THE NEXT BIG RUGBY LEAGUE THING after this weekend and the SL GF

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,232 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Been watching the game for 50 years so old enough to know when the game we all love is in a mess Ive never known it so "patchy" as it is at the moment ..

then I suggest you check
watching the game for 50 years and you come out with 'pooper scooper'

Edited by Jimmy B, 03 October 2012 - 06:19 PM.
Use of text speak

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#42 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

The World Cup and the Super League are completely separate organisations.

Who is on the board of the RLIF, RLEF, RFL and SL? One Nigel Wood! Sl and RFL and RLEF are all run by the same group of people. RLIF is run by the Aussies who do everything to help them not the game. The Kiwis and RFL just nod their head

the system is fair

Come now Chris you telling us the way SL and the RFL handled the licences, The fiascos at Bradford and Crusaders and the running of the game at Championship and SL level is fair? Sorry but I dont know anybody and that includes fans from both the Championship and SL as well as people who have been involved with SL clubs that say the RFL are doing things fairly or are even doing a decent job. Nobody expects them to get everything right but the way the RFL and SL as well as the RLEF and RLIF operate is a joke and unfair in many ways

I was up and ready to bring around 20-30 people across to London many new to the game and certainly never seen a Pro level game. But after the past 2 years or so of people involved with the RLF and personally the way people of the RLEF have treated me and others, I sadly cant be bothered wasting my time and money in organizing such a trip. Like many fans I will support and put my money behind my club but not anything to help the RFL or RLIF in going to their events. The game is run at many levels who only care about themselves and treat many people like ###### or refuse to help them because it doesnt fit their agenda. Why should myself and others further fund these clowns to throw money away and treat people so badly and so unfairly? The RFL have no interest in us Championship clubs and fans so why should we have any interest in them?

My plan like many others will be watch on the television/Computer but thats it

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard, 03 October 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#43 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

No i didn't. I asked what peoples' plans were
some people actually do have plans and said what they where,

I wasn't 'irked'. Do you think the people on here have the ability to 'irk' me? I mean we are talking about the likes of Lowfield and Old Rover here. Cheers.

I just posted what I had concluded from reading the replies, or a reinforcement of a conclusion I'd come to a while ago.

Everyone does things for a reason-see first sentence of this post.

###### in a swimming pool remark sure as hellll irkd you

#44 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

I mean we are talking about the likes of Lowfield and Old Rover here. Cheers.

'pooper scooper' is that really the level you are at? How old are you?

Derogatory comment at best. To follow it up by asking how old someone is, is double standards of the highest degree.

You try to come across as so much better than everyone on here but really all you do is remind people of something they almost stepped in, and you wonder why people don't like you on here! Pathetic.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#45 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

the system is fair
'pooper scooper' is that really the level you are at? How old are you?

I suggest you check the attendances for international rugby league in the UK pre Super League. They are patchy to say the least

If i may suggest you are ruining the memory of the great carl Dooler for many people, you have made 35,000 post and most of those are arguing with people over trivia, antagonising people, ruining threads with crazy ramblings and people are now associating that rubbish with Carl Dooler a tragedy if you ask me. maybe best to remove the picture and either leave it blank, put one on of yourself or better still co-co the clown

#46 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

then I suggest you check
watching the game for 50 years and you come out with 'pooper scooper'

should this be edited for text speak, and rude text speak at that. unless it's that place i got my settee from.

Edited by Jimmy B, 03 October 2012 - 06:23 PM.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#47 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

I would like to place on recored my deep, heart felt and sincere apologies to co-co the clown

Edited by LOWFIELD, 03 October 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#48 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

If i may suggest you are ruining the memory of the great carl Dooler for many people, you have made 35,000 post and most of those are arguing with people over trivia, antagonising people, ruining threads with crazy ramblings and people are now associating that rubbish with Carl Dooler a tragedy if you ask me. maybe best to remove the picture and either leave it blank, put one on of yourself or better still co-co the clown

calm down lowfield, it's only an avatar. when i read his posts i'm more inclined to think jim hunt than carl dooler.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#49 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

calm down lowfield, it's only an avatar. when i read his posts i'm more inclined to think jim hunt than carl dooler.

karl Pratt :D

Edited by dydo, 03 October 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#50 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

I was thinking more of the Australian 2nd rower Danny Shittu

#51 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 594 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

should this be edited for text speak, and rude text speak at that. unless it's that place i got my settee from.

Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

Jimmy B - Moderator

Edited by Jimmy B, 03 October 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#52 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

I won't be watching any of the world cup. Not for many of the reasons given by other posters but simply because internationals of any sort have no interest for me. When i fell out with RL many years ago and watched my local football club i never followed internationals in that sport either.
Apart from the odd visit to Batley i don't watch any RL that doesn't involve FEV. Far too much other stuff to be getting on with.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#53 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Who is on the board of the RLIF, RLEF, RFL and SL? One Nigel Wood! Sl and RFL and RLEF are all run by the same group of people. RLIF is run by the Aussies who do everything to help them not the game. The Kiwis and RFL just nod their head

Come now Chris you telling us the way SL and the RFL handled the licences, The fiascos at Bradford and Crusaders and the running of the game at Championship and SL level is fair? Sorry but I dont know anybody and that includes fans from both the Championship and SL as well as people who have been involved with SL clubs that say the RFL are doing things fairly or are even doing a decent job. Nobody expects them to get everything right but the way the RFL and SL as well as the RLEF and RLIF operate is a joke and unfair in many ways

I was up and ready to bring around 20-30 people across to London many new to the game and certainly never seen a Pro level game. But after the past 2 years or so of people involved with the RLF and personally the way people of the RLEF have treated me and others, I sadly cant be bothered wasting my time and money in organizing such a trip. Like many fans I will support and put my money behind my club but not anything to help the RFL or RLIF in going to their events. The game is run at many levels who only care about themselves and treat many people like ###### or refuse to help them because it doesnt fit their agenda. Why should myself and others further fund these clowns to throw money away and treat people so badly and so unfairly? The RFL have no interest in us Championship clubs and fans so why should we have any interest in them?

My plan like many others will be watch on the television/Computer but thats it

So you're planning to shoot yourself and the sport in the foot because of some parochial, vague and ill-conceived concept of 'unfairness' and a chip-on-the-shoulder mentality relating to your club? No disrespect but with an attitude like that I can fully understand why the RLEF would want to blackball you.

#54 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

So you're planning to shoot yourself and the sport in the foot because of some parochial, vague and ill-conceived concept of 'unfairness' and a chip-on-the-shoulder mentality relating to your club? No disrespect but with an attitude like that I can fully understand why the RLEF would want to blackball you.

Nothing to do with my club at all. I support and have supported the game at different levels for many many years. I dont feel the game is being run well at many levels and I am not alone. The way certain people act and do things is simply not on. I also dont see why I should put in extra effort to get a group of people to come across to put money behind people who simply dont have the games best interests at heart. Have you ever tried to get a group of people to an event abroad? If you did you would know how hard and difficult it is. I dont see why I should put myself through that and at the same time support and put money to people who I dont feel have the games best interests at heart. Have you ever wondered where the money went from the last world cup that was reported to have made well over 3 Million Pounds? Why is their no financial report ever been made public from the RLWC 08? When an organization ignores your fears about entering a comp that you dont have the finances to compete in even though you have to travel to Serbia and Russia in 2013 and will end up people paying EVERYTHING themselves and pretends that their is a domestic comp when no such thing exists then why would I back something they are involved in or put myself to so much effort? No disrespect but you dont have a clue how things was/are and so dont try and tell me about shooting the sport. I have put more money in to developing the game than many and dont need people like you to tell me what I should or should not do thanks.

