Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Choke

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Im coming out of retirement for this one best team won no doubt about that. But briggs is not a loose forward get him back at stand off and get matty back at 13 because both looked out of position today and we haven lost our best forward in maloney he his class he was the only forward today along with bostock who made yards today.Anyone who questioned bostocks resigning watch the replay he was our best forward along with maloney.Credit where its due though the eagles were the best team today and deserved their victory.For the fax fans gloating get a life at least we gave the eagles a game unlike you guys.

Yeah and we gave you a game in the NRC final.

#42 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Oh yeah sorry your right it was turner that ripped you a new one not taylor.

Unless you sign big soon im in no doubt you guys will finish outside the top 4 ive always said fax are nothing without penky and hes gone stop gloating and prey your club sign big ASAP because finals will be a big dream for you guys next season if not.

#43 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

Yeah and we gave you a game in the NRC final.

Fax always raise their game against us maybe if you did that every week you might have won the league.

#44 ruggerbeleeg

ruggerbeleeg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Quote. "Ok bud, cos the fev fans never gloat or take the pisse on our site when they win. Its all a bit of fun."

To be honest most Fev fans don't give a sh**t about our site.
The ones that do post usualy have a bit of banter or are positive.
The odd one talks garbage and has a slag off and you tell them to b*gg*r off.
That's the point.
It's not taken as a bit of fun and soon turns nasty.
A bit of a clue is in how many fans from other clubs are having a laugh at Rovers expense.

Edited by ruggerbeleeg, 30 September 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#45 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Quote. "Ok bud, cos the fev fans never gloat or take the pisse on our site when they win. Its all a bit of fun."

That's the point.

Well I promise you I'm having fun, Eagles Eagles Eagles x

#46 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

That's the point.

I dont mind banter and the best team won today the eagles deserve the credit and alot more fans through their gates if they play like they have in the last month especially. Without you guys leigh batley etc fans this league would'nt be a great league like it is.

#47 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Fax always raise their game against us maybe if you did that every week you might have won the league.

No, we only beat you cos you had just played Cas and Wigan

#48 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

No, we only beat you cos you had just played Cas and Wigan

Maybe the drubbing we experienced yes but the NRC no you were the best team on the day and like you say yeah we seem to choke when it realy matters and i have to totally agree with that we seem to run out of ideas in the finals

Edited by thundergaz, 30 September 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#49 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

I dont mind banter and the best team won today the eagles deserve the credit and alot more fans through their gates if they play like they have in the last month especially. Without you guys leigh batley etc fans this league would'nt be a great league like it is.

Thats the spirit Gaz, at least someone has a sense of humour. Im sure fev will batter us next season and have plenty of time to gloat. With Ellis added to an already strong squad I think you will win the double next season.

#50 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Maybe the drubbing we experienced yes but the NRC no you were the best team on the day and like you say yeah we seem to choke when it realy matters and i have to totally agree with that we seem to run out of ideas in the finals

That is a serious topic, do you think you do choke on big occasions or is it just bad luck? I'm sure it must be starting to prey on the minds of players who have been with the club a while.

#51 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Thats the spirit Gaz, at least someone has a sense of humour. Im sure fev will batter us next season and have plenty of time to gloat. With Ellis added to an already strong squad I think you will win the double next season.

Im glad someone thinks that but im sure us fev fans have our feet firmly planted at the moment after our 2 finals this year. Good luck to you guys too 4 next year and its a shame about barlow would of loved to get him here but was'nt to be and i see him as a big loss to our league never mind your team.

#52 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

That is a serious topic, do you think you do choke on big occasions or is it just bad luck? I'm sure it must be starting to prey on the minds of players who have been with the club a while.

Yes we choke no doubt about that but in the NRC we lost ellis and today why did we play briggs at loose forward and not matty? Briggs should be at 6 for me but i dare not question the king DP because he as done amazing for us since he came i just wonder his selections sometimes but if we had won then it would of been a master stroke i guess :lol:

#53 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

http://www.halifaxco...-true-1-4979354

Worry not he will be playing for fax next season.

#54 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

http://www.halifaxco...-true-1-4979354

Worry not he will be playing for fax next season.

Hope its true because he would be a big loss to our league.Wish he was at york or hunslet though and not fax :lol:

#55 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yes we choke no doubt about that but in the NRC we lost ellis and today why did we play briggs at loose forward and not matty? Briggs should be at 6 for me but i dare not question the king DP because he as done amazing for us since he came i just wonder his selections sometimes but if we ?had won then it would of been a master stroke i guess :lol:

The key to our NRC victory was that Manning had Kain in his pocket. Briggs hasn't been the same player since going to Bradford, they are good at ruining players. Hepworth was a bad miss for you that day aswell.'

#56 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

The key to our NRC victory was that Manning had Kain in his pocket. Briggs hasn't been the same player since going to Bradford, they are good at ruining players. Hepworth was a bad miss for you that day aswell.'

Spot on with your post. Also manning must be one of our biggest losses ever i mean ok we lost newlove etc but we got decent money for them but manning went for nothing and hes been the best forward in our league for me this year.

#57 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

no arguments from me. Sheffield have the game to beat us and they played very well today.a couple of things do worry me. firstly, other teams never used to finish the game fitter than us, they do now, even big lads like howison, stringer and higgins. secondly, we only seem to have one gameplan and seem unable to adapt to whoever we are playing. just my opinoin , and once again, well done eagles.

That second try of the Eagles was a joy to behold. No one, even in SL could have prevented that one.Our below par performance was not just on the day. IMO, it has been creeping up on us for the past few weeks.Key players have not been playing to their potential.
I think DP should concentrate upon securing forwards. We were outgunned down the middle of the park and had no answer to Stringer and Co. First half, must have had 70% of possession and field position but seemed at a loss when the line appeared. They defended very well and kept our key men very quiet. We will have to adapt to a different tactic as I believe that opposition teams have now worked out how to put us on the back foot.
Very disappointing once again. Is that three finals and one trophy?. Not good enough IMO for a team of our stature.

#58 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

That second try of the Eagles was a joy to behold. No one, even in SL could have prevented that one.Our below par performance was not just on the day. IMO, it has been creeping up on us for the past few weeks.Key players have not been playing to their potential.
I think DP should concentrate upon securing forwards. We were outgunned down the middle of the park and had no answer to Stringer and Co. First half, must have had 70% of possession and field position but seemed at a loss when the line appeared. They defended very well and kept our key men very quiet. We will have to adapt to a different tactic as I believe that opposition teams have now worked out how to put us on the back foot.
Very disappointing once again. Is that three finals and one trophy?. Not good enough IMO for a team of our stature.

Great post bob you have sumed it up perfectly

#59 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Spot on with your post. Also manning must be one of our biggest losses ever i mean ok we lost newlove etc but we got decent money for them but manning went for nothing and hes been the best forward in our league for me this year.

When manning was at fev did he look poor? I just wonder cos he was our best player last year easily and I just wondered why fev let him go?

#60 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

When manning was at fev did he look poor? I just wonder cos he was our best player last year easily and I just wondered why fev let him go?

I would'nt say poor he just did'nt stand out in our pack at the time. But im sure DP is scratching his head like us fev fans why we let him go.