67 replies to this topic

#21 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

pleased - nothing really

Not pleased - everything really
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#22 Errol Stock

Errol Stock
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Pleased: We still have a club
New owners appear to recognise the importance of building a relationship with those that hand over money (Fans!)
I didn't fall for the emotional "Pledge" appeal for money which I suspect went west - BUT pleased to give my money into the hardship fund buckets for those who lost their jobs!

Not pleased

Having my hopes shattered that my club was not run as portrayed in "This Sporting Life" - released in 1963! But in truth - not one step forward had been made.
And for whatever reason - there are still truths that need to come out - and they haven't.

#23 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,977 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Awful season for London only partially redeemed by the players earning some of their salary back at the end of the year.

Staying in one place for a bit longer is a positive, the total lack of any strategy, marketing, planning, communication, sense or direction off the field - or even a club shop - has just killed any enthusiasm I have for the club.

If I go to any rugby next season it will be in Hemel but even there an 8 home game league season feels like too few matches to be meaningful.

But, away from London, I think there have been plenty of reasons to be positive. As ever, our biggest enemies are within.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#24 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Pleased-The introduction of several young players into the team,Ward,Hood and Keinhorst.

Not Pleased- The lack of young forwards coming through at Leeds and the "We''l be ok in the playoffs attitude"
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#25 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Pleased - we won the league, Tomkins continues to be amazing, some good younger players lining up to come through

Not Pleased - We've lost all the important games, we can't beat Warrington (who I think are actually the best team in the league at the moment)

All said though at the start of the season I thought we'd finish 3rd/4th and not get to any finals, so I'm really pleased we won the league.

#26 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,977 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Pleased - we won the league, Tomkins continues to be amazing, some good younger players lining up to come through

Not Pleased - We've lost all the important games, we can't beat Warrington (who I think are actually the best team in the league at the moment)

All said though at the start of the season I thought we'd finish 3rd/4th and not get to any finals, so I'm really pleased we won the league.

You didn't win the league. You got a little present for being best in qualifying.
- Severus, July 2012

#27 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

You didn't win the league. You got a little present for being best in qualifying.

So are you saying that being top of the league, at the end of the league season isn't winning the league?

#28 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,977 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

So are you saying that being top of the league, at the end of the league season isn't winning the league?

Who wins the Super League title?

Finishing top at the qualifying stage is not winning the league.
- Severus, July 2012

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Pleased -
Super Keith Lulia, Bryn Hargreaves pre-exit, John Bateman, Manase Manuokafoa
Winning a handful more games than in recent times
Beating just about all the teams I felt we should have
The togetherness the troubles of this season have created

Not pleased -
Taking just a point in 2 games against Salford, no offence intended
A leaky defence
The mess of the administration and subsequent reaction from some
The possibility of signing Scott Murrell

Edited by hindle xiii, 04 October 2012 - 12:31 PM.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#30 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Who wins the Super League title?

Finishing top at the qualifying stage is not winning the league.

Who wins the title of Super League Champions is the team that wins the Grand Final? I'm surprised you didn't know that!

I didn't claim we were Super League Champions (and I rightly avoided using the word champions), I said we won the league, which we did. You can argue the perceived value of winning the league but you can't argue that we didn't win it!

#31 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,977 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Who wins the title of Super League Champions is the team that wins the Grand Final? I'm surprised you didn't know that!

As my posting history shows I'm ignorant of most things when it comes to rugby.

You didn't win the Super League title, you didn't win Super League. You won a qualifying stage. Well done. It's meaningless.
- Severus, July 2012

#32 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Pleased:
We are still in business

Not Pleased:
Brendan Guilfoyle will no doubt be back in business sometime soon at another sporting club.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Pleased:
We are still in business

Not Pleased:
Brendan Guilfoyle will no doubt be back in business sometime soon at another sporting club.

I was watching sky sports news either last Thursday or Friday morning and it was on about this take over malarky at dirty Leeds United, then all of a sudden up popped Brendan Guilfoyle who said something or other about it. I smirked a little.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#34 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

As my posting history shows I'm ignorant of most things when it comes to rugby.

You didn't win the Super League title, you didn't win Super League. You won a qualifying stage. Well done. It's meaningless.

Interesting that you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say we won Super League, I said we won the league.

So can we just be clear... according to you, Wigan didn't win the league this year?

#35 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

What's wrong with saying "finished top"? :rolleyes:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#36 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

What's wrong with saying "finished top"? :rolleyes:

nothing! But to put it in to context by saying 'of the league' otherwise it sounds a bit odd.

Isn't finishing top of the league still winning the league? And lets be fair, I also said I expected us to finish 3rd or 4th. If I'm not allowed to be happy that we "finished top" of the league instead of lower, then as I said to you on a different thread last week... I'm obviously not a proper fan :)

Edited by RidingPie, 01 October 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#37 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,977 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Interesting that you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say we won Super League, I said we won the league.

So can we just be clear... according to you, Wigan didn't win the league this year?

You didn't win the league. The league title is decided by the team that wins the Grand Final.
- Severus, July 2012

#38 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

You didn't win the league. The league title is decided by the team that wins the Grand Final.

Yes that's right the league title, i.e. the title of Champions, are the team that wins the grand final, and I've never argued otherwise. And its far more prestigious to win that.

However, at the end of the league competition Wigan were top of the league. We won the league, nothing else.

#39 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

The best season I've ever known as a Warrington fan; obviously it could become 100% better this Saturday. Even if we lost, it would still be the best yet in my lifetime.

Pleased
The signings we made this season - Waterhouse, Ratchford and Hill have all been terrific
Wembley - not much more to say really. Terrific performance.
Doing the double over Wigan and a 2 from 2 record at Langtree Park.
Richie Myler's continued improvement in attack and defence. His choice of pass is now excellent, and he's one of our most reliable defenders.
Mickey Higham - great season when most Wire fans thought he was well past it, Saturday's daft forward pass not included.

Not so pleased
Rhys Evans - not sure he's come on as much as we had hoped, players like Riley are well ahead of him in the pecking order
The manner of the defeats at London and Salford - I don't mind losing, but there were a few poor attitudes on show those nights.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#40 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Summed up perfectly i think Browny!

One point worth noting, I believe Rhys Evans got mom in the u20's final on Saturday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users