Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Positive Criticism

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 taximick

taximick
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

First I have to say thanks for another great season even though we lost in the 2 finals. I don't think anyone can knock any of the players for there effort & enthusiasm all season. BUTI think what we had missing over the last 6 or 7 games was the lack of offloads which leads to players not bothering to back up. Especialy now teams seam to be moving up quick on us, and a little bit off side now & then !!.
I think we play our best rugby when we slipping balls out in the tackle and opening up defences.
Just my opinion. Does anyone else agree.
Can't wait for next season already. :rolleyes:

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

First I have to say thanks for another great season even though we lost in the 2 finals. I don't think anyone can knock any of the players for there effort & enthusiasm all season. BUTI think what we had missing over the last 6 or 7 games was the lack of offloads which leads to players not bothering to back up. Especialy now teams seam to be moving up quick on us, and a little bit off side now & then !!.
I think we play our best rugby when we slipping balls out in the tackle and opening up defences.
Just my opinion. Does anyone else agree.
Can't wait for next season already. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism at all, it's the doom and gloom merchants that get too me!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#3 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

I agree, Saxton is always looking to get the ball away and nobody is watching. Our game seems to lack a bit of depth because we arent looking for second phase plays.

If you look back to last year final, I think 2 of our first 3 tries come off the back of an offload.

Cummins Out.

#4 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

... we arent looking for second phase plays...

TBH there were times on Sunday when I'm not sure we were even looking for 1st phase plays! Far too often there were 4 players around the play the ball and an absolutely flat line up ; no wonder the Sheffield defence found it easy to nulify our 'attack'.

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

I have only got 2 points to make this season from last 1 is why cant we defend grubber kicks through our line? We seem to concede trys like this week in week out.Also last season i could count on 1 hand how many soft trys we conceded this season it must be in the 20s/30s.As our defence got worse from last season?Dont know but it sure does seem it as to me.But overall we have had a fantastic season regardless of trophys as im very grateful to just get the chance of getting the trophys never mind winning them.I think we are improving year on year and see next season as another great 1 for our club.

#6 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Edited.

Edited by sidnee, 02 October 2012 - 10:49 AM.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users