Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Buy A Brick

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: How Much To Pay (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Preferred Cost

1. £100 (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

2. £50 (10 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Voted £30 (17 votes [56.67%])

Percentage of vote: 56.67%

4. Other, please state in topic (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

At last night's fans forum meeting it was asked if it was possible to start a "buy A brick " scheme.

The idea is to have your or a relative's name immortalised on a brick within the new stand or a wall at the ground.

Initially via facebook there is lots of interest so I thought it a good idea to gauge fans opinion and interest on the forum.

Apparently the last occasion it was launched the bricks cost £30 so I don't think fifty or 30 is far off.

At £50 it could be exclusive to 2012 members which would raise approximately 100, 000 which apparently is the cost to level the playing pitch.

Your thoughts please or any other new or old ideas that could be used
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

last time we did this i bought 3. on one of them the name was mis-spelt, i'm still waiting for it to be put right.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 Ackydave

Ackydave
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'd be up for it.

Not sure which would be best. I'd favour £30 given the current financial state the country's in but would go along with the majority

#4 matthew parkin

matthew parkin
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

I would buy a couple to name my dad and granddad in the ground

#5 matthew parkin

matthew parkin
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

Forgot the cost either £30 or £50

#6 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

i think we should go for mitch stringer, oh sorry, it says brick. beg your pardon.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

I went for abottle of wine at the Airdale mini Tesco last night. I was wearing my Fev shirt, and I almost bought a brick right around my swede.

#8 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

Just spoken to Craig Poskitt and he would like as many opinions as possible as to what people think a good price is to charge for the bricks and he will try and sit down to discuss the idea next week.

Keep it rolling and post if you would buy any bricks and your preferred price.

Has anyone heard of anymore ideas that supporters at other sports clubs have used ?

The board are doing a fantastic job at the moment which for the majority of Fev fans is hard to believe after years of other clubs moving forward and us always struggling, so let's get behind them and show them it's appreciated.

Edited by Stratobill, 21 September 2012 - 01:33 PM.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#9 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Just spoken to Craig Poskitt and he would like as many opinions as possible as to what people think a good price is to charge for the bricks and he will try and sit down to discuss the idea next week.

Keep it rolling and post if you would buy any bricks and your preferred price.

Has anyone heard of anymore ideas that supporters at other sports clubs have used ?

The board are doing a fantastic job at the moment which for the majority of Fev fans is hard to believe after years of other clubs moving forward and us always struggling, so let's get behind them and show them it's appreciated.

I'd buy a brick. Price wise, I'd suggest £50 is about the limit of what I'd think was acceptable, especially if people might want to buy more than one for family, etc.

Other ideas wise (for fundraising), I reckon this is a cracking idea. http://www.giantsrl....er?sarah-taylor

I did raise it on here a good while ago, but I'm not sure if it ever got taken forward by anyone closer to the club than I am for consideration.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#10 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

I would buy some at £30.

I could build a nice wall if I got all the kids one each, how about a discount for a full wall ;)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#11 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Think it would be a good idea to price the first brick at. £x and then discount it a £5 for second another £5 for third up to minimum of £y for every additional one after that. Think people may buy more than one then

#12 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

£35 was the cost of the bricks the last time. It just depends how much money you want to raise. As JT suggests if you get the price of the bricks and minimum quantity then you can work out what to charge.
It wouldalso be good to have a small memorial garden somewhere in the ground where the plaques from the entrance could be relocated to then people would have somewhere to go and sit. It wouldn't have to be big but it could be something that fans could visit when down at the club.

Edited by Phil Stone, 21 September 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#13 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

£35 was the cost of the bricks the last time. It just depends how much money you want to raise. As JT suggests if you get the price of the bricks and minimum quantity then you can work out what to charge.
It wouldalso be good to have a small memorial garden somewhere in the ground where the plaques from the entrance could be relocated to then people would have somewhere to go and sit. It wouldn't have to be big but it could be something that fans could visit when down at the club.

Taking that a little bit further Phil. If there is a garden then the trees surrounding it could also be dedicated in Jubilee year along with dedications on the seats by way of plaques. I also mentioned to Craig that with Feisal's contacts a will and Power of Attorney service could be opened. From my experience so many people do not make a will and the ensuing mess is a nightmare. Instructions could be taken at the ground in straightforward English and converted into legal language by a solicitor. The fee would be competitive and go mostly to the club and the solicitor would be mostly recompensed by being the executor. People could also if they wished make a special bequest in their wills to the Rovers. I could organise this on an appointment basis at the ground if anybody thinks it is worthwhile.

#14 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'd buy 4 at £25 a brick. I think the hardest bit for the club is getting the price right. Ya need to make enough for it to be worthwhile but not too much and scare people off. Another consideration is the location, nobody wants to pay for summat that ya can't see easily. With all the building work going on i'm sure it will be easy to find a good location.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#15 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

www.etch-it.co.uk

Done a quick search and this company could be an option. What we need to do is raise the funds for the foundation as it's a registered charity and make sure we claim gift aid back from everyone then we maximise profits.

£50 For individuals and £100 for companies might be a good price. £100 for individuals is too much for people to fork out in the current climate.

I am happy to assist in organising it if required

Edited by Phil Stone, 23 September 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#16 roosterbooster

roosterbooster
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

I personnally wouldn't pay more than £50. I think if you price them at £30, then more people would buy more than 1.

#17 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Money is tight for most people at the moment so the cheaper option must be the best .If people knew where the wall was going to be built it could sway people to buy.Cheaper option could also persuade people to buy more bricks
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#18 Mr T

Mr T
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

£25 is about right, but if that's not viable then I like the idea of getting cheaper the more you buy (£30 each or 4 for £100?)

#19 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Will have trouble persuading the wife a 2nd time, they spelled her name wrong on the bricks at the Miller Gates, she wasn't to impressed. Got 2 new grandsons since the last "Buy a Brick" though, so I'll have them done.

#20 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Price was last night announced at £49.99 and available to order NOW at the club.

Initially there is 450 bricks available which will be installed at the ends of the new stand. If necessary other areas will be used so as much money can be raised as possible which will also ensure nobody will be disappointed.

Fantastic Christmas present for any Rovers supporter to have their name immortalised within the grounds of The Big Fellas Stadium for future generations to view.