Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Justin Lee Collins

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,115 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I reckon his media career is on the line.

http://www.telegraph...r-notebook.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#2 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Dude has issues.
Fides invicta triumphat

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

The most random line ever:

A party of schoolchildren on a field trip was sitting in the public gallery. Half left during the prosecution opening.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

I reckon his media career is on the line.

http://www.telegraph...r-notebook.html

I hope so. Why should yet another talentless unfunny fool profit fom our licence fee?

#5 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

I hope so. Why should yet another talentless unfunny fool profit fom our licence fee?

Collins really isn't known for his work for the BBC. In any case, the BBC is a public service broadcaster. There should be a range of broadcasts catering for different tastes and needs, not just mine, or yours.
Fides invicta triumphat

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

agree entiirely, which is why I watch George Galloway and Kelvin Mackenzie on Question Time. Collins used to be on Bbc 3 or 4 if i recall and i am sure he would not want to be remembered for that.

Andy Kershaw did time i think for stalking his ex wife.Hes back sponging off the licence fee, too.

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Andy Kershaw did time i think for stalking his ex wife.Hes back sponging off the licence fee, too.

Andy Kershaw's story is a smidgen more complicated than that.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#8 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Collins used to be on Bbc 3 or 4 if i recall and i am sure he would not want to be remembered for that.

He did the first series of a Strictly Come Dancing spin off on BBC 3 but got the boot as Brucie didn't get on with him. That said, the vast majority of his money was made from Channel 4/5/Sky.

The whole story is just wierd, odd as even thought he does annoy people, he did come across as a nice genuine bloke especially in the documentary stuff he did. Guess you can never tell what goes on behind closed doors.

Edited by Amber Avenger, 27 September 2012 - 08:21 AM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#9 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,009 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

agree entiirely, which is why I watch George Galloway and Kelvin Mackenzie on Question Time. Collins used to be on Bbc 3 or 4 if i recall and i am sure he would not want to be remembered for that.

He has a job as a DJ. Whilst it's quite a cushy number, how is it sponging exactly? :unsure:

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#10 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Justin Lee Collins isn't the best advert for Bristolians, to be honest. All his programmes seem to be rubbish ideas extending to an hour.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#11 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,175 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

He did the first series of a Strictly Come Dancing spin off on BBC 3 but got the boot as Brucie didn't get on with him. That said, the vast majority of his money was made from Channel 4/5/Sky.

The whole story is just wierd, odd as even thought he does annoy people, he did come across as a nice genuine bloke especially in the documentary stuff he did. Guess you can never tell what goes on behind closed doors.

Correct me if I am wrong but he hasn't been found guilty yet and we've only heard one side. That said it doesn't sound good.

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,460 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but he hasn't been found guilty yet and we've only heard one side.

True, but it is some pretty weird-sounding stuff.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#13 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

The most random line ever:

A party of schoolchildren on a field trip was sitting in the public gallery. Half left during the prosecution opening.

ahaha was just about to post the same thing

#14 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but he hasn't been found guilty yet and we've only heard one side. That said it doesn't sound good.

True, I genuinely wasn't indicating he was guilty, but I guess even if this all the information given so far turns out to be false it still indicates a less than healthy relationship for the story to be told in the first place, which is more the point I'm getting at.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#15 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Justin Lee Collins isn't the best advert for Bristolians, to be honest.

I can't think of anything that would be a good advert for Bristol.

Apart from the Sonics of course.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#16 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,009 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

He should be in the dock for that ridiculous hairstyle alone. But with a beard too?

Throw away the key.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

If this is a court case, how comes the paper can report detailed stuff? Is that usually the case? I thought secrecy was paramount with the jury, etc.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

How many stars have ad there careers finished with bad press and courts.......John Leslie,Matthew Kelly,Michael Barrymore....anymore to ad and i think all were found not guilty......

#19 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

If this is a court case, how comes the paper can report detailed stuff? Is that usually the case? I thought secrecy was paramount with the jury, etc.

The judge can say what can and can't be reported outside court but the general rule is usually that if it's alleged in court or in papers presented to the court then it can be reported.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#20 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

The slapping part is the line crossed. He has massive insecurities and needs counselling and some help. (speaking from experience of this but not as severe).i don't think his career will be over as if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known.Point being it's not setting the world alight.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users