RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Buy A Brick

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: How Much To Pay (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Preferred Cost

1. £100 (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

2. £50 (10 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Voted £30 (17 votes [56.67%])

Percentage of vote: 56.67%

4. Other, please state in topic (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Maximum 15 characters.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#22 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

15 Not maximum but there is a yet to be confirmed minimal cost for any extra characters according to Craig.

So this opens more options to putting more than 1 name per brick I.e. Mr n Mrs or include kids initials maybe
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#23 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

The Wall at Warrington looks very good with the coloured bricks could we have a blue and white wall??

http://www.etch-it.co.uk/project/26

Edited by bigjohn, 10 October 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#24 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Looks great but who would we feature in our picture ... Daryl Powell ?
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#25 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

http://feathers.rlst...oduct/BUYABRICK

Get your bricks ordered and get your name immortalised at the club

#26 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

15 Not maximum but there is a yet to be confirmed minimal cost for any extra characters according to Craig.

So this opens more options to putting more than 1 name per brick I.e. Mr n Mrs or include kids initials maybe

Do spaces between words count in the characters?

#27 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Yep
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#28 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

http://feathers.rlstore.co.uk/product/BUYABRICK

Get your bricks ordered and get your name immortalised at the club

Want one for my son Robert Smith, groundsman, haven't decided on wording yet, but book one for me provisionally. Colin Smith

#29 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

At last night's fans forum meeting it was asked if it was possible to start a "buy A brick " scheme.

The idea is to have your or a relative's name immortalised on a brick within the new stand or a wall at the ground.

Initially via facebook there is lots of interest so I thought it a good idea to gauge fans opinion and interest on the forum.

Apparently the last occasion it was launched the bricks cost £30 so I don't think fifty or 30 is far off.

At £50 it could be exclusive to 2012 members which would raise approximately 100, 000 which apparently is the cost to level the playing pitch.

Your thoughts please or any other new or old ideas that could be used

Can you tell me the format. I want one for Robert. Do I order at the shop, then collect and hold on to the brick until the building starts or is a list kept. If ordered Is payment due now or when construction begins?.

#30 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Can you tell me the format. I want one for Robert. Do I order at the shop, then collect and hold on to the brick until the building starts or is a list kept. If ordered Is payment due now or when construction begins?.

You don't get the brick personally, you just order it, and wait for the construction team/builders to start

Edited by Maureen T-k, 24 October 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#31 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Just visit the shop or office that's on the side of shop and they will sort out payment.

I was told that spaces count towards the 15 characters and it's not been confirmed yet how much extra characters cost .

#32 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

£35 was the cost of the bricks the last time. It just depends how much money you want to raise. As JT suggests if you get the price of the bricks and minimum quantity then you can work out what to charge.
It wouldalso be good to have a small memorial garden somewhere in the ground where the plaques from the entrance could be relocated to then people would have somewhere to go and sit. It wouldn't have to be big but it could be something that fans could visit when down at the club.

Phil wont be down at ground until 29th October around noon. If you are taking money at the shop then I will pay for brick. I want one in the name of 'Robert Smith' Please let me know if this is not a suitable time or if you are not the person to see. Colin

#33 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Colin,

I'll be at work on the 29th so won't be at the club but if you see Veronica in the office she can take your order.

#34 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

I know a Brick is a bit of a tradition but to me a Brick is associatied with Thick.....As someone who has always promoted Health & Safety .....Why don't you ask your great supporters to buy a Safety Barrier on the new terraces, and others can add name plaques all along it, just like park benches...x
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#35 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

I know a Brick is a bit of a tradition but to me a Brick is associatied with Thick.....As someone who has always promoted Health & Safety .....Why don't you ask your great supporters to buy a Safety Barrier on the new terraces, and others can add name plaques all along it, just like park benches...x

Also associated with buliding bridges and cementing relationships, as long as you're not stoned of course.

#36 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Colin,

I'll be at work on the 29th so won't be at the club but if you see Veronica in the office she can take your order.

Thanks Phil,
Seen Veronica and brick bought. Col.

#37 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thanks Phil,
Seen Veronica and brick bought. Col.

i've got one you could have had Col, but Rob would have to change his name to nostell
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#38 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

i've got one you could have had Col, but Rob would have to change his name to nostell

No OR you can keep that one, I am sure you have your prior-y-ities.

#39 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

now that cas have decided not to build the new stadium, when they redevelop wheldon rd, will they be having a "buy a plank" campaign, or have they already had one to raise the money for jordan tansey.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#40 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Just been down to buy my brick , hopefully there must be lots still to buy one to raise as much money as possible.

Ideal Christmas present for any fev fan that can't think of something to buy a loved one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users