Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dallimore

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

So we have Matty, Now in the paper today Dallimore, who else are we gonna get who has already signed on the 1st of September for them crackpots, I can confirm Dallimore was in Bargain Madness on 1st September in Whitehaven and was signed for whitehaven with actually knowing similar to how matty did when he was paying for his meal in Casa Romana

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Hey if you use chip and pin in Whitehaven your automatically a haven player don't you know. Although dallimore has openly said on twitter he won't be signing for them and from the beginning didn't fancy them much. I think all efforts should be put into securing Brett carter now. Matty,stack,thacks,phillips,miller and carter were our top 6 performers this season and securing 5 of 6 is fantastic. So now let's make it 6 of 6. I would also like to see jase mossop signed up sharpish as well as a reward for a great year and loyal player

Edited by wonky, 28 September 2012 - 03:14 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Oh I think Thacks was way up there . His signature has almost been looked over being a while back but I think that was absolutely massive . A huge name in rugby league circles signing again for you is something other targets and players notice believe me . He'll be the one we're using to push the club to outsiders.

Edited by DavidM, 28 September 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sorry I meant to put him in. Always forget 1 lol. 5 out of 6 so far then. Edited now. Proof reading is the way forward

Edited by wonky, 28 September 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Tell the star wonks !!!!!

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

That would be indicating that anyone at the star office would actually wanna read the tripe they print.

#7 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

I was just going to fill up at Tesco Petrol Station in Whitehaven and none other then Stuart Fieldens...................................... number was on the back of a young lads shirt

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Dallimore saying on Twitter that he is in talks with Oldham today and if the contract is right he'll stay there (silly lad). He'll regret it if he does!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Move for Jamie Durbin maybe then if we're looking in that area. Wigan youngster played well this season ??

#10 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Maybe not Keith, if they make him a big offer to keep him and he doesn't fancy the travelling. He would be welcomed by all up here and would get to play at a higher level but if Oldham offer him big money you can't blame the lad if he stays for another season.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I think it's all to do with the travelling for dallimore. Every report has said he didn't fancy the travel and even on twitter he has said it was along way.

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Its the age old problem for us the distance between the M62 corridor and west cumbria. This is all the more reason to get something in place to develop the local talent that does exist in west cumbria and bring them on and see them in a town jersey when the times right.

#13 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Dallimore saying on Twitter that he is in talks with Oldham today and if the contract is right he'll stay there (silly lad). He'll regret it if he does!!!!!!

oldham are apparently close to a link up with a SL club.

#14 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

If he can't be bothered to travel then why bother with him. Peterson was up for it and ended up playing superleague as did Walne.
Sometimes you have to make the commitment to get the reward..

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

That's right. Daves an example for many a young player . Take a punt , show what you've got and you get yourself talked about and noticed.

#16 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

llooks like he may be leaving Oldham looking at his tweets
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#17 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 629 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Just tweeted him and because of his job it dosnt look like he will be coming up here....shame as he is what we need.

#18 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 629 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Signed back for Oldham..

#19 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

If true the lad must lack ambition so we're probably better off without him