Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lens fc test match confirmed

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

It's at Craven Park?! Really?! When was that announced?

In fact, when was any of it announced? I have no idea what's happening after the GF. I'm a keen RL follower, how are the passive fans meant to know if the keen followers don't?!

It's in the French press released that was linked to at the start of the thread. England v France November 3rd at Craven Park and the final November 10 at Salford City Stadium.

Hope someone tells the England side because according to http://www.englandrl.co.uk/ , the next fixture is October 26 against Australia, and they are also playing Ireland on November 2nd!

Edited by foozler, 22 September 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#22 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Just seen something on Twitter suggesting this tournament's going to be on the BBC. Interesting.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#23 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

On the French federation website, there's going to be a high speed train put on for supporters from Avignon to Lens stopping at Lyon, a day return ticket will cost 175 euro with a match ticket, they need 500 supporters or it won't run!

Don't think there'll be many takers!

#24 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Booked my Eurostar tickets. Few days in France and a game of league - can't beat it.

#25 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

€175?!
Posted Image

#26 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

€175?!

Might drive four hours from Carcassonne to Avignon then jump on the train with the wife and two kids! Cheap day out, and all that to watch a French team made up of elite 1 players!

#27 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Atleast they're trying to get supporters up there, but the price is massive for a day trip!

#28 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

£139 return from Wakefield Westgate to Lens, via Kings Cross, St Pancras International & Lille!

#29 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

On the French federation website, there's going to be a high speed train put on for supporters from Avignon to Lens stopping at Lyon, a day return ticket will cost 175 euro with a match ticket, they need 500 supporters or it won't run!

Don't think there'll be many takers!

maybe another fromToulouse while we're at it ?

#30 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

175 Euro is a lot, but we in the UK sometimes forget how large a country France is. Avignon-Lens is about the same distance as Aberdeen to London - to commission a train over that distance is quite an effort.

My day-trip from Brussels will set me back about 45 euros. As I've mentioned, would be happy to meet up with any TRLers dans le coin, hopefully in Le McEwans pub that was my stomping ground* back in the day.

*As in, I used to do the quiz in there on a Thursday night and get lifts home from very drunk French people.

Edited by Just Browny, 29 September 2012 - 08:26 AM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#31 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Atleast they're trying to get supporters up there, but the price is massive for a day trip!

absolute joke ! - 700€ for a family of four with petrol to Avignon plus meals etc ! Larrat is really taking the juice !

#32 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Says the same in the independent this morning, and he'd like a super league in 2014!

#33 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Good idea by the president of lens, he's showing the. Football clubs away match on the big screen in the stadium before the match! Might get few new people interested! Hope so as the Catalans wave of new interest is dieing off a little,

#34 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Just had a good chat with my friend Bernard the fed are hoping for a minimum of 12/15000

CM

what, french RL fans travelling from the south to the north or locals getting in on freebies ?

Edited by oiseau, 29 September 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#35 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

It's mainly about playing numbers in the perpignan area is starting to drop, also the people further afield who would have gone to the game now prefer to stay at home and watch it on tv,

#36 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

It's mainly about playing numbers in the perpignan area is starting to drop, also the people further afield who would have gone to the game now prefer to stay at home and watch it on tv,

well, i'll be going to support the lads but it's still a 7 hour trek from Limoges - I believe a few from the heartlands are flying up to Charleroi

#37 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,981 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Tbh Odsal would be better for a summer international v Aus

:D
Have you seen our summers? Less chance of freezing to death in Autumn.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#38 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

French squad for the game

LES 30 :
1 BAITIERI Jason - Dragons Catalans
2 BARTHAU William - Dragons Catalans
3 BEMBA Romaric - AS Carcassonne
4 BENTLEY Andrew - Pia
5 BENTLEY Kane - Pia
6 BOSC Thomas - Dragons Catalans
7 BOUSQUET Julian - St Estève-XIII Catalan
8 CARDACE Damien - Dragons Catalans
9 CASTY Rémi - Dragons Catalans
10 DUPORT Vincent - Dragons Catalans
11 ELIMA Olivier - Bradford Bulls en 2012 (Dragons en 2013)
12 FAKIR Jamal - Dragons Catalans
13 FERRIOL David - Dragons Catalans
14 GIGOT Tony - SO Avignon
15 GRIFFI Mathieu -FC Lézignan
16 GUASCH David - St Estève-XIII Catalan
17 LARROYER Kevin - St Estève-XIII Catalan
18 MARIA Antoni - St Estève-XIII Catalan
19 MASSELOT Samy - Toulouse Olympique
20 MOUNIS Grégory - Dragons Catalans
21 PALA Mathias - St Estève-XIII Catalan
22 PELISSIER Eloi - Dragons Catalans
23 PLANAS Sébastien - Toulouse
24 RAGUIN Sébastien - Dragons Catalans
25 ROBIN Stanislas - St Estève-XIII Catalan
26 SADAOUI Teddy - AS Carcassonne
27 SIMON Mickael - Dragons Catalans
28 SOUBEYRAS Clément - Pia
29 STACUL Cyril - Dragons Catalans
30 TISSEYRE Yoan - FC Lézignan

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#39 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

The french promotional video for the game can be found here.
http://www.dailymoti...0-10-2012_sport
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#40 Jeffles

Jeffles
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

I doubt there will be a big crowd, even with all the freebies. But if the FFR13 are guaranteed to have their costs covered, the game is on TV and a new audience is exposed to RL, it won't be the worst thing in the world.

Personally, I'd love to see the Australian play an end of season Test match v France in the northern region. Lens (and Lille) are very close to Fromelles, where the Battle of Fromelles took place. Along with Villers-Brettenoux, there was a substantial loss of Australian lives, including many early Rugby League pioneers. Newtown's captain and NSW representative, Herbert Bolt lost his life at Fleurbaix. I think an Australia v France match in that region would be an excellent way to acknowledge and commemorate the sacrifices they made. 2016 would be good as it would be near the 100th anniversary but if it is one year out before the RLWC, the Aussies won't travel :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users