Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dom Maloney, outstanding

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

title says it all, i'd already said he was our best player, then he goes and scores a fantastic try, then runs onto a short ball like a train and sets up another. great game Dom lad.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#2 leejones

leejones
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Agree. He was awesome tonight

#3 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Going out in style is the lad
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#4 AJ & TJ

AJ & TJ
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

He was awesome tonight. Will be missed next season if rumours about his impending departure to serve queen and country are true.

#5 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Is he definitely leaving at the end of the season? I'm a fax fan and he was quality for us, from what I saw tonight he looks like he has carried that same form on for you guys. Well done tonight and I hope to see you in Warrington.

#6 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

He was awesome tonight. Going in the army means this could be his last two games for while! so he is giving it everything. Got to say England was outstanding too in his second spell

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#7 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Once Fev adapted to Leighs fast open play everything fell into place; Leigh played well and I wish them well for a final appearance; Dom played outstanding;

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,949 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

He was awesome tonight. Going in the army means this could be his last two games for while! so he is giving it everything. Got to say England was outstanding too in his second spell

we could concievably be without and number of tplayers for the final depending on the disciplinary. Both Briggsy and Stu were involved in inidents which were reported and the fight following the head high dismissal will see others cited. We could end up with 4-5 banned here. Bonkers.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

I agree robin but by gum we did come good in the end oh and by the way I've met u at last I was the bloke with the black wooly hat in the first half

#10 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

we could concievably be without and number of tplayers for the final depending on the disciplinary. Both Briggsy and Stu were involved in inidents which were reported and the fight following the head high dismissal will see others cited. We could end up with 4-5 banned here. Bonkers.

Aye, could be a few missing. The irony of that could be any 1 game bans handed out could yet see our players banned for the final, and Leigh's returning from suspension.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#11 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Aye, could be a few missing. The irony of that could be any 1 game bans handed out could yet see our players banned for the final, and Leigh's returning from suspension.

It's worrying, plus the fact that Andy Kain seems out of sorts. Not been on top form since Fax had him wrapped up at Blackpool. I'd try swapping him and Briggsy round, left to right, because Kyle seems unhappy playing down the left and the opposition defences seem to be targetting Kainy coming down the right channel.

#12 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

Just watched the game again and there's no way either Stu or Kyle will be suspended. Nothing in either incident to warrant a ban in my opinion. I didn't see too much in the brawl either.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#13 AJ & TJ

AJ & TJ
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hope all our boys are ok and free to play in final think we have the brawl to worry about more than the other incidents but who knows the thinking at RFL

#14 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

i am the only one that we play miss dummie get it were playing dum plays everbody noses how we play we need another play

#15 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,949 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

I agree robin but by gum we did come good in the end oh and by the way I've met u at last I was the bloke with the black wooly hat in the first half

Always good to put a face to a name Kirkie. A bloody old fashioned blood n snot game. No quarter asked or given.
Ged Stokes will be the focus of last nights game, which is a shame because it had all the hallmarks of being a right corker.
Suggy made some valid points on the Leigh forum (which is unusual for him). Leigh set off like a house on fire and with out indiscipline they got out to a lead. But then their discipline faltered and the resultant defending took wads out of them.
At half time he doom brothers made two predictions.
Vausey, quite audaciously says "that'll be Leigh's last try" as they scored right on the hooter as I said "They're knackered, the slope will count"! Rarely have our predictions ever come good. For both of us to hit the target is amazing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#16 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Always good to put a face to a name Kirkie. A bloody old fashioned blood n snot game. No quarter asked or given.
Ged Stokes will be the focus of last nights game, which is a shame because it had all the hallmarks of being a right corker.
Suggy made some valid points on the Leigh forum (which is unusual for him). Leigh set off like a house on fire and with out indiscipline they got out to a lead. But then their discipline faltered and the resultant defending took wads out of them.
At half time he doom brothers made two predictions.
Vausey, quite audaciously says "that'll be Leigh's last try" as they scored right on the hooter as I said "They're knackered, the slope will count"! Rarely have our predictions ever come good. For both of us to hit the target is amazing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol

#17 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

i am the only one that we play miss dummie get it were playing dum plays everbody noses how we play we need another play

Eh?

#18 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

I thought Leigh played very well, and certainly for the first half, they completely had our number. They moved the ball about quickly in attack that had us stretched and were quick off the line in defence to nullify our attacks. Where we did appear to struggle was with in finding any imagination in attack; we appeared to have a number of pre-planned moves, and just kept trying them. What was really needed was a bit of individual flair; something that we seemed to lack in what was a workmanlike performance.

What we did clearly manage to do however was tire Leigh out, so that in the 2nd half we were able to exploit the gaps that began to appear. That’s not the first time that has happened this season; in fact I remember it well from Keighley away in the first league game of the season. Clearly our fitness is top drawer compared to many of the other teams in the division.

Good to see Dom get mom, in what in my opinion was his best performance in Fev shirt. If he could put performances in like that every week, it’s a shame he won’t be staying.

As for the on report incidents, what on earth was Kyle thinking when he positioned himself like that to tackle. I could tell it was going to be a trip before the man got to him! Hopefully that will just be a warning for what can only be described as a moment of very poor technique, but with no malicious intent whatsoever. Stuart I feel will be lucky to escape a ban for clearly kicking out at an opponent. I won’t say that it wasn’t provoked, as I didn’t see the start of the incident, however that doesn’t absolve him of blame, and it’s not the first time he’s done it this season. He really ought to know better. As for the brawl at the end, correct decision by the ref to send Henderson off. I couldn’t tell who was first in for afters, however if it was Engy, then I’d suspect he’ll cop a ban too, especially having already been up for punching once this season. Again, he ought to know better.

All in all, I thought the ref had a decent game. Yes, some high shots were let go, however he did seem fairly consistent in this respect. The kick on Finny was clearly missed, however that should have been the linesman reporting it. The penalty count did swing from one side to the other; however the majority of those given were against the defending team at the time, and thus reflected the balance of play. Leigh were perhaps unlucky with the couple of disallowed tries, however you’d hope that the video ref was in the best position to make the right call. The key point in the penalties being given was the indiscipline of the two teams.

All in all, great game. Maybe biased, but I’d say the best team on the night won, although the scoreline was probably a little bit flattering in the end.

Edited by gazza77, 14 September 2012 - 07:29 AM.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#19 MADREDNIGE

MADREDNIGE
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Just watched the game again and there's no way either Stu or Kyle will be suspended. Nothing in either incident to warrant a ban in my opinion. I didn't see too much in the brawl either.

Trouble with that Terry it's NOT how we see it and we don't seem to be th R/L's fav team !!

#20 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Did anybody else see Mr.R. Evans love child on the tv camera in front of the pie hut?????
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users