Photo
- - - - -

Rams and Bulls announce link-up (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#41 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Stopping my DREMA membership subscription after this month, having being among the first 12 to sign up for it around a decade ago. That club we are going to "synergise" with has been a cancer on the sport for too long.
Since the formation of the highly dubious league it has been at the forefront of, it has been wrongly held up as the paragon of how to run a modern club. When the time came that showed it was built on mud it was propped up by the corrupt, greedy and immoral individuals that run the top level of this sport.
I wish to play no part in propping it up further, financially or otherwise.

#42 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

All this is is S/L clubs saving money on there academy teams and using championship clubs to get the 23s in a environment to see if there good enough Lets see how you go on if it happened to my club I would walk away from the game it's not perfect now but this is just using the championship as a drop off for kids and injured first teamers in my opinion Good luck anyway

#43 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I dont see it been a problem at all aslong as we use it wisely. By that i mean like Leigh did off Warrington the other year getting Blythe and Mitchell for the majority of the season.

Glens got his own squad and wel have around 25 players signed up . If we get 2 or 3 more from bulls and use it wisely. Ie playing the majority of the season then i dont see it been a problem.

Were our own club....

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 October 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#44 silcoates

silcoates
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I agree with credit.Apart from a few s.l clubs there isn't enough money to be fully prof.The likes of Hethrington at Leeds couldn't give a fig about the lower leagues.Are we any closer to the Aussies?
Bring back the word RUGBY LEAGUE.PROMOTION AND RELIGATION and have proper pyramid.

#45 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

This isn't just about players, it's about morals. Everybody knows the Super Greed clubs will dump on whoever they have to as soon as cash is waved in front of them. Clubs outside it are now, at best, an afterthought. We can all see through this PR drivel - Cummins talking about "natural synergy". Glad he never became our coach, even Warren Jowitt was more succinct.
I hate it when people talk about the "rugby league family" because this simply does not exist any more. The game is more divided than it has ever been and yet this fact is continually glossed over by Sky TV and others.
This move is just making a widening split even wider and it is not surprising that people who care deeply about RL are talking of walking away. That's what happens when you get punched in the stomach one too many times.

Edited by creditwhereitsdews, 04 October 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#46 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

This is a disappointing move by the club and is just another nail into the coffin of RL below SL level. We are becoming a feeder club on the sly.

Not sure what Tom is getting paid to put his spin on the announcement but it hasn't fooled me.

We see once proud clubs like Oldham and Rochdale facing 9 home league fixtures against made up teams and now we are turning into Bradfords b1tch.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone with some clout could form a breakaway from SL and form a competition with some meaning??
Posted Image

#47 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

This isn't just about players, it's about morals. Everybody knows the Super Greed clubs will dump on whoever they have to as soon as cash is waved in front of them. Clubs outside it are now, at best, an afterthought. We can all see through this PR drivel - Cummins talking about "natural synergy". Glad he never became our coach, even Warren Jowitt was more succinct.
I hate it when people talk about the "rugby league family" because this simply does not exist any more. The game is more divided than it has ever been and it yet this fact is continually glossed over by Sky TV and others.
This move is just making a widening split even wider and it is not surprising that people who care deeply about RL are talking of walking away. That's what happens when you get punched in the stomach one too many times.

I couldn't have put it better myself

#48 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Clubs in football have links with other football clubs like we have formed with the bulls. It doesnt mean them clubs show a lack of ambition or isnt always a negative. i honestly can see the benefits,however i see why people arnt keen as SL clubs are only interested in themselves...

I do however think P AND R needs to come back ASAP for clubs who have ambition as its killing the sport

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 October 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#49 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I think the deal looks a good one not sure how it makes us a feeder club. We get pick of the players outside the first team I think the only question would be how is it week to week. Or long term I'd guess a mixture of both to keep both clubs happy.
I think we have gone too far to bring p and r back if you look at the practicalitys it just wouldn't be possible. I think you would need massive changes in the clubs and leagues before bringing p and r back. Despite a lack of p&r alot of clubs have had an increase in crowds ours included. I don't think it's killing the game.

Edited by Ramite, 04 October 2012 - 07:12 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#50 Simon Kerr

Simon Kerr
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

I know that most clubs seem to be linking up with SL teams, but the fact we have linked up with Bradford Bulls makes it 10 times worse.

I don't have an ounce of respect for that club and it will be interesting if they are demoted to the Championship in 2014, although not sure if that is still on the cards or not.

