RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Predictions for GF

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

My prediction is no kick off delay due to congestion and Tubby not to overly smile.

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Hope we can do it but we are going to have to be at our best Sheffield look good

Let's hope the Sheffield public turn up in numbers this time to support them they deserve it

#3 SLUGGY

SLUGGY
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

I predict that it will be Daryl Powells last game as coach at Fev before he moves back up to SL

#4 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

he won't be going to cas. you can't afford to pay millward off.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#5 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

I predict that it will be Daryl Powells last game as coach at Fev before he moves back up to SL

That would be disaster, Daryl's irreplaceable. The only one who could come close probably wouldn't come because of all the slagging off he gets from Fev fans. But then again, Tubby could only play well for Sheffield, would it be the same with coaching?

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

That would be disaster, Daryl's irreplaceable. The only one who could come close probably wouldn't come because of all the slagging off he gets from Fev fans. But then again, Tubby could only play well for Sheffield, would it be the same with coaching?

No-one's irreplaceable Steve. I was gutted when as a lad my first rugby hero moved to Salford. I remember so many at the time saying "Nashy is irreplaceable". We then won the league! Who knows what the future brings for any of us. I hope Daryl remains at Fev and takes us in to SL. But massive performers have left our club before and we're still here.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

My prediction is no kick off delay due to congestion and Tubby not to overly smile.

Are you making one in this year???For what it's worth, it won't come as any surprise that I agree with you about this years final. Shall we sit in the stand all on our own? :lol: :lol: :lol:

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

Are you making one in this year???For what it's worth, it won't come as any surprise that I agree with you about this years final. Shall we sit in the stand all on our own? :lol: :lol: :lol:

waldorf and stadtler
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#9 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

waldorf and stadtler

Lol. I am mate, I will be going with Rich. We ought to wear camouflage or join the witness protection scheme, so we don't get our heads kicked in. Robin do you think that we would be the easiest people to disguise?

#10 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

he won't be going to cas. you can't afford to pay millward off.

I told him the rumour on Wed Dale and his reply was "no i wont be going to Cas"

#11 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

I predict Lowfield will get his shirt off and go home covered in bruises!
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#12 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

I predict a riot. Well, handbags again at some point. :rolleyes: :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#13 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Please, please ,please do not let us come away empty handed again. Its getting to be a bore. Sheffield coming good at the right time and we will have to be at the top of our game from the word "go".. One or two have had quiet games of late and there will be no room for hiding.

#14 carlbd9016

carlbd9016
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Does anyone know if the QLT tackle was put on report last night?

#15 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Does anyone know if the QLT tackle was put on report last night?

Don't think so. It doesn't really seem to make much difference though, it can still be reffered to the disciplinary by the match review panel. That said I can't see it being any more than a caution at worst & imho it wouldn't be worthy of any more than that.

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

It was put on report. I'd be amazed if any further action was taken

#17 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

it high, it was late, it was deliberate, but you're probably right. nfa.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

I didn't think it was high OR. he was indeed a week late but the hit was high on the chest rocking his abdomen and head backards - or at least that's how i saw it in slo mo.

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I didn't think it was high OR. he was indeed a week late but the hit was high on the chest rocking his abdomen and head backards - or at least that's how i saw it in slo mo.

it matters not mate, cept maybe to McNally who is probably still a bit sore.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#20 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

He did go down like Monica lowinski tho Dave.
His histrionics at leigh faking being clobbered by kainy still sticks in my mind. A part of his game i abhor and which kainy threatened to give him something to really drop to the floor for!!!
Im not saying he didn't feel the hit by qlt, but he did the starfish bit very well.
Like you say, it matters not what we think.

Edited by Robin Evans, 21 September 2012 - 06:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users