RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

All quiet on the Hornets Coach

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Why the delay in announcing the new Coach? With other teams, most seem to be in place and we need to start rebuilding for another crucial season.

#2 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

I've been thinking the same thing. Other teams will have a head start in signing players if we don't appoint soon. We need to get out of that division and I'm sure Oldham and some other clubs feel the same.

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

It was addressed at the member's meetingon Thursday night that they were just awaiting the final details before announcing the name and also the identity of the Super League club that we will be linked with. However, the chairman did say that the clubs that we were talking to were both in the playoffs as of Thursday night, so draw into that what you will.

It was also said that the Northern Rail Cup will be purely a Championship One comp this season with two groups of four and if I remember correctly, the top two in each group playing knockout for the trophy. I also think it was added that the finalists will then join the Championship clubs in a straight knockout comp.

Don't hold me to all this though as I'm a bit vague as to what happened today let alone thusday night!!!

Another intersting point is that Rochdale Hornets now have three female members of the board, with Julie, Lynda and Wendy having been elected at the meeting.

John Stankevitch also gave a rallying cry to get more members of the Co-op and the Buzz Line draw to bring in as much as possible to bring the sort of players to the club to give us a chance to be promoted from this division.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Another intersting point is that Rochdale Hornets now have three female members of the board, with Julie, Lynda and Wendy having been elected at the meeting.

Not sure weather you think that is a good or bad thing...?
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#5 apiarist

apiarist
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Well, rain, sleet or snow is bad but glorious sunshine is good.

#6 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

For me as long as they do the best they can for Hornets and I'm sure they do I don't care what gender they are.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#7 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Genders irrelevant as long they have Hornets PROGRESSION to heart, the stewards may have issues in the car park though
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#8 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Genders irrelevant as long they have Hornets PROGRESSION to heart, the stewards may have issues in the car park though

Why would the stewards on the car park have issues
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#9 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Not sure weather you think that is a good or bad thing...?

I think it's a good thing but as BH said as long as they have the club at heart gender doesn't matter. I was merey pointing it out as something that has probably not happened before!

Unless anyone knows different of course.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#10 hitman hornet

hitman hornet
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

http://www.rugbyspee.../Ian Talbot.jpg

Heres the new Gaffa!

Edited by hitman hornet, 01 October 2012 - 12:38 PM.

100% league 0% union

#11 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

How did you find that out HH?

I take it he's called Ian Talbot?? Dare I say his name doesn't ring any bells with me?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#12 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Why would the stewards on the car park have issues

Have you ever seen a woman trying to park a car in a designated spot?

Just a bit of sexist banter
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#13 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Is this the one fillipo.

only joking girls
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#14 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

sorry sense of humour bypass this morning,back to normal again now ;)

#15 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Ian Talbot is the current St Helens U21s coach

#16 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

A unfamiliar name to most, I'm sure the alleged link up with a SL team is having a huge bearing on who gets the job and how his role will pan out..
He's young he's British and if he wants to PROGRESS this club he will get my vote.
I've made no secret of the fact I want Matt Calland put in place due to his ties, his locality and history with Hornets.
The first Time i read the name Ian Talbot was when Bobbie Goulding was spending his Friday evening winding up Stanky on twitter about the role.
Phil Bull.

#17 mattylad78

mattylad78
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Can't see matt calland coming , St. Helens want all their own staff in , including coaching and some admin , plus however many players they want to play in the team. Look at twitter and ask why players such ad Danny Ekis and dale Bloomfield are putting comments about their future on cos no one bothered to speak to them about it I presume, what's next Rochdale saints name change. RIP hornets , I for one will not watch a club I love been a feeder club for some super league club , it just won't be be same , on the plus for all of those staying , you will get cheap tickets at saints

#18 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Strange times indeed.....

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#19 hitman hornet

hitman hornet
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Seems like good times are here :)

Edited by hitman hornet, 02 October 2012 - 11:41 PM.

100% league 0% union

#20 Hornets Nest

Hornets Nest
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

I'm guessing that the link up with Saints was not put to a members vote. I stand corrected if it was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users