Photo
- - - - -

Leigh V Sheffield.Thurs 7.30

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Extra Time

1. Leigh To Win (10 votes [47.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

2. Sheffield To Win (11 votes [52.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

3. Leigh A.E.T. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Sheffield A.E.T. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

The pundits last year said "you need to lose a Grand Final to win one" so I hope that doesnt come back to haunt us by Sheffield beating Leigh.

Sheffield were again surprise winners at Fax and were very impressive but Leigh will be aware of this happening again.

I am going for a Home win as I think this will be the only difference between the sides.

Leigh 27-20 Sheffield

Attendance - 1580 ( shared gate syndrome)
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Henderson suspended. Golden doubtful. On top of their other injuries that makes leigh's job almost impossible. Sheffield by 2+ scores
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Henderson suspended. Golden doubtful. On top of their other injuries that makes leigh's job almost impossible. Sheffield by 2+ scores

I still think we have enough to beat them Robin, it will be tough though no doubt.

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hey Ian, I'll be shouting me head off for leigh. i really hope you do it on Thursday. being objective, im not convinced you have the ammo for their heavy artillery
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hey Ian, I'll be shouting me head off for leigh. i really hope you do it on Thursday. being objective, im not convinced you have the ammo for their heavy artillery

Must admit i am a bit worried Robin, but if we play to our potential i think we will just have enough to pull us through. Also thanks for your support Robin.

#6 Cush

Cush
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Im going for a leigh win by a tight margin and hoping Rowley has the tactical nounce to over come the missing player issues he might have..leigh by a score...

#7 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Henderson also out of final if Leigh make it.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#8 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

I will go for Leigh by 3.

Will be a tough game and hopefully take a bit out the tank of whoever we end up facing ;)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#9 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I will go for Leigh by 3.

Will be a tough game and hopefully take a bit out the tank of whoever we end up facing ;)

the tank!, even the army didn't bring one o them when we played em.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#10 febreze

febreze
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

im backing sheff
sheff 28 leigh 18

#11 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

im going for a leigh win by 14
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

2 good teams, i think home advantage might just swing it for Leigh.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#13 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Leigh to choke in penultimate game for second year in a row....only this time it wont be as close

Leigh 12 Sheff 37 (dg scored taking mick)

#14 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'll get a cracker up my arce for saying this but I think Sheff are favourites to win the GF this year, I am not being disloyal to our team but being objective. A team that can put 60 on us and then, at the business end of the season, put 54 past another team that had 60'd us must be in with a shout. I saw an interview with Daryll Powell after, I think, the Keighley game. Sheffield were the team he was intimating as being a very good team. They will be a totally different proposition to last year, should they get to the GF. Loathe him or love him, Menzie Yere is a constant thorne in the side of our side, he was conspicuous by his absence in last year's final and I believe will be a big factor in the possible success of the Eagles.

#15 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

I'll get a cracker up my arce for saying this but I think Sheff are favourites to win the GF this year, I am not being disloyal to our team but being objective. A team that can put 60 on us and then, at the business end of the season, put 54 past another team that had 60'd us must be in with a shout. I saw an interview with Daryll Powell after, I think, the Keighley game. Sheffield were the team he was intimating as being a very good team. They will be a totally different proposition to last year, should they get to the GF. Loathe him or love him, Menzie Yere is a constant thorne in the side of our side, he was conspicuous by his absence in last year's final and I believe will be a big factor in the possible success of the Eagles.

Andrew, Daryl said it's down to us. if we are on our game we will win, but he thinks both leigh and sheff are very dangerous. we must be at our best.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

The pundits last year said "you need to lose a Grand Final to win one" ......

I remember Steve McCormack saying the same thing .....

Edited by Griff, 20 September 2012 - 08:41 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#17 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Andrew,
If we have a weakness, it is against a side with a good kicking game, and Sheffield are the best overall in this department, Brambani is average in general play but simply the best in kicking off the last tackle. But they are experts at 40/20's and the big kick upfield to keep us pinned near our line, and not as good as Fax with those little grubbers into our in-goal area. So I think our pack will be good enough to progress out of our own half, and I also feel that Maloney will be so pumped up for his final match, that he will surpass his display against Leigh.
I hope Leigh win though, I fear Sheffield more!

#18 micngill

micngill
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

18-0 Eagles after 30 mins!!!

#19 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

They are red hot again. I am praying that Mr Roby doesn't referee the final.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#20 carlbd9016

carlbd9016
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Eagles are on fire again, they look very potent in attack. Talk about peaking at the right time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users