TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Don't look back in anger

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

We came up short today. We're all disappointed, but we came up against a team at the top of its game. It's been a terrific season - again - and most importantly it remains a great time to be a Fev fan.

If people want to talk about choking, let them. The top four or five teams in this league are all capable of beating each other on any given day. That's what makes the Championship such a great, competitive league. We've lost a couple of big finals this year. We won one last year. That isn't a pattern.

There are some great times ahead for Fev, and it's been a great season.

That is all.

#2 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

choking , thats a pretty strong accusation why not approach the players ,then see

#3 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

When I said "let them", think it's pretty clear I meant "let them show their ignorance."

#4 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Well whatt would you sat about 4 finals 1 win then unlucky yes fax game Blackpool no played bad today did not turn up so what more excuse we did
choke l

Edit use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 30 September 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#5 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

phantom horseman i realise what you meant ,but why should we allow our players to be deemed as chokers

Edited by Jimmy B, 30 September 2012 - 06:44 PM.
use of text speak

#6 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

All I'm saying is I wouldn't dignify the suggestion of choking with a response. The top teams in the league are all capable of beating each other on any given day. Yes we've only won one out of 4 finals but we've won 3 league leaders' shields and we've lost the finals by 9 points, 4 points and a golden point. There are a lot of Fev fans who will say in years to come that the biggest day of our season was the Cup game against Cas, we didn't "choke" then. I think the word is a nonsense, frankly, and just people trying to find some cheap and easy way to categorise the chaotic and random events of a rugby match.

#7 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

well said

#8 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

We're best in our league can't win grand final how much more do you want its simple we have no bottle anybody who says not is in my mind a plonker 1 win in 4 it's clear

Edit use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 30 September 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#9 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

but we have won a grand final

#10 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

but we have won a grand final

It's simple really. The best team on the day won. Their kicking game was better, they matched us in the forwards and showed more variety in attack. We were nfortunate that Smeaton wasn't playing and our three quarters looked disjointed. But take heart we are still up there.

#11 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Well done Sheffield you certainly deserve your trophy; Best side today and probably best side in all three games played against us this season; You stifled our playmakers brilliantly with your defence and your backing up in attack was exemplary; Thanks to my own team Fev for another brilliant season these two final defeats will make us stronger; The championship has been the winner again today; Disappointed? Like hell I am but one team has to lose and the best side won;

#12 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

I was saying 4 finals 1 win yes again no bottle

#13 SCOTTY

SCOTTY
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well done Sheffield you certainly deserve your trophy; Best side today and probably best side in all three games played against us this season; You stifled our playmakers brilliantly with your defence and your backing up in attack was exemplary; Thanks to my own team Fev for another brilliant season these two final defeats will make us stronger; The championship has been the winner again today; Disappointed? Like hell I am but one team has to lose and the best side won;

Great post
The truth is out there?

#14 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

Commiserations from a Leyther.

I'm pleased for Sheffield though - it's always good to see another name on a trophy, and they've had a terrific run in to winning it - to beat 5th, 3rd, 2nd and now 1st shows they were the form team when it mattered.

All that said though, I still believe the term 'Champions' should really apply to the team who proves it over the season, by topping the league.

Anyway guys, look on the bright side - for the Anglo-French competition, you are now considered to have finished SECOND, and will be rewarded by a trip to the South of France! (unless the rules change)
Here's hoping we play you the following Thursday - like we did with Sheffield this season!!

#15 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Ok, we lost, not the end ot the universe. We are the best team in the championship, just not so good at finals. and as proved today the best supported team. So here to next season when I can don my Rovers shirt once more with pride !

#16 ruggerbeleeg

ruggerbeleeg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Brilliant season for you guys and whenever I have seen you play it has been top rugby league to watch.
It will be tough at the moment but you know you will be back.
Thanks for a great year.

#17 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Ok, we lost, not the end ot the universe. We are the best team in the championship, just not so good at finals. and as proved today the best supported team. So here to next season when I can don my Rovers shirt once more with pride !

You optimist,Tim. Obviously not sat amongst the fans where we were sitting. Dont forget, just because we love and support our club, it still should not prevent us from stating constructive criticism.We are still a little way from the finished product.

#18 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

I'm not in agreement of the best team in the league losing nonsense, the league shield means nothing, it's all about the finals, if people judged teams on there domestic finish Leeds would be average at best and we all know that isn't true.

#19 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm not in agreement of the best team in the league losing nonsense, the league shield means nothing, it's all about the finals, if people judged teams on there domestic finish Leeds would be average at best and we all know that isn't true.

I disagree if you win the league you are champions IMO whether its us or anyone else.In every other sport if you win the league you are champions why should our sport be any different just because of the fools at the RFL.

Edited by thundergaz, 30 September 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#20 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Don't get me wrong,I'm not in agreement with the format but we all know the crack. It's all about the grand final. If it was all about the league shield fev wouldn't have won it 3 years on the bounce