Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Raiders Presentation Night

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Surprised this hasn't already been mentioned.....

The Raiders Awards Evening will take place on FRIDAY EVENING  12th OCTOBER AT THE NINE'S.

TICKETS ARE £5.00 and can be purchased from the Rugby Shop Scott Street Barrow.

Tickets are on sale now and are sure to sell out fast so don't wait. Buy your tickets now to be part ot this great celebration.

ITS GOING TO BE A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

#2 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

The Raiders Awards Evening will take place on FRIDAY EVENING 12th OCTOBER AT THE NINE'S.

Tickets are on sale now and are sure to sell out fast so don't wait. Buy your tickets now to be part ot this great celebration.

Why. Are you going to let everyone know who you are?
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#3 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

If there is tickets left i,ll be going (bob Jefferson)

#4 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

First I have heard about it...no invites for the sponsors yet...

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#5 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

First I have heard about it...no invites for the sponsors yet...

Unfortunately the "director" at the club who deals with sponsors as you well know has no man management skills and is constantly losing us sponsorship.

Maybe man management is the wrong word, but you know what I mean.

Edited by Flaming balls, 23 September 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#6 Gaffo

Gaffo
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

The director you are on about puts more hours a week than most people put into there jobs and doesn't get paid a penny for what he does. He purely does it for barrow raiders. He is the hardest working director on there

Edited by Gaffo, 23 September 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#7 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

FB. How do you know he is losing us sponsors. I hope the directors don't get put off by what some small minded people write on here. They do a lot of hard work for the love of the club. I'm sure if you went down to the ground they would find something for you to do. If your not willing to do that, shut the ###### up and stop moaning.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#8 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

I agree he did a fantastic job this season and is on top of it for the next. I'm sure he has everything organised for the presentation night and will be contacting all sponsors soon. There was no critism ment on my part other than it would have been nice to receive an invite once the venue was agreed.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#9 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

The director you are on about puts more hours a week than most people put into there jobs and doesn't get paid a penny for what he does. He purely does it for barrow raiders. He is the hardest working director on there

That maybe true but I can guarantee you 150% we are losing sponsorship because him.

#10 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

FB. How do you know he is losing us sponsors. I hope the directors don't get put off by what some small minded people write on here. They do a lot of hard work for the love of the club. I'm sure if you went down to the ground they would find something for you to do. If your not willing to do that, shut the ###### up and stop moaning.

Why do you feel the need to swear? It's not big and it's not clever.

#11 D11 WNK

D11 WNK
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

FB we have no idea who you are and you have no idea what The Directors do to run the club. It is an easy excuse for anyone to turn down sponsorship by saying they dislike a particular person. If they supported the club they would sponsor the club if they could afford it. Like Livo says stop moaning and get down the club helping.

#12 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

FB we have no idea who you are and you have no idea what The Directors do to run the club. It is an easy excuse for anyone to turn down sponsorship by saying they dislike a particular person. If they supported the club they would sponsor the club if they could afford it. Like Livo says stop moaning and get down the club helping.

No not at all. Would you put money into a service if the service provider was rubbish? No you wouldn't. He needs to realise that the sponsor is "giving" the club money and treat them better.

It's up to him to make sure they get "value" for money. If not they go else where and a lot are doing. It needs sorting out and addressing.

For instance the presentation night, previous years sponsors. It doesn't happen.

#13 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

The Raiders Awards Evening will take place on FRIDAY EVENING 12th OCTOBER AT THE NINE'S.

What time does it actually start?, I have looked all over but none of the posters ect have the start time on :o

#14 Holty Snr

Holty Snr
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

7.30pm

#15 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Just another point re the Presentation Evening (apart from it being a great night out among like minded people) every penny raised this evening will be going straight into the Development Fund and will be earmarked to go towards the new floodlights.

7.30 start.

Posted Image

#16 Gaffo

Gaffo
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Should be a good night can't wait.

#17 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Can somebody keep us updated please. I couldn't make tonight as I'm not home till tomorrow.

#18 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

I bought my tickets but couldn't make it last night, anyone got an update on who won what?

Thanks

#19 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Liam Harrison won 5 awards , player of the year players player of the year supporters player of the year evening mail player of the year
and the Yorkie coyle award,Karen scar won club person of the year

#20 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

so has he signed yet as well ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users