TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

THE NEXT BIG RUGBY LEAGUE THING after this weekend and the SL GF

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#21 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

i guess you don't like it then,so why do you want to be in it ?

Show me where i have ever said i want to be in it?
I wouldnt thank you to be in it at the moment, happy where we are until the game is changed from top to bottom

#22 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Show me where i have ever said i want to be in it?
I wouldnt thank you to be in it at the moment, happy where we are until the game is changed from top to bottom

Totally agree lowfield we dont want SL until someone goes through it with a fine tooth comb.

#23 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

hope the macnamara effect is not rubbing off on Daryl
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

hope the macnamara effect is not rubbing off on Daryl

Like that one old rover owt he touches turns bad :lol:

#25 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,684 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

self serving? self pitying? narrow minded? parochial? maunjy? Never in this world. Well ssaid everybody apart from the odd poor naive fool, who probably knows nowr about this once great game of ours anyway.

the diaspora of rugby league, which whether or not people approve, is growing-comes together.
The best rugby players in the world of any kind of rugby take part.

no wonder international rugby union and its world cup is light years ahead of rugby league's

I blame the powers that be.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#26 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

have you noticed, nobody darns socks anymore. they just throw them away and buy a new pair.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#27 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

I buy 3 pairs the same then when 1 gets a hole, the other becomes a 'spare' :)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#28 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

I buy 3 pairs the same then when 1 gets a hole, the other becomes a 'spare' :)

are you talking about socks or your avatar
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#29 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Poor old Carl Dooler

#30 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

self serving? self pitying? narrow minded? parochial? maunjy? Never in this world. Well ssaid everybody apart from the odd poor naive fool, who probably knows nowr about this once great game of ours anyway.

the diaspora of rugby league, which whether or not people approve, is growing-comes together.
The best rugby players in the world of any kind of rugby take part.

no wonder international rugby union and its world cup is light years ahead of rugby league's

I blame the powers that be.

Chris.You started this thread asking for people's opinions. They have given it.You have used this forum long enough to judge most people's likely response to that question. If you are going to be 'irked' by their resplies why on earth would you prompt the response in the first place?? You have levelled the acusation of parochialism, morngyness, small mindedness, self pitying amongst other descriptors you apply to people who (rightly or wrongly) have a differing point of view or do not buy into the concept of superleague or it's associated operations e.g - tri nations/the world cup.This is a repeated theme that has been played out so much over the years. Now, you have a right to post exactly how you wish and I wouldn't ever advocate otherwise. But I just can't understand your motive here. Maybe there isn't one.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#31 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

have you noticed, nobody darns socks anymore. they just throw them away and buy a new pair.

can you still buy carbolic soap??

#32 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

You have levelled the acusation of parochialism, morngyness, small mindedness, self pitying amongst other descriptors you apply to people who (rightly or wrongly) have a differing point of view or do not buy into the concept of superleague or it's associated operations e.g - tri nations/the world cup.

The World Cup and the Super League are completely separate organisations.

#33 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

They maybe Tom. I'm talking about how the game is viewed by some people, people's disenchantment with how the game is being run, people feeling disenfranchised by the sport and apathy towrds SL, the national team and the world cup because of it.

Whether they are right or wrong to feel that way is of course down to interpretation, opinion and emotion.

If you will enjoy it and buy into it as a competition, brilliant. Do so.
There are those who prefer to abstain or actively refrain. Again, their decision. Fair do's.

#34 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

can you still buy carbolic soap??

judging by the man sat next to me at warrington, yes.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#35 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

I remember as a kid, me man n dad had certain checks for cleanliness.
Viz:-
That my entire body was bright red after getting out of the bath. (That's red not pink)!
That my hair was gone through with what felt like an instrument of torture
That I was washed with carbolic, including my eyes thus rendering me blind for several hours.
If ever I smelt it now I would kind of leg it in the opposite direction!

#36 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

I remember as a kid, me man n dad had certain checks for cleanliness.
Viz:-
That my entire body was bright red after getting out of the bath. (That's red not pink)!
That my hair was gone through with what felt like an instrument of torture
That I was washed with carbolic, including my eyes thus rendering me blind for several hours.
If ever I smelt it now I would kind of leg it in the opposite direction!

and it never did you any harm :rolleyes:
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#37 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

The problem with the game now its us v them until the game is run with a fair system and seen to be managed by people who know what they are doing, people are not going to support the wider game like they used to do before the days of pooper scooper

#38 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Chris.You started this thread asking for people's opinions. They have given it.You have used this forum long enough to judge most people's likely response to that question. If you are going to be 'irked' by their resplies why on earth would you prompt the response in the first place?? You have levelled the acusation of parochialism, morngyness, small mindedness, self pitying amongst other descriptors you apply to people who (rightly or wrongly) have a differing point of view or do not buy into the concept of superleague or it's associated operations e.g - tri nations/the world cup.This is a repeated theme that has been played out so much over the years. Now, you have a right to post exactly how you wish and I wouldn't ever advocate otherwise. But I just can't understand your motive here. Maybe there isn't one.

No i didn't. I asked what peoples' plans were
some people actually do have plans and said what they where,

I wasn't 'irked'. Do you think the people on here have the ability to 'irk' me? I mean we are talking about the likes of Lowfield and Old Rover here. Cheers.

I just posted what I had concluded from reading the replies, or a reinforcement of a conclusion I'd come to a while ago.

Everyone does things for a reason-see first sentence of this post.
Keeping it local

#39 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

The problem with the game now its us v them until the game is run with a fair system and seen to be managed by people who know what they are doing, people are not going to support the wider game like they used to do before the days of pooper scooper

the system is fair
'pooper scooper' is that really the level you are at? How old are you?

I suggest you check the attendances for international rugby league in the UK pre Super League. They are patchy to say the least
Keeping it local

#40 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

the system is fair
'pooper scooper' is that really the level you are at? How old are you?

I suggest you check the attendances for international rugby league in the UK pre Super League. They are patchy to say the least

Been watching the game for 50 years so old enough to know when the game we all love is in a mess Ive never known it so "patchy" as it is at the moment ..