Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Choke

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yeah he must be. Best second rower in the league. If he isn't in super league in a couple of years I will be surprised

#62 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Fev.....best side in the Division....once again,
The play-offs lie, bless Sheffield Eagles....scary - don't think so.
How many fans did they take, 340 ?
mark aston is a blob.

#63 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

mark aston is a blob.

34 more like :lol:

#64 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

how come jon greyshon cant get in, was he injured?
Posted Image

#65 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

how come jon greyshon cant get in, was he injured?

Not good enough i guess because he was'nt injured. But IMO i would have played him today but im not DP the king :lol: But dont get me on team selection because today i thought the king DP dropped a clanger

Edited by thundergaz, 30 September 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#66 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Just goes to show that supporters don't win matches. Big turnouts for Barrow and Featherstone but both lost to better teams.
Personally I wanted Sheffield to win but I was impressed by the way in which your fans accepted that the Eagles were better on the day.
We have both had ###### days but for both of us things will get better.
You have a new admirer in me.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#67 FaxMachine

FaxMachine
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Featherstone where beaten by a very good side. Sheffield have hit form at the right time which included hammering Halifax two weeks ago.
The second Sheffield try was the try of the season.
The winner today was Championship rugby.

...but according to Mr. Powell at half-time "we let in 2 soft tries". Does that guy ever give the other team any credit? Arrogant or what.

#68 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

...but according to Mr. Powell at half-time "we let in 2 soft tries". Does that guy ever give the other team any credit? Arrogant or what.

1st try was soft but the 2nd was the best try of the season for me and well deserved.But your comment of DP is wrong if him or KH said them trys were unstoppable or we could'nt cope etc what would you think of our or your coach after saying that?

#69 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hows that arrogant? we failed to wrap up Yere with 3 different tacklers and their second one, the defender fell off.... soft tries.

Cummins Out.

#70 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,487 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

mark aston is a blob.

Yet a successful blob. :)

Dearie me today. <_<
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#71 sussex rover

sussex rover
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

eagles played some good rugby excellent kicking game their team deserves better support

#72 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yes we choke no doubt about that but in the NRC we lost ellis and today why did we play briggs at loose forward and not matty? Briggs should be at 6 for me but i dare not question the king DP because he as done amazing for us since he came i just wonder his selections sometimes but if we had won then it would of been a master stroke i guess :lol:

Briggs at loose forward????? If you study the game closely you will notice that we play without a loose forward, but with two stand-offs, one down the right and the other down the left. Kain only plays down the right, even when Matty Dale is at 13. Trouble is that Briggs can only play down the right too, and has been totally out of sorts down the left because he can only step off his right foot, and stepping inside is his speciality, especially near the line. The main reason we lost was that both our stand-offs misfired, and although Heppy looked good there when he came on, he had to finish the game at full-back. Andy Kain was the player of the season until Ellis went back to Wakefield, but since then having to put short spells in at hooker seems to have affected his stand-off (or pivot) play.
I have faith in Daryl to get his three talented stand-offs playing their best next season.

#73 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

we didn't choke we were just not good enough...last year we bust teams up down the middle with the like of tonka and a second hooker in kirk netherton...this year we haven't had that...i dont want to take the glory away from sheffield and halifax...but if we had had a blockbusting tackle breaking prop to compliment stu n engy and were able to keep hold of andy ellis...there would be 2 more trophies in the cabinet.
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#74 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

1st try was soft but the 2nd was the best try of the season for me and well deserved.But your comment of DP is wrong if him or KH said them trys were unstoppable or we could'nt cope etc what would you think of our or your coach after saying that?

The second was from 2 forward passess that Roby missed because he was that concerned at getting to the try line he had his back completely to play.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#75 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Much as don't care for the guy, Aston yet again gave his players a game plan designed to nullify and beat us, his players to there credit stuck to it. Our problem was we had no plan B.
Well done Sheffield and roll on next season.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#76 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Much as don't care for the guy, Aston yet again gave his players a game plan designed to nullify and beat us, his players to there credit stuck to it. Our problem was we had no plan B.
Well done Sheffield and roll on next season.

He didn't do too much with ball in hand when he played for us, but his kicking game was good. Now he is a coach, his team has the best kicking game in our league, and he devised a plan to beat us.
He'll have it harder next year, however, when other sides consider them "The team to beat".

#77 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,487 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

He didn't do too much with ball in hand when he played for us, but his kicking game was good.

Ah - there was your (coach's) error. He can't run. Never has done.

He stood and passed. He kicked. He pointed a lot.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users