- - - - -

Morrison snares Morton

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Click here to check out the latest media release from Dewsbury Rams.

#2 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Click here to check out the latest media release from Dewsbury Rams.

Looks a good signing!

What would the chances be of signing Ritchie Hawkyard?

#3 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

I must say I like the way GM is going about his business.

One signing at a time, with no announcement until pen is put to papaer and with none of this 'so and so's coming'....'no he isn't'....'yes he is' type of speculation we have had before.

Looking forward to the next announcement.

#4 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

The next one is tomorrow. I'm going for a prop that played under gm at Wakefield
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#5 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Glen has played with and coached the lad so knows what he's taking on, was very much a first team regular in 2011, Glen seems like a very shrewd cookie.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Glen has played with and coached the lad so knows what he's taking on, was very much a first team regular in 2011, Glen seems like a very shrewd cookie.

You know your stuff Gary so I do hope that you're right.

Another interesting year ahead for Rams fans I reckon.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Been working away for a couple of days so been off here . A week ago i was a bit ( well more than a bit ) concerned that we were not moving quickly enough to boost the squad and that the squad we were heading for was going to be a bit " weak" to my mind but much has happened this week and i am aware of seven or eight more names in the mix and four or five of those are as near or dammit signed up . Be patient until the club make announcements and i think we can all be quietly confident of having a competetive squad with a good mix of experience and youth .
We will not in my opinion be winning the league as featherstone are blasting everybody out of the water with what they are spending but if we are competetive and entertaining and challenging for the playoffs then i will be happy .

ps , i have not heard jon grayshons name mentioned at all to quell that rumour .

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

We will not in my opinion be winning the league as featherstone are blasting everybody out of the water with what they are spending but if we are competetive and entertaining and challenging for the playoffs then i will be happy .

Yep,that would make me happy too.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

As I have not posted on here since my holiday, on the inaugural P&O cruise along Smithy Brook, I feel it is time for my comments to be aired.

It is my opinion that we should have allowed Paul Broadbent to be our coach, not another untried (at this level) team manager. Morrison was a great player and I did admire him, but what says he can do it in coaching? He says, I believe, that he has to prove himself this season; that's all well and good,but, what if he doesn't? I presume we search for yet another hopeful!
With the players he has acquired, has he recruited individuals, or is there a TEAM in the making? I hope the latter, but I am uncertain; okay we'll only know when we start playing.
He reckons we will play expansive rugby next season; that would be good to see, but I believe defence will win games, so I hope he will have that organised. No Patch Walker now remember and you couldn't criticise him for lack of tackling. Perhaps in the newcomers, we might find tacklers in the quality of Adrian Rushton, Gary Cocks and Richard Slater. (Maybe the latter can put on his boots again!?!)

I, like others, sincerely hope we can be competitive too.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#10 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

As I have not posted on here since my holiday, on the inaugural P&O cruise along Smithy Brook, I feel it is time for my comments to be aired.

It is my opinion that we should have allowed Paul Broadbent to be our coach, not another untried (at this level) team manager. Morrison was a great player and I did admire him, but what says he can do it in coaching? He says, I believe, that he has to prove himself this season; that's all well and good,but, what if he doesn't? I presume we search for yet another hopeful!
With the players he has acquired, has he recruited individuals, or is there a TEAM in the making? I hope the latter, but I am uncertain; okay we'll only know when we start playing.
He reckons we will play expansive rugby next season; that would be good to see, but I believe defence will win games, so I hope he will have that organised. No Patch Walker now remember and you couldn't criticise him for lack of tackling. Perhaps in the newcomers, we might find tacklers in the quality of Adrian Rushton, Gary Cocks and Richard Slater. (Maybe the latter can put on his boots again!?!)

I take it then that Broadbent was tried and tested at this level?

Record of achievement?

Played 3 won 1 lost 2

#11 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I think that's a bit unfair on pb he came here to give the club a coach to finish off the season and with the squad he had and the teams left to play who would have done any better in your opinion

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

By we do get some curmudgeons on this forum don't we?

:P

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

I think that's a bit unfair on pb he came here to give the club a coach to finish off the season and with the squad he had and the teams left to play who would have done any better in your opinion

You misunderstand me. The poster actually said that GM was an unproven coach at this level and I agree. But why does the poster think PB is a proven coach at this level and what track record is he basing it on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users