Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fryston - embarrassment to the game

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Having watched the Yorkshire men’s final game at Stanningley between Skirlaugh v Fryston weekend I can only say Fryston are a joke, an embarrassment to the game. Why are they still allowed to play rugby!!

One of the Skirlaugh players got physically attacked in the last minute of the game by one of the fryston players. He landed 4 blows on him breaking his jaw for no reason apart from being a bit cheeky.

Fryston had 2 players sent off in the last 5 minute and 2 more binned during the game. When they wanted to they can play good rugby but when things don’t go there way they get on the refs back and start getting dirty.

Dean Sampson ex Cas and GB player, what a joke he has become. Why would an ex player resort to high shotting young kids. Surely he out of most knows how hard this game can be without resorting to violence. During the game he got penalised by the touch judge. He walks up to the the ref and said that TJ is a fing ####*r, “what are u going to do about that” The ref didn’t send him off just told him to go away.

Theses players intimidate the officials who no offense to them are not the best. If they were they would be ref a high standard.

They was RFL committee members watching the game and the skirlaugh committee spoke to them after the game and asked what would happen. Think we all know what will happen.

I personally think the kid who got his jaw broke should contact the police and start criminal processing. Yes extreme but we play rugby, we do now go to get attacked. This is the only way players and teams like theses will learn. I hope as a club skirlaugh refuse to play them again.

#2 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,892 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

I don't actually know who will play them next year. Skirlaugh Bulls have gone back to the Hull league now apparently. Not acceptable regardless

Edited by bowes, 01 October 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#3 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Skiralugh Bulls have gone back to the Hull and Districk for the winter season. This is due to them playing less than ten games all season, (4 against Fryston) They do intend to play summer next season if the rfl get the league sorted out.

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

any video footage anywhere?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Unfortunately the game was not recorded, wonder how many games are. In reality any team who plays fryston should record it so they can use it as evidence when the next incident happened which it will.

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,767 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Moorends had to have touch judges at all their league games home and away between 1984 and 1986, the league made Moorends pay for the pleasure as well.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#7 revtype

revtype
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

You dont have to remind Skirlaugh to instuct the police to take action. Anyone remember their player Ian Newton and his broken jaw. The culprit had to pay him £1000 compensation, do 200 hours community service and pay £200 court costs

#8 Davc1h

Davc1h
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Moorends had to have touch judges at all their league games home and away between 1984 and 1986, the league made Moorends pay for the pleasure as well.

Thats probably because Moorends/Marshlands were as dirty as any team in any league.

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,767 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Thats probably because Moorends/Marshlands were as dirty as any team in any league.

Marshland Rangers where a completely different set of players and there was never any love lost when our 2nds played them.

Moorends did have Jack Daddy & Lol Rawson watch us home and away on several occasions and their findings where that Moorends where a robust side who would run for the full 80 and tackle anything above a blade of grass, after this report we had the touch judges removed.

#10 Davc1h

Davc1h
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Marshland Rangers where a completely different set of players and there was never any love lost when our 2nds played them.

Moorends did have Jack Daddy & Lol Rawson watch us home and away on several occasions and their findings where that Moorends where a robust side who would run for the full 80 and tackle anything above a blade of grass, after this report we had the touch judges removed.

Not gonna get into an argument over this as rugby was different then anyway
I can always remember playing Moorends and Marshlands away over 2 weeks and there were at least 4/5 players played in both games.

Ernie Lake and his brother been 2 of em :-)

We always used to laugh though as for some reason they never behaved the same away from home. I played for Brotherton BTW.

Having said that, i played in some great games against Moorends over the years, including when you were in the Hull league and Ronnie Wileman played. They were an excellent team then i have to say, as you said earlier hard but fair.

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,767 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Not gonna get into an argument over this as rugby was different then anyway
I can always remember playing Moorends and Marshlands away over 2 weeks and there were at least 4/5 players played in both games.

Ernie Lake and his brother been 2 of em :-)

We always used to laugh though as for some reason they never behaved the same away from home. I played for Brotherton BTW.

Having said that, i played in some great games against Moorends over the years, including when you were in the Hull league and Ronnie Wileman played. They were an excellent team then i have to say, as you said earlier hard but fair.

That was our 2nd team that Ronnie played for and our 1st team and Marshland never played in the same division, the 2nd and Marshland did, what did happen and this is where you could be getting mixed up, when Marshland folded a few of their players came to us and that was around the time BROTHERTON Climbed up the leagues and our 1st team moved back to Sundays.

#12 Davc1h

Davc1h
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

That was our 2nd team that Ronnie played for and our 1st team and Marshland never played in the same division, the 2nd and Marshland did, what did happen and this is where you could be getting mixed up, when Marshland folded a few of their players came to us and that was around the time BROTHERTON Climbed up the leagues and our 1st team moved back to Sundays.

Ah, i stand corrected mate.

As stated earlier, enjoyed some great games against Moorends. Did definately play against your Hull league team though, may have been in cup. You were a very good team at that time.

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,767 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Ah, i stand corrected mate.

As stated earlier, enjoyed some great games against Moorends. Did definately play against your Hull league team though, may have been in cup. You were a very good team at that time.

I played at Loose-forward in that side.

Brotherton was our local derby for years.

Edited by Marauder, 04 October 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#14 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

You dont have to remind Skirlaugh to instuct the police to take action. Anyone remember their player Ian Newton and his broken jaw. The culprit had to pay him £1000 compensation, do 200 hours community service and pay £200 court costs

A Rugby Union player from Weston (?) is serving 2 years in prison for breaking an opponent's jaw through an on-field assault.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#15 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

On a update to this, the police were called and the Fryston player in question has been arrested and released on bail. Police are currently investigating matter further....

#16 Gav

Gav
  • Coach
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

On a update to this, the police were called and the Fryston player in question has been arrested and released on bail. Police are currently investigating matter further....

Good to hear. It's a tough enough game as it is without players resorting to mindless thuggery.

Nottingham Outlaws RLFC

RLC Premier Champions 2008

Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

RLC Club Of The Year 2001

Outlaws Match Photos

#17 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Sadly the same mentality was evident in Fryston's junior sides in the past and among the spectators/parents.

A lot of the folk there appear to be low down on the evolutionary scale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users