Assuming they are does that mean we will have to play in Champ 1?

Anyone, but Bradford... Thought a link up with Wakefield might have been on the cards, especially with Morrison at the helm now. I guess they will have Featherstone as their feeder club ;)

Edited by Simon Kerr, 04 October 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#51 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Wakey have a link up with Doncaster not sure if you can have two clubs.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#52 Simon Kerr

Simon Kerr
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Cheers Ramite I didn't know that.

Wonder which amateur team in Dewsbury we will link up with?
Posted Image

#53 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,504 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

The Championship strength is further weakened by the selfish SL clubs and the idiots running the game from Red Hall. The fact is SL clubs dont have enough money to do things properly so are looking at ways that can benefit them rather than help Championship clubs. When has Bradford ever done anything to help another club? Never as it only has its own interests at heart and that includes throwing free tickets away in surrounding areas instead of doing proper development work in its city. We now have a situation where the RFL and SL clubs now basically force themselves on Championship clubs and use and abuse them. Tom Coates can put spin on how this benefits everybody. In reality its just a further progression for Championship clubs to eventually become feeder clubs.

Thankfully my club Halifax are just about in a position to run their own academy and not be part of a SL twinning or whatever you want to call it. I believe Featherstone and Sheffield also have no intention to go down this twinning route. In my opinion the game is in a real mess with no real leadership or hope for the future. Nigel Wood and Ralph Rimmer have a dark shadow over their time running clubs- look what happened to Halifax and Sheffield with these two. The game is close to meltdown with every month now SL clubs making negative statements with Cas being the latest following on from the fiasco at Odsal. How on earth this club Bradford staed in SL with the way its carried on god knows but who cares as long as they prosper and Championship clubs are shoved further away. I hope things work out but from my knowledge they rarely do and only team to really benefit are the SL clubs with their hidden agendas.

To be fair to Tom he has to put spin on it and go with the flow as thats part of his job. But I wouldnt trust the RFL or any SL club despite what the official blah blah blah says. I hope Dewsbury and others can keep their identity and not allow any further erosion of being a fine proud club be eroded by others in the game

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard, 04 October 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#54 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Good post Lizard, totally agree.
Posted Image

#55 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Put it this way,if the benefit turns into us been a feeder club and we just sit there and let it happen me and alot more WILL walk away from the club and the game . The agreement as to be like tom says or it will lose us alot of fans...

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 October 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#56 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm not sure about the practicalities of this arrangement. Players picking up a game here or there is no use to the Rams. Disagree about Singleton esp last season he was excellent.

Not sure it will be much different to last season. Sure GM will not want to chop and change his team each week just depending on who the Bulls don't want. It will make keeping 24/25 Rams players happy even more difficult.

#57 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm not sure about the practicalities of this arrangement. Players picking up a game here or there is no use to the Rams. Disagree about Singleton esp last season he was excellent.

Not sure it will be much different to last season. Sure GM will not want to chop and change his team each week just depending on who the Bulls don't want. It will make keeping 24/25 Rams players happy even more difficult.

#58 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Exactly, Glens not going to weaken his own team by playing 8 Bulls a week. Hes doing this to benefit us with maybe 2 or 3 superleague players and give himself more players to choose from and good ones. I dont see why people have a massive problem with it. were our own team and club.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 October 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#59 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Looking a the basis of this arrangement from the SL clubs standpoint, if they simply reverted to running an age-unlimited age A Team system as before then the supposed logic of such developments would disappear.

Or am I just being too simplistic?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#60 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Am I the only one that remembers what happened to Bramley? What a success that was, in one of there last games we played them at Headingley with a team comprising of Barry McDermott (returning from injury), the Goulden twins and if memory serves Leroy Rivett. Do you reckon you will getting players of that quality turning out for you? Even if you did, would it make you a success? It certainly did Bramley a lot of good.

I cannot believe some of you are falling for the rubbish Bramley did. Do you honestly believe that if Bradford have an injury crisis, that your players won't playing at Odsal rather than Sham stadium???

Just how naive do you have to be to believe that history will not repeat itself? The barstewards in charge of the game have been trying to demolish the lower tiers since the inception of SL, remember the merger proposals? It seems some of you are just rolling out the welcome mat and all too pleased to see the end of the game outside SL.

Absolutely disgusted!!!

Edited by Pride & Heritage, 04 October 2012 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users