League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull KR's Scott Taylor on his way to Wigan?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Scott Taylor is a good player but on the form Liam Watts has been showing we have already signed the best, he is getting better by the week.

#22 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image

Where did you get this picture from then? :)

#23 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

Same as this year plus Beaumont back from injury as well as Tuimavavevaivasvavavva (check spelling ;) ) minus Taylor and Clinton, also Cox missed a good part of the season and Green is looking good with many people tipping him as the better prospect than Taylor.

same as this year minus clinton and taylor what about Watts?????? did u forget about him cause you wont have been watching the play offs will ya hahaha

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,756 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Where did you get this picture from then? :)

A Google image search, why, did you take it?

Interestingly, there was a different one of Holdstock with his arm round a young fan but it was a bit big to put on here. The lad looked a bit like you but it can't have been as Holdstock still had hair so it was probably before you were born.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#25 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Oh dear. So much for "Building for the future" then.

RIP Super League. Strictly 4 tiers next year:

Tier 1: Wigan, Leeds, Saints, Wire.
Tier 2: Hull FC, Catalan.
Tier 3: The rest.

It's just a poor man's EPL. I won't be watching. And this isn't just HKR based bitterness - regulars will know I was just as annoyed at Wigan nabbing Matty Smith. It's just all too dull and predictable.

I don't blame Hudgell, I don't blame Taylor and I don't blame Wigan. The system just does not promote parity of player production. It's the league's fault, plain and simple, and I've better things to spend my hard-earned cash on than a selling team. I'd sooner see us in a level-field Championship.

Has anyone called this "A good deal for both clubs" yet?

#26 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,987 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

The system just does not promote parity of player production. It's the league's fault, plain and simple, and I've better things to spend my hard-earned cash on than a selling team. I'd sooner see us in a level-field Championship.

The much maligned Gary hetherington led the way in young player recruitment and development around ten or more years ago.

Hudgell had a go at other top clubs and their attitude, but leaves Gary out.

But the fact is all clubs have known for years that they needed to produce their own players,and all clubs have been made to do it with academies being an SL requirement. Wether clubs have failed to recognise talent and develop it or wether there's less talent about many people have differing views and no doubt the answer lies in the middle.

But the success of Saints and Wigan over many many years has stimulated a lot of junior RL in their areas and quality players coming through. Failure in Widnes seems to have led to the junior production system failing and going relatively dormant. How much junior RL is there in Salford?? How does Hull and HKR cope chasing the same players. The SL champions have seen several new junior clubs in Leeds develop. Cas produce them in quantity but can't keep them.

That's "how it is" and the disparity can be traced back many many years, but how is it that it's the "Leagues fault plain and simple"?

#27 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

DSK - I am not sure I would give up. Today's selling club is tomorrow's buying club. Trinity and Widnes were both at death's door not so long ago, and are now looking forward to a happier future. When I started watching Wigan, we couldn't even sign the best St Pat's players because the club was so low in the scheme of things (and promptly sank lower still). The only thing I will predict with certainty is that things will change.

#28 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

A Google image search, why, did you take it?

Interestingly, there was a different one of Holdstock with his arm round a young fan but it was a bit big to put on here. The lad looked a bit like you but it can't have been as Holdstock still had hair so it was probably before you were born.

No I just have it on my site so thought you might have taken a butcher's. Some good old pictures knocking about though!

#29 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Look at this another way also. How many fans does the loss of Taylor lose Rovers (and thus SL) through the turnstiles? I’ll hazard a conservative guess of 2K. Average gate of maybe 7K (and this with the new stand) next year? It’s hard to argue that there won’t be a net fall off.

And how many fans does it gain Wigan, the best team in the league? None. Not one. They’re already the best team in the league. The RFL really need to bear this in mind when they prepare their next “Super League attendances rocketing” press release. It’s the relative parity that I think has helped in the last few years and this is a massive backward step in that regard.

And how many points will Wigan put on us next season, considering they’re already miles better than us? I’ll set the over/under at 60. But thankfully won’t have wasted a penny for the “privilige” of watching.

#30 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Look at this another way also. How many fans does the loss of Taylor lose Rovers (and thus SL) through the turnstiles? I’ll hazard a conservative guess of 2K. Average gate of maybe 7K (and this with the new stand) next year? It’s hard to argue that there won’t be a net fall off.

So you're saying that Taylor's loss will mean HKR's gates are down by at least 2k on this years! Seriously?

