Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Predictions for GF

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 gettingold

gettingold
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Robin i still think Peter Fox is God and Steve Nash was Gods right hand Man along with the likes of jimmy thompson, charlie stone, john newlove etc

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Oh nashy was the greatest ever player to pull on a shirt on planet ginger. without any doubt whatsoever! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

The longevity of which he played for GB is testament to what a great player he was in that key position. My one regret with Steve Nash is that I only ever saw him in a poor Salford team and an equally poor GB team toward the very end of his career. He actually played against us in our winning cup run of 83.

#24 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Was that his last season vausey?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#25 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Was that his last season vausey?

No mate, it was the last season that he played for GB, Oct 82 v Aussies at Boothferry park, Sterling reamed him that day unfortunately and drew the curtain on his international career. Domestically he played one more season, I remember going to the Willows in Jan/Feb 84 we beat Salford narrowly and he was playing that day. But the next season 84/85 he was gone. Salford were in the second div then but they beat us in a CC prelim game, they had a young lad called Darren Bloor playing scrum half by then.

#26 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Robin i still think Peter Fox is God and Steve Nash was Gods right hand Man along with the likes of jimmy thompson, charlie stone, john newlove etc

You're not that old then Old Lad, what about Don Fox & Joe Mullaney, followed by Carl Dooler & Ivor Lingard. If Lingard hadn't gone to Oz, no-one would have heard of Hardisty & Hepworth!

#27 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,506 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

That would be disaster, Daryl's irreplaceable. The only one who could come close probably wouldn't come because of all the slagging off he gets from Fev fans. But then again, Tubby could only play well for Sheffield, would it be the same with coaching?

it wouldn't be a disaster IF it happened. It would be th end of an era and the start of a new one whoever his eventual succesor might be.
Enjoy what you have got, and have had in recent years. I sure am.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#28 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

I predict a fairly comfortable win. Honestly cant see otherwise. Hope its a good game and atmosphere, wish Leigh had got there instead.
Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#29 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

Salford were in the second div then but they beat us in a CC prelim game, they had a young lad called Darren Bloor playing scrum half by then.

Cracking memory again mate. I can also remember the Salford game because my Dad told me about all about the famous cup runs. So every year I would wait excited for the cup and the prelimanary defeat still sticks in my mind.

I also remember that Darren Bloor got the man of the match. I did not go to the game but went to the Cup final that year. They would print the results and man of the match for every round in the program. Great memories I used to love going to the cup final.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#30 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

He did go down like Monica lowinski tho Dave.
His histrionics at leigh faking being clobbered by kainy still sticks in my mind. A part of his game i abhor and which kainy threatened to give him something to really drop to the floor for!!!
Im not saying he didn't feel the hit by qlt, but he did the starfish bit very well.
Like you say, it matters not what we think.

I agree about mcnally making the most of it Robin, but I would say intent wise it was bad, if not the actual end result. Ball had long gone and mcnally will have been relaxed, he did not just move into him, he jumped in with the shoulder into the the chest and although not conecting went through with his arm. Not a lot of damage but a fair bit of intent to put in a very late challenge. I think he will get one game reduced to nothing for his early plea :rolleyes:

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users