Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Sheffield.Sun30th.4.30pm

Grand Final Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Grand Final Prediction (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Be Championies 2012

1. Featherstone To Win (34 votes [82.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.93%

2. Voted Sheffield To Win (6 votes [14.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

3. Featherstone After E.Time (1 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

4. Sheffield After E.Time (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 K.Loxton

K.Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Totally disagree with this comment i mean we have got kainy,briggs,ellis,finn and hepworth and your saying he goes for defensive players and not skillful and exciting players? IMO when these guys are at the top of their game they are the best backs in our league by a country mile.

In 2012 against the lower teams the above players did shine at times but when we play the likes of Leigh, Fax, Batley, Sheff then it's very rare that we see a length of the field exciting try scored by Fev. When other teams break our line we can't catch them because we're too slow...BARGE BARGE BARGE and lets wait to see if the opposition tire and when they don't we have no plan 'B'!

We need some pace from full back when we're returnig the ball because at the moment I'm sorry to say but jogging the ball back into the oppositions defensive line just isn't good enough!
No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.
"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

#42 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

In 2012 against the lower teams the above players did shine at times but when we play the likes of Leigh, Fax, Batley, Sheff then it's very rare that we see a length of the field exciting try scored by Fev. When other teams break our line we can't catch them because we're too slow...BARGE BARGE BARGE and lets wait to see if the opposition tire and when they don't we have no plan 'B'!

We need some pace from full back when we're returnig the ball because at the moment I'm sorry to say but jogging the ball back into the oppositions defensive line just isn't good enough!

I totally agree with everything in your post we do need pace maybe ellis lamont and this kid from donny will inject the pace into the team.Because lamont and that kid from donny look realy quick and we all know what ellis brings so maybe you will get your wish for next season ;)

#43 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

How do Sheffield afford to field a better team than Fev?

I dont think theyve paid to win the title - more like the players at the club have been offered a challenge of trying to beat the ''best'' by a club that had a chance of winning things at the start of the season, surely thats more of an inspiring challenge of becoming the best than defending being the best?

#44 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

I dont think theyve paid to win the title - more like the players at the club have been offered a challenge of trying to beat the ''best'' by a club that had a chance of winning things at the start of the season, surely thats more of an inspiring challenge of becoming the best than defending being the best?

Also, perhaps the lower paid individuals collectively made a better team, or at least they did yesterday. ;)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#45 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

could someone please explain to me why James Lockwood got so little game time was he injured because i didnt see him do anything wrong during his short time on the pitch intersted as i know the lad and he looked prity down beat to say the least thanks
chappy

#46 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Same thing happened in the semi 20 mins and never returned

Lockwood for me is better from the bench than starting, think the starting props were wrong but it worked that way in the semi with that combination

I wouldve started Dickens and Maloney who were outstanding in the semi

#47 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

could someone please explain to me why James Lockwood got so little game time was he injured because i didnt see him do anything wrong during his short time on the pitch intersted as i know the lad and he looked prity down beat to say the least thanks

I dont think there was anything wrong with him i could be wrong myself though.But DP as the attitude of get are big men on for as long as we can when were in trouble dont know why but thats the vibe ive got off him through out the season.

#48 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

really think Locky is a second row played his best games at dewsbury in that position finding the openings wider out and scored some impresive tries with his step and pace the lads confidence looked shot to me when he came back on
chappy

#49 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

really think Locky is a second row played his best games at dewsbury in that position finding the openings wider out and scored some impresive tries with his step and pace the lads confidence looked shot to me when he came back on

I'd tend to agree. I think he can do (and has done) a good job at prop, but he looks more natural as a second rower.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#50 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

he may move to 2nd row when crossley gets here.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#51 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

How do Sheffield afford to field a better team than Fev?

Is it just about who pays most money to players ? :mellow:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#52 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Certainly isn't Griff.

Congratulations yesterday, superb win for you.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#53 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Certainly isn't Griff.

Congratulations yesterday, superb win for you.

Thanks - I hope everyone managed to take some enjoyment from the day.

#54 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

It was an exceptional performance Griff and a fully deserved win. Enjoy the moment.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#55 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Well done Sheffield, excellent finish to the season,no complaints from me on the day.

#56 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

I certainly did. Might not have got the outcome I wanted, but I saw a great game, and superb advertisment for the Champioship as a whole. :)

Please view my photos.

#57 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

I certainly did. Might not have got the outcome I wanted, but I saw a great game, and superb advertisment for the Champioship as a whole. :)

Exactly.

The game needs losers. Because without losers, there are no winners.

#58 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Aye, great day despite the result.

Congratulations.

Cummins Out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users