RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tommy Hodson

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Confirmed by Donny as leaving for Featherstone Rovers.
There's a clip of him Johnny Hawkins put on facebook. Not as far through as a carrot but bloody hell, this kid is fast.
When our coaching team get their hands on him he's going to score a belly full.

Edited by Robin Evans, 18 September 2012 - 03:18 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#2 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

Confirmed by Donny as leaving for Featherstone Rovers.
There's a clip of him Johnny Hawkins put on facebook. Not as far through as a carrot but bloody hell, this kid is fast.
When our coaching team get their hands on him he's going to score a belly full.

Looking around to find some detail, ah, the joys of google. :lol:

http://www.code13rug...oins-doncaster/

Interesting background, sounds like he could follow Greg's lead in playing all around the backs until finding a settled position.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#3 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thais great robin but forgive me for being a little impatient and I realise we are building for the future but to keep up to everyone else we need those sl signings we've been told about

#4 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Certainly not slow in the self-publicity department. Looks like hes got a decent rugby brain.

#5 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I prefer these type of signings than some superstar, we have managed to do without SL players comfortably so far, its not as though we are desperate.

Daryl will turn these players into SL players at little cost.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Thais great robin but forgive me for being a little impatient and I realise we are building for the future but to keep up to everyone else we need those sl signings we've been told about

Look at his references Kirkie and then have a look at the clip! Not many at our level that quick!! He'll come at the right price and witht he right coaching could be a right addition to our team. Genuine pace is something we've been short of this year.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

all well and good stratobill but we have been told that a couple are on the verge of signing

#8 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

This signing now confirmed on the website.
http://www.featherst...cle.php?id=9377

#9 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

This kid can motor

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#10 ruggerbeleeg

ruggerbeleeg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Very fast with a stooped running style which makes him able to step off both feet in the blink of an eye and so difficult to tackle and read what he is going to do.
With some coaching and a good pre season this lad could light up the league and be one of those X factor players that rip up the opposition.

#11 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

19 tries and 51 conversions for him this season, which puts him (just) at the top of our scoring charts. Awesomely quick, and the chasedown of Calderwood (he can be seen crossing the deadball line before turning to chase down) is one of the best things I've seen in a long time (although, the chase of the South Wales winger was just as good, even coming from the opposite wing). Nurtured well, he will rip teams apart.

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#12 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Could he be another Graham Steadman?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#13 olddon

olddon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Why not make the short journey to Doncaster as your new signing is playing for Doncaster v Workington believe me he is fast good goal kicker as well hope to see you all at Warrington congrats on your success this season

#14 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thanks olddon. Would you say he can make the step up well?

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

19 tries and 51 conversions for him this season, which puts him (just) at the top of our scoring charts. Awesomely quick, and the chasedown of Calderwood (he can be seen crossing the deadball line before turning to chase down) is one of the best things I've seen in a long time (although, the chase of the South Wales winger was just as good, even coming from the opposite wing). Nurtured well, he will rip teams apart.

There is no doubt the kid is fast but to use the clip of him catching Calderwood is misleading as Calderwood was making one of his first matches for some time on returning to semi-pro RL and was knackered after running 30 metres. If you notice the 30 something is like running through treacle and waiting to be tackled and time has caught up with Mark.. To be honest I never noticed the kid again in that match that Town won 45 - 18 after being 18 - nil down!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

There is no doubt the kid is fast but to use the clip of him catching Calderwood is misleading as Calderwood was making one of his first matches for some time on returning to semi-pro RL and was knackered after running 30 metres. If you notice the 30 something is like running through treacle and waiting to be tackled and time has caught up with Mark.. To be honest I never noticed the kid again in that match that Town won 45 - 18 after being 18 - nil down!!!!

Daryl Powell obviously noticed him Keith;

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Daryl Powell obviously noticed him Keith;

Correct, but not so obviously from that match. As I said the kid is fast.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

No doubt you will see him again next year, running in our 16th try against Worky :P
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#19 olddon

olddon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

#20 olddon

olddon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

Definitley he will be good for you he probably would have played for us in the championship next he was loved by fans here you got a good un yearhttp://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438941

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users