Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rams and Bulls announce link-up (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#1 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Stuart Duffy told a supporters meeting at the Bulls last night that they were looking to link up with having Dewsbury Rams as a feeder club.

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

If it means we get afew decent lads on season long contracts then it cant be too bad but feeder club we dont want to be which imsure we wont be. Glenns still going to sign his own players and anyplayers we do receieve from the Bulls must be on seasonlong loans if possible, not a clutch of dual reg players who come and go everyweek because that is what we certainly dont want as it will not help us onebit becoming the Bulls reserves team! It would also lose us fans as why would us fans want to support the Bulls reserve team?

If its 2 or 3 players a season, which imsure is what it will be, like we had Singleton and Hood last season from Leeds then i dont see it been a big problem aslong as they stay the majority if not all of the season....

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 27 September 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#3 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

If it means we get afew decent lads on season long contracts then it cant be too bad but feeder club we dont want to be which imsure we wont be. Glenns still going to sign his own players and anyplayers we do receieve from the Bulls must be on seasonlong loans if possible, not a clutch of dual reg players who come and go everyweek because that is what we certainly dont want as it will not help us onebit becoming the Bulls reserves team! It would also lose us fans as why would us fans want to support the Bulls reserve team?

If its 2 or 3 players a season, which imsure is what it will be, like we had Singleton and Hood last season from Leeds then i dont see it been a big problem aslong as they stay the majority if not all of the season....

Personally I don't want us to be associated with any one SL team, If dual reg or loan becomes necessary, I would prefer the coach to be able to choose from available players at any club able to fill our player requirements. What makes duffy think we'd want to be tied to a club that's on parole anyway ? Tommy G has a job with the warriors hasn't he ? lets get in bed with them if it's necessary.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

I like the link and assume you will take the nickname of both clubs and combine them to make

"bull-######"

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

I like the link and assume you will take the nickname of both clubs and combine them to make

"bull-######"

Lets hope we dont merge with the dogs then. B)

#6 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

@OLLOCKS no way will be a feeder club.The more the boards try to force it the more it will be resented.

#7 Deputy Dog

Deputy Dog
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thought you were already Fev's feeder club?

#8 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

I think it's just a few first teamers that don't make first team on game day, don't think its a case of us being bulls reserve squad.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Don't be fooled.

It'll be the crumbs they throw you.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Don't be fooled.

It'll be the crumbs they throw you.

Hmm maybe, I tend to read the local newspaper on a Friday in the school library and I think it was the press that said that.

Edited by Kelsey The Ram, 30 September 2012 - 07:43 PM.

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#11 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

A few years ago we were supposed to link with the Bulls, but it was no more than running the lottery and a per-season friendly. Can't see this amounting to much.

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

A few years ago we were supposed to link with the Bulls, but it was no more than running the lottery and a per-season friendly. Can't see this amounting to much.

Wonder if they've told rochdale yet, who if memory serves correct, also had a special relationship with the bulls a couple of years back - fringe players to join them, promising young players being sent to learn the game with them blah de blah de blah - all bullocks. :angry:

#13 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

The big announcement Tom was talking about early this week looks to be this news,swapping players,able to use the Bulls training ground in Tong.Maybe even going Rams and Bulls games at reduced cost.I'm sure Tom will put on the official statement later.It had to happen sometime soon with the Bulls.Anyone going to be part time Bulls fans ? :o

#14 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

No. Better off merging with the Dogs to form another SL club

#15 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

The big announcement Tom was talking about early this week looks to be this news,swapping players,able to use the Bulls training ground in Tong.Maybe even going Rams and Bulls games at reduced cost.I'm sure Tom will put on the official statement later.It had to happen sometime soon with the Bulls.Anyone going to be part time Bulls fans ? :o

Another link up to go with the link up we already had ? Sharing players like Addy and erm...... Why on earth would we want to link up with a club that is on trial as far the SL are concerned? It's like Britain aligning it'self with the Greek economy. :huh: Wonder if we'll get discounted curries as bradbury ticket holders B)

#16 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Click here to read the Rams' press release.

Click here to read the Bulls' press release.

#17 potato ram

potato ram
  • Coach
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

So in 12 months Bradford could be announcing their own link up with a superleague club.

#18 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Glenn will be chatting about the new link up on Yorkshire Radio at around 10.40am. Click here to tune in.

#19 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Our own players could join bradford if they have ambitions of SL?

Surely not in the middle of the season? This will be at the end of the season yeah?

If so the links not too bad but we dont want our best players joining bradford halfway through a season or for odd games, leaving us without keyplayers! That would be a disgrace. AND LOSE US FANS!!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 October 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#20 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

After all the positives that have been coming out of the club, I'm not convinced this a continuation of the positive vibe!?

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users