Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Junior Membership

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 roosterbooster

roosterbooster
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

I've seen the recent publicity about the new Junior Membership and just have a couple of questions:

What age is the upper limit for membership?

Is this completely different to a junior season ticket? I understand from the recent advert that membership gets you a junior season ticket, but can you get a season ticket without becoming a member?

Can you become a member without attending the 'launch'?

#2 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

The membership is basically a season ticket with added extras, so I would say that would mean no you cannot just get a season ticket. You can buy mebership after the launch night, its just to launch it.
As for upper limit not sure but I would think it is 16, and if that is the case then I would think the club should look at making it attractive to teens, as at the minute it does look like its aimed at younger supporters.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#3 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Have to agree it does look like its for the younger end not say a 15 year old

Will the new membership also allow the junior into the away matches like they do now ?

#4 roosterbooster

roosterbooster
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

As for upper limit not sure but I would think it is 16, and if that is the case then I would think the club should look at making it attractive to teens, as at the minute it does look like its aimed at younger supporters.

Exactly my point. My son is 15 this year but can see him being put off by a 'Billy and Bella' (whatever they're called) membership card/season ticket.

It's still a bargain though - and am considering wearing short school trousers and pretending I am a 'yoot' to try and get one :wacko:
*shudders*

Edited by roosterbooster, 23 September 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#5 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Won't they be doing the family ticket this year? That was excellent value, it was cheap enough to get them for the kids next door if you don't have your own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users