Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Grand Final Information

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Following last night's victory over Leigh Centurions, Featherstone Rovers will appear in the Co-operative Grand Final for the third successive season. The match will be played at the Halliwell Jones Stadium, home of Warrington Wolves on Sunday 30th September at 4:30pm.

We are delighted to confirm ticket and travel arrangements for the game:

Tickets
Featherstone Rovers have been given an initial allocation of 2,600 tickets. 600 of which are seated tickets in the North Stand (Blocks Q and P) priced at £18 (£9 concessions). 2,000 standing tickets have been allocated in the West Stand behind the posts priced at £16 (£8 concessions).
Tickets will be on sale as follows:
Tuesday 18th September: 9am until 9pm - SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ONLY
Wednesday 19th September: 9am until 10pm - GENERAL SALE - Don't forget the Fans Forum at 8pm!
Thursday 20th September: 9am until 10pm - GENERAL SALE - We will be showing the Final Eliminator live on the big screens from 7:30pm
Friday 21st September: 9am until 4pm - GENERAL SALE
Saturday 22nd September: 10-12pm - GENERAL SALE
Standing tickets will be available online from Tuesday 18th September 9pm

Coach Travel
Featherstone Rovers will be operating official supporter coaches costing £12 per person. You have the choice of setting off at 12pm or 1:30pm and seats can be purchased when you buy your match ticket.

After Match Party
After the match, Players, Coaching Staff and Officials will be returning to the Atrium Bar. Following discussions with Health and Safety partners, admission to the Atrium Bar will be ticket only. Tickets for the after match party will be available from Tuesday 18th September and will cost £5. The price of the ticket includes Pie and Peas.

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Why are the buses not setting off earlier like last year

#3 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

The Blue lagoon coaches are (see seperate thread) and seats might be available on there.

#4 nevfromfev

nevfromfev
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

£5 admission to the after match party, ticket only. Do we get a refund if we loose the game? Won't be much of a party then. How come there were no discussions with "Health & Safety Partners" prior to previous finals. You can go to the well too many times.

#5 Wormy

Wormy
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Have to agree with Nev from Fev here - There may be some good sense here in trying to restrict after match numbers a little, should the club be successful in winning the G.F.

If the club feels it necessary to hide behind the health and safety legislation then so be it, .... but please don't insult our general intelligence further and expect a £5 per head payment for a Pie & Pea supper, ( which the club happily put on last night as a freebie before 6.30 pm ?)

Err semi final Supper F.O.C. ( or £1.00 later on for those pies that did not shift ) or £5.00 for a Grand Final Supper ? - Which Einstein came up with that cunning transparent plan ?

I have tremendous respect and admiration for all the positivity and forward thinking coming out of the club via Mark, Craig, Paul and the team over the last 6 months or so but this has got to be a Joke ? surely ?....could understand a special "supporter" offer if the entrance fee equated to a couple of pints / shop voucher or something of roughly equivalent value to £5.00 stated but this one looks destined to bite the club right on the backside in my opinion and risks irritating the very same core of supporters that will be targetted again no doubt very shortly as the new stands begin to take shape, where potentially additional funding may be required in due course.

Call me old fashioned....and it certainly isn't the £10 that it would cost me & the mrs......I am happy to donate that anyway.... it's the principle that matters here and I thought our club was 'bigger' than that - Rant Over but B.O.D. do the decent thing and review this otherwise our G.F opponents may want to top up their share of the shared gate money with a share of our after match Pie & Pea fund ! :angry:

Fax Fans may suggest that it could be our way of ensuring we collect a few quid in advance in the event of a loss by getting the £5.00 per head up front !!

#6 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

my night will be up ponte carlo...same as last year

Edit use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 15 September 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#7 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Wormy, Excellent Post !

#8 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

Suprised it hasnt been mentioned on the facebook group regarding the £5 entry fee following the grand final

#9 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Going on for 300 comments by all acounts !

#10 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Won't be able to there there, but wish I could, and would gladly pay the £5.

#11 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

my night will be up ponte carlo...same as last year

Edit use of text speak

straight back to retford for work at 5am monday
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#12 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

I am working at 4am next morning so my drinking stops at half time so at least I will remember the final hooter .
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#13 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

Suprised it hasnt been mentioned on the facebook group regarding the £5 entry fee following the grand final

Edit use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 15 September 2012 - 03:26 PM.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#14 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#15 nevfromfev

nevfromfev
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

If the citeria is "Health & Safety" to restrict numbers why then does that not apply on Boxing Day in the clubhouse. May be cynical but been in there on Boxing Day many times and it is rammed with people almost fighting to pay for beer etc. Also been in clubhouse after every recent grand finals /NRL final and it is rammed with families who are not fighting to pay for beer but who just want to show their appreciation and support of our team plus enjoy the atmosphere. Suggest BOD revisit this decision. Never felt the need to respond to things I read on here but on this issue the club are way off the mark.

#16 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Suggest the fans forum in the clubhouse on Wednesday night might be a good time to raise it? Plenty of people are unhappy about it apparently so i'm sure some if not all will attend to ask the question directly and no doubt post the reply on here for those who can't attend.

#17 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

Edit use of text speak

:D :D :D

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#18 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

I would like to thank the club for listening to the fans of this great club there will still be the £5 charge but first drink free so roughly £2 admission and there is now bus(es) leaving at 10 am as well as 12 and 13.30 I will now be using the supporters bus run by the club Thanks

#19 jprover

jprover
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Can someone please provide a definitive answer to this question. How many games are being played on Grand Finals day? I have read on this forum that there are only two because the amateurs are playing on a different day. The Barrow forum however, says there are three games on the day and specifies that Egremont are playing in the Conference final and even gives a kick-off time of 12.30. I need to know so that I can decide which coach to go for.

#20 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

3 advertised in this weeks RL Express

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users