Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Suspension

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

I here no one suspended from last week is it true if so full team to pick from Great news

#2 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I hope your right

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Oh jt i hope you're correct. thaz cheered me reight up!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I here no one suspended from last week is it true if so full team to pick from Great news

Always thought it was about 10 days when the players are up, I know S/L players are up the following Tuesday.

#5 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Nothing on RFL site for this weekends games yet but does appear to be confirmed here http://www.code13rug...yers-charged-3/ Did the DVD get lost in the post or was somebody stood in front of the camera during the 'peacemaking efforts' following Henderson's red card tackle?

#6 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

http://www.totalrl.c...11#entry2560311
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#7 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Great news. Have to say I thought we might be at least 2 players down but justice has been done as the Leigh player who led with the elbow has also avoided further action.

#8 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Regarding the "peacemaking efforts" melee in the Leigh game, when I watched the Premier footage again I was a bit surprised as you don't actually see many, if any blows landed. In particular, when big Anthony runs in you couldn't prove solely from the footage that he landed a punch (from what you could see on the VT he could have simply pushed him in the chest, daft as that may sound), and the RFL almost invariably take no further action if there is no concrete evidence of a blow being landed, there have been a number of similar examples this season.

#9 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Regarding the "peacemaking efforts" melee in the Leigh game, when I watched the Premier footage again I was a bit surprised as you don't actually see many, if any blows landed. In particular, when big Anthony runs in you couldn't prove solely from the footage that he landed a punch (from what you could see on the VT he could have simply pushed him in the chest, daft as that may sound), and the RFL almost invariably take no further action if there is no concrete evidence of a blow being landed, there have been a number of similar examples this season.

Sounds as if a bit of lee-way has been given.

#10 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Nothing on RFL site for this weekends games yet but does appear to be confirmed here http://www.code13rug...yers-charged-3/ Did the DVD get lost in the post or was somebody stood in front of the camera during the 'peacemaking efforts' following Henderson's red card tackle?

We ought to EMP the cameras just before anything happens like that.

Cummins Out.

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,463 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

The rules are different for the playoffs. You're up at the Disciplinary the Tuesday following the end of the week in which you play instead of the Tuesday after. So anything that happened last Thursday is dealt with tonight (18th). Obviously, with Fev having a week off, this makes no odds - even under the normal rule, anybody suspended would miss the Final.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users