All quiet on the Hornets Coach

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Can't see matt calland coming , St. Helens want all their own staff in , including coaching and some admin , plus however many players they want to play in the team. Look at twitter and ask why players such ad Danny Ekis and dale Bloomfield are putting comments about their future on cos no one bothered to speak to them about it I presume, what's next Rochdale saints name change. RIP hornets , I for one will not watch a club I love been a feeder club for some super league club , it just won't be be same , on the plus for all of those staying , you will get cheap tickets at saints

I bit of an extreme view, I feel.. And Bloomers putting some posts on twitter rather than pics of him naked?
I'm sure all will come out, the longer it carries on the less likely Matt will become coach.. As I've said this club is stagnant and needs to kick on.. With Stankys role and a link up it should mean progress, if we loose a few so be it.. I'll be sad to see players off the calibre of Bloomers go, but PROGRESS is the aim here surely
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#22 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

There is an ancient curse: "May you live in intresting times"

Hornets certainly seem to be doing just that.

3 women on the board, a link-up with a prosperous super league side (Saints, it would seem) and a new coach.

You will always lose good players to clubs who can pay lots of money, but that only means there is room for new talent, and it is equally a testement to your coaching staff.

For certain you are living in intresting times, may you continue you to do so for a long time.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#23 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

I'm guessing that the link up with Saints was not put to a members vote. I stand corrected if it was.

Not sure there is any thing to vote on as discussions are still ongoing from what was said at the meeting. If its a true partnership ive no problem. Lets wait for the full details but it does need to be sorted soon.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#24 hitman hornet

hitman hornet
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

IAN TALBOT................progressed through the rugby academy system at Wigan Warriors,
playing super league for them before moving to Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.

He began coaching at saints in 2002 as assistant coach to Keiron Purtill
in the under 18's side. Ian progressed through the coaching ranks at Saints
and has been Head Coach of the under 20's for the last 4 years.

Ian has recently combined his U20's role with the position of Lead Community
Rugby League Coach, delivering rugby league skills coaching in high schools
across St Helens.
100% league 0% union

#25 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Everything that happens at Rochdale in the last three years hits the news as if it’s the best plan ever but nothing ever ends up working but good at talking it’s self up.

Saints thing will never work get someone running the club with an idea about RL

Matt Calland good enough for Halifax but not Hornets work that one out

#26 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

I love the idea of the link up, no doubt using the Australian model as a plan. It should hopefully bring the best coaching systems to the town (disseminated through the community coaches) whilst sustaining the towns professional rugby team with a better standard of rugby and putting more bums on seats.

Not so sure why its St Helens but i suppose beggers cant be choosers. I dont think youll ever hear Newtown fans complaianing that they have too many Sydney Roosters players playing.

My only concerns would be the possible reduction in opportunity for young amateur Rochdale players however i hope that it may prove to be the opposite with more players from Rochdle going to St Helens. In addittion would this venture support the Hornets under 20's? I would have thought so.

#27 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I think we are all jumping the gun here. Nothing official has been reported yet so everything on here is pure supposition.

I understood from the meeting last week that the two Super League clubs had actually contacted us about this 'link' whatever form it takes and that the board have been working closely with the clubs on how it would run.

I think that people saying they won't come again or saying that this coach is better than someone else is also premature, let's wait for the announcement and the details of the plan then decide whether the individual thinks it's good ar bad. We need to get out of this division at the first time of asking but the transition from Championship 1 to the Championsip will be very hard as the skills are much higher there just like to transition for Championship to Super League.

Give it time.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#28 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Well lets hope if it happens it produces more benefit than the tie up with Bratfurt.

Can anybody list the benefits from that tie up.

#29 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

The whole new coach thing seems to be becoming a bit of a saga

Three local coaches were interviewed for the role over two weeks ago now and have all been left hanging on a thread - for what reason?

Read on Twitter the other night and also had it confirmed from a good source that due to the St Helens link up they have an U21s coach who has a year to run on his contract and they want him to be coach Ian Talbot as already mentioned on here - the St Helens link up can only be a good thing for Hornets but not if it means them making key decisions about the club like who is to be head coach

By the time the club announce someone the new coach whoever it may be will already be on the back foot as they will be left with the players nobody else wants as they will have signed elsewhere!

Do the club ever do anything properly - once again from the outside looking in the club seem to be woefully lacking in direction again on this one

#30 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

And yet.....

"Rochdale Hornets are pleased to announce that Chris Hough, Dayne Donoghue, Paul Crook and Steven Roper have all agreed playing terms for the 2013 season.
We will be announcing more signings shortly, so please keep checking back here (official site) for all the latest news!"

....so, we must assume that the new coach is being consulted. So, why not announce the appointment?

#31 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Unless the old coach is being consulted

#32 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Given the latest Bulls/Rams "feeder' link-up ("It would appear that only Halifax, Sheffield and Featherstone are not looking to become a feeder club or have stated they aren't") and our possible link-up, clearly there is a lot happening behind the scenes at the RFL, which will affect decisions now and for the future. The fans will be the last to know.

#33 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

And yet.....

"Rochdale Hornets are pleased to announce that Chris Hough, Dayne Donoghue, Paul Crook and Steven Roper have all agreed playing terms for the 2013 season.
We will be announcing more signings shortly, so please keep checking back here (official site) for all the latest news!"

....so, we must assume that the new coach is being consulted. So, why not announce the appointment?

You can add John Cookson to that list as of this morning.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users