#55 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Nothing to do with my club at all. I support and have supported the game at different levels for many many years. I dont feel the game is being run well at many levels and I am not alone. The way certain people act and do things is simply not on. I also dont see why I should put in extra effort to get a group of people to come across to put money behind people who simply dont have the games best interests at heart. Have you ever tried to get a group of people to an event abroad? If you did you would know how hard and difficult it is. I dont see why I should put myself through that and at the same time support and put money to people who I dont feel have the games best interests at heart. Have you ever wondered where the money went from the last world cup that was reported to have made well over 3 Million Pounds? Why is their no financial report ever been made public from the RLWC 08? When an organization ignores your fears about entering a comp that you dont have the finances to compete in even though you have to travel to Serbia and Russia in 2013 and will end up people paying EVERYTHING themselves and pretends that their is a domestic comp when no such thing exists then why would I back something they are involved in or put myself to so much effort? No disrespect but you dont have a clue how things was/are and so dont try and tell me about shooting the sport. I have put more money in to developing the game than many and dont need people like you to tell me what I should or should not do thanks.

No, I'm not talking about your experiences with Germany or the RLEF, TBH I'm not sure why you wouldn't think they had the best interests of the sport at heart even if you disagreed with their methods but that's a different debate. I'm talking about the bizarre rant you made earlier in the thread. You aren't doing the sport or any individuals a favour by attending matches, and nor are you 'getting one over' on them by not attending. You attend matches because you are supposed to enjoy the sport and want it to succeed. If you don't want to organize a trip from Germany then that's fair enough, I don't blame you because as you stated, it would take a lot of time and effort. However what I can't accept is you claiming that you were prepared to put in that effort, but now aren't because the RFL 'don't care about Championship clubs' and 'handled licensing unfairly'. That's complete BS. I brought up the RLEF because regardless of the circumstances, if you have such an unbalanced and reactionary attitude then I can understand why they might not want to deal with you, and TBH I would probably feel the same way. That isn't an insult to the time and effort you spent trying to develop the sport or your right to do so in the future, which no one is questioning.

#56 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

I spent around 10K over the years and put a hell of a lot of work in-so did others. But its not what I put in etc thats the reason.When you get somebody from the RLEF- who are a sister organization of the RFL - coming in and saying you should play 13 a side games when its not practical due to distances, getting pushed in to tournements you dont have the money to travel to, the paid RLEF ooficer for Germany stabbing you and others on the board in the back and lieing and getting his Union friends to manipulate and eventually take over and then getting stabbed in the back by the RLEF who manipulated things to get what they wanted you tend to get fed up and think sod it. Where once we had small numbers of people who organized 9s events from Cologne down to Munich we now just have a few Union players left who play it when they can be bothered. If it wasnt for the fact that there are a number of heritage players there would be no RL happening in Germany this year. That hurts me deeply and something I am very angry about along with others. To see the damage done here by people who thought they knew best and ignored what myself and others said I cant put in words.It angers me that this has been allowed to happen. The RFL/RLEF since Richard Lewis went from being Full TIme, has struggled and for me is rudderless and has caused many damages in the game at various levels. The RFL/RLEF/RLIF want things their way despite it not being best for the game. The events at Crusaders , Bradford etc. The attempted Summer amateur plan,The running of competitions is and has not been done properly whether International or domestic, the getting rid of the U20s, the plan for expanding the game both in the UK and Europe at pro and amateur level etc has not been done for the good of the game but for certain people.

I was, as said up to a few months back, ready to keep people interested in the game and push the development and get them to attend a WC or Wembley etc. Now I have had enough with the people running it at various levels. I can watch on TV or the internet games. I still sponsor a player at my pro club and I like to see what is happening at various clubs and at various levels. If somebody from Germany, Sweden or wherever asked me to help them do a training session or help them in some way I would do it for them because I love the game and I want to help them because I know how much it costs them in time, money and energy. But right now with certain people running things in RL I wont go their events like the WC, Wembley, GF. I now feel why should I go the WC or Cup Final in Wembley, when I can watch it at home with less hassle for nothing.

#57 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

I love mass debating.

Cummins Out.

#58 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

I love mass debating.

Well why did you call someone an IDIOT for having a different view to you then

#59 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

i think you need to concentrate more on the phonetics than the spelling.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#60 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,269 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

I've got lots of different views to you and you are an idiot!!!
And pick thi phone up daft lad.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users