#31 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

same as this year minus clinton and taylor what about Watts?????? did u forget about him cause you wont have been watching the play offs will ya hahaha

Don't count Watts as he certainly never played for us this year so we have lost nothing. Everyone knows he has the ability just his attitude and commitment that are the problem. If FC can keep him on the straight and narrow you have a fine player, just the keeping him on the straight and narrow that was the problem. Matterson at Cas gave up on him so did Morgan and now Sandercock, if FC have the ability to sort him out well done to them.

#32 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Saints also in the mix for Taylor apparently, and with his agent being David Howe former Saints CEO, could make Saints favourites to sign him...

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#33 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,732 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

And how many fans does it gain Wigan, the best team in the league? None. Not one. They’re already the best team in the league. The RFL really need to bear this in mind when they prepare their next “Super League attendances rocketing” press release. It’s the relative parity that I think has helped in the last few years and this is a massive backward step in that regard.

And how many points will Wigan put on us next season, considering they’re already miles better than us? I’ll set the over/under at 60. But thankfully won’t have wasted a penny for the “privilige” of watching.

Well that's completely and utterly defeatist. I'm glad there aren't many with the same opinion. Everyone would have given up on the game years ago.

It goes with the sort of mantra I heard on RLFans: we'll never have the money to challenge so I won't be going.
How are they meant to get the money with "support" like that. If you don't want to watch them because they are going through a tough patch, that's your choice. But spreading doom and gloom will achieve what?
Posted Image

#34 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Saints also in the mix for Taylor apparently, and with his agent being David Howe former Saints CEO, could make Saints favourites to sign him...

Doubt it,Saints would'nt pay £10k for Chris Hill,what a mistake thats turned out to be

#35 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Well that's completely and utterly defeatist. I'm glad there aren't many with the same opinion. Everyone would have given up on the game years ago.

It goes with the sort of mantra I heard on RLFans: we'll never have the money to challenge so I won't be going.
How are they meant to get the money with "support" like that. If you don't want to watch them because they are going through a tough patch, that's your choice. But spreading doom and gloom will achieve what?

Couldn't put it much better than that.

#36 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

I actually am quite happy with how we are shaping up for next year, we have certainly been more competative this year in all our games. No one has blown us away so with a bit of luck and a bit more belief and confidence then we should be able to pick up some more wins next year. We need a lot of work on the defence in the off season though.

#37 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Doubt it,Saints would'nt pay £10k for Chris Hill,what a mistake thats turned out to be

Wasnt that they wouldnt pay it, Hill had reportedly shook hands on a deal with Saints then he turned his back when Wolves came in with a substantially larger offer, same happened with Griffin going to Leeds and not Saints.
Also, Taylor is what 21? 22? Hill was 29

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#38 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,987 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

If you don't want to watch them because they are going through a tough patch, that's your choice. But spreading doom and gloom will achieve what?

There are surely many with the same opinion as you can pick out any one of many many clubs to find people of the same opinion? Why do only 2,000 go to Halifax when 6,000 used to go? Where are the 4,000 Oldham fans nowadays? Where did 7,500 Rovers fans go when they dropped to the second division?? Where did thousands of Hull Boulevard fans go when they stopped winning in the eighties???

Thousands have left the game, thousands have come in. It's wishful thinking to believe that every fan our clubs attract will suddenly stand up, not be defeatist and carry on supporting their club when it starts losing.

I do not see how Keeny is spreading doom and gloom?? He's discussing the halting of investment at Hull KR and the start of the effect of that, which is fair enough to do.

He has also offered on a positive note to carry on supporting Rovers if they went back to the Championship and is one of the very few fans who WOULD support a Hull merger and don the red/black/white. If the other 8,499 HKR fans would do the same you'd have 20,000 crowds at the KC every match.

I think with respect your attack is unjustified.

Keeny also discusses how if Superleague could find a way to have all the clubs competing, there may be less fans walking away from the lower SL clubs. That's a positive thought for me......

#39 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

He has also offered on a positive note to carry on supporting Rovers if they went back to the Championship and is one of the very few fans who WOULD support a Hull merger and don the red/black/white. If the other 8,499 HKR fans would do the same you'd have 20,000 crowds at the KC every match.

That is true but the majority of Rovers fans would not support a merged side, or at least not straight away. It would probably miss out a generation. And those that do, well, it depends if they start losing ;)

#40 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'll be very surprised if this player ends up at Wigan.

Get ready for the "stolen from under Wigan's noses" or "rejected Wigan in favour of...." headlines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users