Craig and Lindsey.
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#5 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Privileged to say that Walt was a special friend and it's hard to believe that we won't be sharing any more nights out or trips away. He was a natural comedian who loved to see people having a good laugh at the many and varied hilarious antics he got up to. He was also a kind and thoughtful soul who would help anyone if he could. It's a terrible tragedy for his family and everyone who was lucky enough to know him. Our love goes out to Lynn, Craig, Lindsey and Walt's much loved grandchildren.

Terry, Denise & Lauren
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users